Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

why wasn't gaga nominated for best new artist?

merlot

Featured Posts

merlot

Why do you think gaga wasn't nominated for best new artist in 2009? :oprah:

do u think she was snubbed?

and do u think she would've beaten Adele? :gum:

RonnieGagz

I don't know why. The only thing I know is that Cupcakke will snatch this one in 2018 jj3.png

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

weed

I think there was some rule preventing it or something which they changed after snubbing Gaga lol

merlot
2 minutes ago, RonnieGagz said:

I don't know why. They only thing I know is that Cupcakke will snatch this one in 2018 jj3.png

tumblr_me2lycx72Z1rd7ha4o1_400.gif

merlot
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

I think there was some rule preventing it or something which they changed after snubbing Gaga lol

what rule is that :duck:

Caesium

She was already nominated for Best Dance Recording for Just Dance in 2009 and so couldn't be nominated in 2010 for BNA, but the rules have actually changed since then because of her snub, allowing people to have a couple songs or even albums out before they can be nominated (see Meghan Trainor, Ed Sheeran etc.)

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

PMKKARDASHiAN

Wait I thought she was :gum:

If I remember correctly there was like this weird rule that prevented her from being nominated one year but she was nominated the next but it wasn't considered debut?

Is that wrong?

Is my alzheimers setting in??? 

Anderson123

She had been nominated for Best Dance Recording for Just Dance the year before that, so technically she wasn't a New Artist but they changed the rules later because of that. 

Now that I think about it, it's amazing that she even got nominated that time for her DEBUT single before she even went big.

androiduser

In 2010, Lady Gaga's exclusion from the Best New Artist category caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony. She was ineligible for the nomination because her hit "Just Dance" had been nominated in 2008. The new rule stated that an artist can be nominated as long as that artist has not previously released an entire album and has subsequently not won a Grammy.[11][12] In June 2016, the Grammy organisation amended the Best New Artist rules once again, to remove the album barrier “given current trends in how new music and developing artists are released and promoted”.[13] To be eligible in the category of Best New Artist, the artist, duo, or group:

Must have released a minimum of five singles/tracks or one album, but no more than 30 singles/tracks or three albums.

May not have entered into this category more than three times, including as a performing member of an established group.

Must have achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacted the musical landscape during the eligibility period.

Sakrai

Gaga was created by the Illuminati out of a genetically modified clone of Lina Morgana. She wasn't exactly 'new' to the industry  :giggle:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

androiduser

although, to me it makes sense... if someone was successful enough one year to be nominated for an award, they're not really a new artist the following year

Trepadation

I thought this was going to be about this year's new artist :emma:

BeautyisaLie

Cause she's been an artist since she was 4  :trollga:

It's dark but just a game

n0ne

It doesn't really make sense. They say she couldn't be nominated because just dance was nominated the year before. But why couldn't they just have nominated her for best new artist the same year just dance was originally nominated? :oprah:

Just seems rigged to me :madge:

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Archived