💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Jakatta - American Dream

Dave Lee is usually resurrecting disco music under the name Joey Negro. But here - as Jakata - he's doing something really clever with the theme from American Beauty to create a sleek, elegant and seductive little house number.

You bring new meaning to the word delicious.

You're putting me in...overdrive!

Edited by Luxe Ford
What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Lords of Acid - The Crablouse

"I wanna talk to you about forbidden pleasures of the flesh
The most thrilling satisfaction for all mankind
Better than everything you ever imagined in your wildest dreams
The secret of the CRABLOUSE!"

Luxe Ford

Paul Rutherford - Get Real (happy house mix)

When I watched this for the first time I though Paul was fat and old. :toofunny: And I obviously wasn't not down with the hankie code. Left back pocket = bottom, red = uh...well.

Are you happy? Are you high?

It's funny how these old tracks (1988) sound so dated production-wise, but how the acid 303 bassline remains wrinkle free. The 303 is still used today (Stache, for instance) and cannot really be dublicated with othet generators than the Roland TB-303.

Luxe Ford

Axel Bauer - Cargo de Nuit

A sad reminder that beauty doesn't last. In this 1983 video Axel looks cute enough to eat! 

Then I did the mistake of googling what he looks like today...

The waste of it all!

Luxe Ford

Phantasia - Inner Light

I can understand that Vikkie Van Lierop (Jade 4U), being a proper singer, never really liked to talk-sing nonsensical lyrics about "the universe and crap like that" on every song she was hired on and retired from the techno/trance scene feeling like a "cheap hoe" selling herself short.

Because the lyrics here make me cringe so bad!
By the time she - voice trembling - yelps "AFLOAT IN HEAVEN" as in the throes of an orgasm, I want to hide in enbarrassment.

Quite gorgeous, though!

R-1978996-1256381508.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Therese - Time (Stonebridge Mix)

Stonebridge comes from the same DJ collective as Max Martin and I grew up dancing to his DJ sets. 

"Time" is a brilliant house track with a bassline that feels so, so good to dance to and sends all EDM acts to reform school.

Luxe Ford

Felix da Housecat/The Fabulous Wonder Twins/Macauley Culkin/Seth Green/Chloë Sevigny - Money, Success, Fame, Glamour!

Self-congratulatory remark: the real life persons portrayed by Culkin and Green in "Party Monster" regularly likes my tweets. And I don't even talk about them!

That's about as much success, fame and glamour I will achieve in life.

Sad, really...can I go weep in a corner now?

Luxe Ford

"Addressing human injustice with a message of hope and love, Boy George rejuvenates his career thanks to a beautiful melody and a superb singing performance."

Best thing he ever did.

Luxe Ford

Propaganda - Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse

As complex, eerie and mysterious as the character in the famous Fritz Lang silent movie from 1933: a seemingly immortal shapeshifter who deals with human souls and destinies. It did not to subtly allude to Adolf Hitler

Dr. Mabuse is a German synthpop group Propaganda's debut single from 1984. They caused an ourtage performing it on a German family-focused TV show. You just didn't speak openly about the country's Nazi heritage.

The Trevor Horn-produced song is amazingly multi-faceted and hi-tech for it's time, and I can hear new things in it even after many, many listenings.

It's too large to be called pop, but it did chart in the UK and still have it's afficinado (ahem!) admirers.

Propaganda-Dr-Mabuse-Blitz-Feb-84.jpg?15

A monumental, symphonic masterpiece.

Mabuse...why does it hurt when my heart misses a beat?

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Act - Snobbery & Decay

CHAMPAGNE DREAMS AND CAVIAR WISHES

Very expensive production. Who brings a whole string section into the studio these days? Almost prophetic, this 1987 song deals with the idea that the "future aristocracy" will be pop- and moviestars, leading their lives in magazines and on TV.

Act was very, very pretentious and you couldn't really believe what they said in interviews. They claimed they weren't intellectual, yet everything about them seemed calculated and overthought. After all - when you're called Act it just makes sense to put on a good show.

Claudia-Brucken-ZTT-Propaganda-ACT-Signe

You got yours, I got mine

Obsession...

Just like Calvin Klein

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

The Associates - Breakfast

No other male voice touches me like Billy Mackenzie's. With a vocal range spanning four and a half octaves his voice was just too big for pop.

Someone said the first time you hear him you either want to claw you ears off or instantly fall in love with it.

I can understand those piercing high notes can be hard to take but I'm in the instant love camp.

Unfortunately I didn't discover him until long after he ended his life for more than a decade ago.

Luxe Ford

Full Intention ☆ I 💖 AMERICA

I have wonderful memories dancing so hard to this I stopped ogling Dave Morales very, very buff, swarthy body squeezed into a tight tank.

And he mixed it in and out for most of the night. So I had to prioritize!

A perfect remedy when my love for America is at hazard.

I 💖🏠🎶   💃