💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Pop or Not?

Reality

Pop or Not?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Gaga's going to return to her "pop roots" or venture off into other genres (i.e. Joanne)?

• Pop
    • Other genres (i.e. Joanne)

Featured Posts

Reality

With the release of Joanne, and even before that with Cheek to Cheek and now with her acting career, Gaga's definitely branched out into other things besides just straight-up pop music.

So, with this in mind, do you think that Gaga it's realistic for Gaga to go back to her "pop roots" or do you think she'll branch out and perhaps go indepth with more genres (i.e. Joanne)?

Note: This isn't "Do you want Gaga to be "pop" or move on to other things?", nor is this "Is Gaga better with pop than rock/country/folk/etc.?" It's simply a question of which do you think is more realistic to happen.

EDIT - Also, before anyone comments, because I know it will happen, I'm not saying that Joanne isn't pop. It still is, but there are obviously big hints at rock, funk, folk, country, and other genres. When I mean "pop", I'm the ""pure pop"" sound.

🖤👹

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

I think she'll do pop music but it'll be more RnB influenced imo

Squeeshy Keety

All of the above tbh

I think she'll hop in the studio, and whatever inspires her at the time (Joanne era was the loss of her aunt, which she then focused her vision onto for a whole album) will be what she creates. I doubt even she knows, which makes it all the more exciting :yay:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Bio

What do you people mean when you say she needs to go back to pop? Do you mean she needs to go back to electronic music? Because Joanne is pop music, it's just not electronic.

monketsharona

Joanne is pop (even if we can't deny it is very influenced by indie music, a lot of indie artists worked on it).

But yeah I think she'll be back at the pop mainstream, maybe with more House / RnB influences on next record. 

DelusionalGaga

Yes, but what is '' pure pop''?  Doesn't pop mean whatever music that is popular at the time? If so, then she probably won't return to it. If pop means killer hooks and catchy choruses then I have to say that's what Gaga has been doing the whole time

Panchecco

I think that from The Fame to ARTPOP even if it can still be considered pop at its core, her sound changed every year with every album. Yes, she kept some "Gaga elements" but she definitely tried something (even slightly) different with every record she put out and her vocal technique improved so much proving she can sing whatever she wants to sing

I loved C2C and Joanne (and all of the covers/tributes she performed inbetween) so much exactly because she separated herself from most of the "Gaga elements" that made her famous and I think she really doesn't like to be put in a box 

so I think it's actually very likely that the next project will either be a re-interpretation of a genre she just started exploring (like Country or even Jazz - I feel she just scratched the surface and she has the potential to become one of the biggest Jazz interpreter) or something completing new and unexpected 

MaryJaneHolland

It better be a pop record with a ton of disco/house influences

dYhS2RO.gif

Reality
5 minutes ago, Bio said:

What do you people mean when you say she needs to go back to pop? Do you mean she needs to go back to electronic music? Because Joanne is pop music, it's just not electronic.

2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Joanne is pop (even if we can't deny it is very influenced by indie music, a lot of indie artists worked on it).

But yeah I think she'll be back at the pop mainstream, maybe with more House / RnB influences on next record. 

I know Joanne is pop, and I even prefaced that in the OP.

"Pop" meaning something like The Fame/The Fame Monster or The Cure.

🖤👹

Reality
2 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Yes, but what is '' pure pop''?  Doesn't pop mean whatever music that is popular at the time? If so, then she probably won't return to it. If pop means killer hooks and catchy choruses then I have to say that's what Gaga has been doing the whole time

"Pure pop" ala The Cure or something like The Fame/The Fame Monster. 

🖤👹

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, M Monstre said:

I know Joanne is pop, and I even prefaced that in the OP.

"Pop" meaning something like The Fame/The Fame Monster or The Cure.

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

"Pure pop" ala The Cure or something like The Fame/The Fame Monster. 

TC and TFM are not the same type of pop :sweat:

That's exactly what I came back to say. If it's pop then it better be like first three albums (maybe 4), not like TC. :sweat:

Reality
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

TC and TFM are not the same type of pop :sweat:

That's exactly what I came back to say. If it's pop then it better be like first three albums (maybe 4), not like TC. :sweat:

I know they're not the same type of pop, because music's obviously evolved. But for their times, they were both pop songs/albums. Does that make sense? Sorry if it's a bit confusing. 

🖤👹

Supersonic

Reminder: Jazz is what pop music used to be. Hence why it's called "Traditional Pop" by the Grammys. Technically she has never left pop music. :chica:

Archived