đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga's makeup in TFM era

FentyGa

Featured Posts

gagzus

Her makeup in the entire era on tour etc was heavy to start off with because of the reference to old horror movies that included a lot of sex and death that inspired the album. Her makeup for TMB 1.0 for example was made to look like a 1970s p*rn actress 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BornAsUnic0rn

1) I HATE IT when people ignore the reference point an artist has.

2) I HATE IT when people forget that Gaga 2009-2010 was basically a drag queen.

3) On topic: She obv didn't want to look like a sex godess on fleek bronzed for the gawds yass mama look at that perfectly cut crease omg wow that highlighter is everything effortles aka tons of makeup glam. And technically the makeup was well done. It wasn't ment to look attractive, it was ment as a statement look full of references pointed out by others in this thread. Her face was used as a canvas to paint on a character.

And her black brows inspire me to this day. 

BornAsUnic0rn
9 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Her makeup in the entire era on tour etc was heavy to start off with because of the reference to old horror movies that included a lot of sex and death that inspired the album. Her makeup for TMB 1.0 for example was made to look like a 1970s p*rn actress 

She was a drag queen playing characters from 09 to 11 basically, it was later when she started to humanize LadyGaga. And people tend to forget that. Which is kind of sad.

Killa

Ahhhh dear lord gaga should have kept her word and never go pretty cause this fans dont really get it

FentyGa
3 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

1) I HATE IT when people ignore the reference point an artist has.

2) I HATE IT when people forget that Gaga 2009-2010 was basically a drag queen.

3) On topic: She obv didn't want to look like a sex godess on fleek bronzed for the gawds yass mama look at that perfectly cut crease omg wow that highlighter is everything effortles aka tons of makeup glam. And technically the makeup was well done. It wasn't ment to look attractive, it was ment as a statement look full of references pointed out by others in this thread. Her face was used as a canvas to paint on a character.

And her black brows inspire me to this day. 

2 hours ago, Killa said:

Ahhhh dear lord gaga should have kept her word and never go pretty cause this fans dont really get it

I get that she's meant to look like a drag queen, I just don't personally understand the choice.

Archived