Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

May I iintroduce you to one of Lady Gagas unknown inspirations, the infamous Leila K, with a personality so messy you'd suspect Azealia Banks spent her adult life in reform school in comparison.

When Leila was inducted into the Swedish Music Hall of Fame she didn't show up to receive the prize. She's been in forensic confinement (a.k.a." place to keep deranged criminals from harming herself or others" for the last two years.

Starts with her mention.

trainspotter alert: there's definitly quite a bit of leilla k in the verses of judas.

For a Eurodance diva Leila isn't a very good dancer so they decided to put her on a throne. 

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to The Pleasuredome

"In song and in dance
I express myself as a member of a higher community.
I have forgotten how to walk and speak
I am on the way toward flying into the air, dancing.
My very gestures express enchantment
I feel myself a God!
Supernatural sounds emanate from me.
I walk about enchanted, in ecstasy, like the gods I saw walking in my dreams.
I am no longer an artist. I have become a WORK OF ART!

Welcome to the pleasure dome…"

I love everything about this: the pretentious intro, the lush, expensive over-production by Trevor Horn, the lyrics ("Using my power, I sell it by the hour. I have it so I market it. You really can't afford it") and the unlikely combo of two gay guys with a penchant for leather and latex plus three beer swigging straight lads.

It's hard to imagine how subversive and positivly dangerous FGTH was in Thatcher's England in 1983 when their debut single Relax, with lyrics about ejaculation and sodomy, was released, banned everywhere, and promptly broke sales records all over the world. I didn't experience them until later on when I found them intriguing, but at the same time scaring the crap out of me. I realised they were about things only the most advanced adults dealt with. And many years later that I explored these uncharted terrotories myself. 

FGTH-Relax-ad-The-Face-1183.jpg

[talking too much; blaming the meds]

FGTH-Relax-ad-Smash-Hits-Oct-27-Nov-9-83

Take it all indeed!

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Watching Xtinas burlesquing above made me think of Goldfrapps own brand of slightly more risque showeomanship with tittie tassels, strap-on tails and antlers (she used to call us fans deers).

Alison Goldfrapp famously turned down a Madonna collab, because she thought she'd look ridiculous next to her.

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Kylie Minogue - Dancing

I agree with this simple, yet glamorous soul: when I go out I wanna go dancing. But people rarely do now, because when they'not are occupied with keeping abreast of what happens *elsewhere* they're araid to leave their table because they have spent half their paycheck on the wettest blanket of them all, bottle service.

And they're missing out. When dancing feels right it beats sex. If you need alcohol, swipe some hand santizer from the ladies room (even if you don't qualify. Its much nicer there than ogling the urinal cakes in the guys.

About dancing, you don't have to look cool. There was this saying when house music and raves changed the scene, that sums it up:

The more you sweat, the cooler you get.

Luxe Ford

Elastic Reality - Casa de X (Deep Dish does X)

House track from 1995 that feels less like a rave and more like a cocktail party in a loft in Manhattan, watching the shimmering night outside the panoramic windows, surges of warmth and light and compassion shooting up your spine...

If this was made today it'd be named Chèz Molly by Dried-Up Rubber Band and you'd be outside in the cold, grinding your teeth.

GoldenPonyboy
9 hours ago, Luxe Ford said:

Kylie Minogue - Dancing

I agree with this simple, yet glamorous soul: when I go out I wanna go dancing. But people rarely do now, because when they'not are occupied with keeping abreast of what happens *elsewhere* they're araid to leave their table because they have spent half their paycheck on the wettest blanket of them all, bottle service.

And they're missing out. When dancing feels right it beats sex. If you need alcohol, swipe some hand santizer from the ladies room (even if you don't qualify. Its much nicer there than ogling the urinal cakes in the guys.

About dancing, you don't have to look cool. There was this saying when house music and raves changed the scene, that sums it up:

The more you sweat, the cooler you get.

I freaking love that song. Puts me right in a good mood. 

I do interpret it a bit different. When she sings ''when I go out I wanna go out dancing'' I think of it as her saying ''I will die doing the things I love, singing, dancing and happy''. I dunno I kinda see this song as her leaving a legacy of great songs that make people dance and be happy 

• Like 2