💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why can't i stan another pop star - besides Gaga?

LustForLife

Featured Posts

The Child
1 hour ago, BehindTheAura said:

when you get older you start to realise artists are effectively just a business and they need to sell their product. ofcourse they tell us they love us, we need to be invested in their image to buy their albums & tour tickets.

I think that's a pretty unhealthy thing when it's too extreme.

I know people who stan some pop singer WAY too much (I used to be like this with Gaga so I know what I'm talking about) and I wish Gaga would have done something to prevent this, I know she's not perfect and she can't do everything we ask her to but stanning as everything else in life can become bad when it's too extreme.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Why is this a problem though? Gaga is the only pop star I stan and I'm fine with it. You shouldn't have to force yourself to stan an artist. 

LordEnigma

I mean you don't have to stab anyone.

i really don't follow anyone as much as Gaga but I have many other artists that I follow.

it doesn't really matter lol

juju

Because when you stan for the best, it's hard to stan the rest :pray: 

❤ x ❤

babs

There's a quality to Gaga you will hardly see in any other current popstars. Her sense of art is genuine and it's about more than just living from era to era and snatching #1s. There is authenticity and masterfulness in her craft. And we see that.

androiduser

no reason to limit yourself or deny yourself the experience of enjoying someone else or getting to know somebody else's music

XXXXX

I hated her and then suddenly TIHTY came out.

BUT I secretly ****in adored her music. Bad Romance, Poker Face, Applause.... I couldn't help but watch these videos over and over again....

Smother Em Eh

OMFG YES! I as well have tried to force myself to like a lot of other artists and just couldn't. I don't stan anyone as much as I do of Gaga except P!nk and Bon Jovi. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

sipthistea

Same here.

I've tried to become a fan of other artists, but it's not the same. There's something very special about Gaga that I love. Idk, she's an inspiration in many ways. 

Emigrante
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

BUT I secretly ****in adored her music. Bad Romance, Poker Face, Applause.... I couldn't help but watch these videos over and over again....

are you a fan since Til It Happens To You? That's really nice. :DD 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

John Slayne

because let's be honest, most of the pop stars are manufactured puppets with no personality and/or boring, unimaginative music... I'm not saying the music is bad and you shouldn't like it, I just can't imagine anyone stanning it really... 

only pop stars I really stan are Madonna, Gaga, and MJ (to an extent)

juju
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

I guess better late than never but damn.... :awkney: 

❤ x ❤

God Control

People don't just decide to "unstan". It's not like quitting smoking or anything. People love singers for different reasons, some for their videos, others for their looks, body or personality, others for their voice and music and others for their contributions to the world..etc. and even those who like a singer for his/her work, they usually admire different works. I might have loved Gaga for Alejandro, while someone else might have loved her for Poker Face or Born This Way or even Joanne.

You asked why can't I love another pop star like Gaga? it's because you either haven't yet encountered an artist who presented something that clicked with you as much as Gaga did, or you're "stanning" to her the most because a lot of elements about her touched you that even if she does something below her standards now, you still feel some sort of loyalty to her that still puts her above others.

As for "unstanning", it happens to some people when they realize that the singer they're dedicated to so much is no longer giving them any reason to like them anymore. A lot of artists change a lot and a lot of fans love certain looks, styles or personas that a singer can present and at some point, they switch to something completely different, and this is how they start to feel alienated. For example, imagine Lady Gaga suddenly starts presenting music in the style of Jewels N' Drugs, for 3-4 consecutive albums. I'm sure a lot of people who did not like that style or at least did not like Gaga for that style will feel like they're no longer getting the entertainment value, the excitement and the impact that the previous styles had on them. They often try to wait for few more albums, but if it continues, they'll feel like the artists they came to love and adore so much and "stan" for has only been a phase which has ended several years back.

Shipper

Gaga's CDs and MUSIC are the ONLY music I ever bought in my life.  :stalkga:

I dont care about the others.

Im not a person who likes to follow celebrities or artists so it was a surprise to me when I discovered I liked Gaga. Of course I heard her music at first and it was ok because she was basically inescapable during 2008-2009.

A few years passed by and then I saw her perform on TV and realized she sang live so well.  And then I saw that acoustic piano version of Paparazzi in youtube and down the rabbit hole I went and i never want to climb back out. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived