music news

Fergie leaves Interscope

Noah

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

That's interesting. People kept blaming Interscope for Double Dutchess not being out, but after Interscope let Gaga release Joanne right after Perfect Illusion bombed on radio, and letting Gwen release off the back of a (very) moderate hit, I always felt like the delay was a Fergie problem rather than an Interscope one. I wonder what exactly happened here.

4 hours ago, AURA said:

also, investing a lot of money to her hasn't shown up much lately. Like, the promo during the Joanne era and the budget for looked cheap

What? There label heads took it upon themselves to get Gaga the Superbowl Halftime Show - the most expensive, high profile promo there is. They are currently financing and promoting what is basically a buzz single. They could not be anymore supportive. 

fede ARTPOP

Good for Interscope. who actually buy a Fergie album? 

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

fede ARTPOP
3 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

She's just tweeted this;

those numbers explain it :toofunny:

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

Easy
1 hour ago, freebit said:

That's interesting. People kept blaming Interscope for Double Dutchess not being out, but after Interscope let Gaga release Joanne right after Perfect Illusion bombed on radio, and letting Gwen release off the back of a (very) moderate hit, I always felt like the delay was a Fergie problem rather than an Interscope one. I wonder what exactly happened here.

What? There label heads took it upon themselves to get Gaga the Superbowl Halftime Show - the most expensive, high profile promo there is. They are currently financing and promoting what is basically a buzz single. They could not be anymore supportive. 

Gaga has a huge international fan base and had Super Bowl coming up. There isn't a problem for them to sell Joanne.

Gwen had The Voice, she is relevant to a lot of soccer moms. No way she would flop to the point that interscope lose money. Her relationship is also good for marketing her album.

Fergie hasn't been on BEP lately, she has no TV shows, she isn't THAT well known internationally. 

MsSwan

Sounds like the previous singles will either be scrapped as standalone singles or not be considered the lead by the wording.

babyboo
16 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

She's just tweeted this;

Wow... Interscope must've really held her back. Glad she leaves and hope she found a way to release it properly soon.

Perched for the bops:whitney:

freebit
22 hours ago, Easy said:

Gaga has a huge international fan base and had Super Bowl coming up. There isn't a problem for them to sell Joanne.

Gwen had The Voice, she is relevant to a lot of soccer moms. No way she would flop to the point that interscope lose money. Her relationship is also good for marketing her album.

Fergie hasn't been on BEP lately, she has no TV shows, she isn't THAT well known internationally. 

I wonder if they helped finance her videos. There were rumors of Double Dutchess being a visual album, so I wonder if they just decided to cut their losses? 

I still think they should have handled this like Gwen's release. Looking at their singles, they were about on par with each other, with LA Love in particular doing really well out of both of their respective pre-album singles. If they delayed her album because they weren't satisfied with her sales they clearly were not being realistic in their expectations. 

Interesting point about Gwen there. I noticed that in a recent Billboard interview John Janick and the vice-president of Interscope took the the time to include Gaga's acting gigs when talking about her recent success. I never really thought these label guys cared about their artists other ventures before reading that, but it does make sense if they're taking viability into the equation when thinking about how an album is going to do (though I really don't think there's much correlation).

Archived