💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

An unfortunate fact about Taylor Swift

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Before you read this thread, I'm not spreading hate, but I'm pointing something out that I recently realized. 

So Taylor is one of those artists that I just can't stand. She is fake, and extremely manufactured. Every boyfriend, feud, all the positive and negative things she does, and the whole squad thing, scream publicity stunt to me. All things to help keep her in the news and relevant. 

Now the unfortunate fact about her is that her music is ****ing great. She makes songs for me to bop to, cry to, relate to, aspire to do, and she's an INCREDIBLE songwriter. Thats not an unfortunate fact at all, the unfrotunate fact is that the way she is manufactured to stay in the press really overshadows the quality of the music. No one ever wants to talk about the music, just what she's doing. It reminds me of how people only wanted to talk about what gaga was wearing and not her music back in 2009-2013. It discredits her as an extremely good artist. 

I know this is a random thread, but I've been thinking  it for a while. I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift, but I'm a huge fan of her music. That's what makes her my guilty pleasure, and I don't like that. I can't even bop to Shake It Off without my friends reminding me of Kimye, and then I all of a sudden can't stand an artist who's music was an essential part of my childhood. 

Her overexposure isn't because of her music, it's because of how much media attention she gets. That's an unfortunate fact imo, cuz good music should be what's relevant about an artist, not the personal mishaps. 

Im not here to offend anyone with this thread, just wanted to share my opinion with people who enjoy pop culture, and music as much as me (so not my friends and family).

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PrinceGaga

This comment has been removed due to copyright infringement.

Courtesy of TAS LLC Management 2017©

gagaisitalian

She has to stay relevant in a time when her Instagram is more news-worthy than her music. That is just the sad time we live in right now. The important thing is to not let her personal life affect the way you listen to her music. 

If you're bopping to Shake It Off and remember the Kimye incident, just say "**** it" and you finish bopping! Then put on Sparks Fly or Enchanted AND JUST CONTINUE TO BOP!!!

tumblr_inline_oqpfrjQk3L1qclvgf_540.gif

Thomas P
Just now, PrinceGaga said:

This comment has been removed due to copyright infringement.

Courtesy of TAS LLC Management 2017©

giphy.gif

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

River

I firstly knew her thanks to Kanye lol and the first song that I heard was Shake It Off.. and my first impression was to be careful from this person, she has this backstabber look in her eyes..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Miel

I have to agree- she really is a great songwriter. If not by herself, then at least with other writers, too.

I mean, You Belong With Me is contemporary pop-country perfection tbh

3 points in and ready for more

Bette Davis

I really dislike her persona, but I can't deny that 1989 is pop perfection :lolly:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

DeleteMyAccount

She seems like a great person on a personal level behind the cameras.

However, I always questioned her. For example, when she first started out and put out "You Belong With Me" she made herself out to be the non-popular girl in high school who mocked the popular girls in her music. That's not me judging the music video but Taylor herself. She always had the sweet girl next door persona. 

But ever since Red, Taylor just seemed to blast away from her past and take on the popular girl look and personality: how she poses, dresses, who she hangs with, etc. And sure, she was a teen when her career started, but I guess I never really bought into the Taylor that we see today.

Gov Hooka

See I think her personality and her music both suck. I've never heard blander production and vocals than in a Taylor Swift song. I group her with Ashlee Simpson and Hillary Duff in the incredibly basic pop department 

DontDoubtDavid

Funny, I was taking to a friend about Taylor Swift earlier today. She kinda has disappeared. Haven't really seen her in the media eye for a while now.

shoful
55 minutes ago, River said:

I firstly knew her thanks to Kanye lol and the first song that I heard was Shake It Off.. and my first impression was to be careful from this person, she has this backstabber look in her eyes..

You got all that from one song:oprah:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

River
33 minutes ago, shoful said:

You got all that from one song:oprah:

From watching her, not from the song:neyde:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

JGD
51 minutes ago, DontDoubtDavid said:

Funny, I was taking to a friend about Taylor Swift earlier today. She kinda has disappeared. Haven't really seen her in the media eye for a while now.

She tends to do that between albums.

Archived