question

Best Generation of Female Singers?

Red Velvet

Poll title  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best generation for female singers

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

Which is the best generation of female singers? 

1960's-1997- Cher, Madonna, Paula Abdul, Dionne Warwick, Reba McEntire, Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Ella Fitzgerald, Tina Turner, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Etta James, Diana Ross, Annie Lennox,Spice Girls,Donna Summer and Björk. 

1998- 2006: Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Shania Twain, Madonna, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez,Mariah Carey,Leona Lewis, Nelly Furtado, Ciara, Brandy, Kelly Clarkson, Shakira,Rihanna, Fergie, Destiny's Child and Beyoncé. 

2007-2011: Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha,Britney Spears, Cascada, Nicole Scherzinger, Shakira, Adele, Beyoncé, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Carrie Underwood.

2012-2017: Taylor Swift, Adele,Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Hailee Steinfeld, Melanie Martinez, Halsey, Alessia Cara, Zara Larsson, Marina and the Diamonds, Lily Allen, Lorde, etc.  

(I also consider K-Pop girlbands (Twice, Blackpink, Girls Generation) and some international female artists for all the generations, international singing needs recognition too.)

(best generation for me is a tie of 1960's-1997 and 1998-2011) 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

alextruper17

1998- 2006: Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Shania Twain, Madonna, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Leona Lewis, Ciara, Brandy, Kelly Clarkson, Shakira,Rihanna, Fergie, Destiny's Child and Beyon

this was everything to me. Where's Nelly Furtado?

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Saint Hollywood

Where's Mariah Carey... and Whitney Houston... and Celine Dion?

IUGNJgg.gif

PunkTheFunk
11 minutes ago, Miss Gaga said:

1960's-1997- Cher, Madonna, Paula Abdul, Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Ella Fitzgerald, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Annie Lennox,Spice Girls,Donna Summer and Björk. 

Ella Fitzgerald and the Spice Girls in one category :cryga:

Curunir
13 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Where's Mariah Carey... and Whitney Houston... and Celine Dion?

11 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

where is adele tho :usrs:

10 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Where's Janet Jackson?

OP left out these legends but didn't forget to put Katy Perry and Taylor Swift there :sharon:

Spoiler

GGD in a nutshell :poot:

Boyboi12

Plz change the title to pop singers :gaysia:  you haven't listed a lot of the best actual female vocalist of those era :emma:

Boyboi12

Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, Janis joplin, Aretha, the supremes, Etta James :nails: you missed so many 

migamiga

Everyone knows it's the 90s- Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Toni, etc

the fact that all these powerhouse vocalists were at their peak in the same decade was mind boggling

EDIT: Oh are we not judging based on vocals? :poot:

Red Velvet
18 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, Janis joplin, Aretha, the supremes, Etta James :nails: you missed so many 

8 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Everyone knows it's the 90s- Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Toni, etc

the fact that all these powerhouse vocalists were at their peak in the same decade was mind boggling

EDIT: Oh are we not judging based on vocals? :poot:

33 minutes ago, Curunir said:

OP left out these legends but didn't forget to put Katy Perry and Taylor Swift there :sharon:

Reveal hidden contents

GGD in a nutshell :poot:

47 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Where's Janet Jackson?

IUGNJgg.gif

... *explodes* (calm voice) Delete your account and this cult...

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Red Velvet
20 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

You blind, I put Aretha the first time.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Boyboi12
On 5/29/2017 at 11:04 PM, Miss Gaga said:

You blind, I put Aretha the first time.

Girl I must have over looked :sweat:

Archived