Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm Gonna Say It...

slayo

Featured Posts

slayo

Something about Gaga's makeup/hair/outfits for A Star Is Born just seem... rough? Unfinished? Does anyone else think this? I guess it's mainly just a character choice or that more makeup will be done in editing, or maybe it's just the candid shots we've been getting.

EDIT: I know that this is a character, Ally, we're talking about. Ally's looks are not cohesive and seem rushed. That's what I was trying to point out, but, like some of you have said, I'm sure it will all read well on film.

Make it stupid!

GypsyBabe

Well the story itself isn't really a happy one. There is a lot of sorrow and such. Plus there is supposed to be a huge transformation! So I can understand her looking the way she does for the role. I kind of like her makeupless innocent kind of look tbh. 

⚯͛

dit

I think we did not see her glamorous looks for when her character becomes a big popstar. She probably would remove that make up the minute the shot is filmed. That's why all we saw was Stefani "au natural" this whole time.

migamiga

That's cause the real gaga died and was replaced by a girl named stefani

Reality

She's playing a role though; she doesn't have to be this glam popstar all of the time. She's an actress, and the makeup/hair/costumes/etc. should reflect that. Yeah, it's not the most glamorous thing, but that's because it's not suppose to be.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

KyliesChild

I don't even see the vibe they are going for with the wardrobe. One day she's the girl next door and suddenly she evokes lust. It does seem a little rushed to me, however there will be some incredible wardrobe in the scenes in which there wasn't any candid of.

Saint Hollywood

She doesn't play herself in the movie, you know :laughga:

Of course the looks will be more toned down :tony:

shame

it's all about the camera angles and lighting sis. I'm sure it all comes together on film. :happy:

angels forever, forever angels

slayo
4 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

She doesn't play herself in the movie, you know :laughga:

Of course the looks will be more toned down :tony:

That's not what I was talking about though. I know she's toned down, I wasn't expecting extravagant outfits

Make it stupid!

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, Saint Hollywood said:

She doesn't play herself in the movie, you know

Of course the looks will be more toned down 

8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

She's playing a role though; she doesn't have to be this glam popstar all of the time. She's an actress, and the makeup/hair/costumes/etc. should reflect that. Yeah, it's not the most glamorous thing, but that's because it's not suppose to be.

I think fans who have been following the Joanne era are used to the more “toned down" looks so that's not the case. The candids of her on the set look needs to be a little more polished but I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for. There isn't any cohesiveness but that should be expected because the movie is about the character's “big break". 

Saint Hollywood
1 minute ago, slayo said:

That's not what I was talking about though. I know she's toned down, I wasn't expecting extravagant outfits

It'll all come together once the movie is completed, trust me. :firega:

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, slayo said:

Some looks seem a little bit like costumes in my opinion. 

Archived