opinion

Opinion of Joanne

LaBlue

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electric Phire

I like it, but I haven't listened to it a lot recently. It is good musically and I will listen to the songs if they come on, but I'm not grasped in the way I was with her other albums to go back and keep listening. Like, I still listen to The Fame and it is almost ten years old. I can't see myself doing that with Joanne.

Tom Nook
3 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

The album is okay. The era was awful tho

Wdym :oprah: Joanne world tour hasn't started yet and the girl gave us Super Bowl, Victoria Seceret fashion show, and Coachella. 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FreeAsMyHair13
1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I feel like there was a wrong choice of singles. Songs that should've been plan B became singles, while songs which had the potential to be hits (JW, DIC, AYO) were paid dust. A-Yo would've been a perfect lead single. It captures the country thing she was going for the era and it's such an earworm.

Ugh, this. So much. 

djBuffoon

Loved it from first listen. The emotions of the songwriting and intricacies of the production have only gotten more enjoyable with time. Like with any album, there are a couple of songs I don't listen to much any longer (namely "Angel Down" and "Hey Girl") but I think this is Gaga's first album where every single song is worthy of her name.

Her second best after Born This Way.

1 hour ago, lilmonster93 said:

It's a great album and I love it but it hasn't inclined me to relisten it and be obsessed with it as much as Gaga's other albums.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

I like it, but I haven't listened to it a lot recently. It is good musically and I will listen to the songs if they come on, but I'm not grasped in the way I was with her other albums to go back and keep listening. Like, I still listen to The Fame and it is almost ten years old. I can't see myself doing that with Joanne.

These pretty much sum up my feelings about Joanne. I think it's good quality songwriting, very good production, a nice change of style for Gaga and I appreciate what she wanted to do with it, I guess.

But overall it just doesn't speak to me, doesn't grip me in the same way as her previous albums do. I guess for  me it's just too "down-to-earth" somehow, it lacks that larger-than-life fabulous fantasy feel that her previous works had while still delivering meaningful, thought-provoking lyrics.

But I'm excited to see what she'll do next. I'd rather see her keep taking risks and try out new things, like she did with Joanne, rather than playing it safe and boring.

"You just gotta be committed to the hat!" - Lady Gaga

Gagadonna
8 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Why did you need? Weren't the SuperBowl, Carpool Karaoke, X Factor UK, American Music Awards, Gaga x Metallica, Victoria Secret's Show, Coachella, etc. enough? 

WildAmerican

Release: It's good and different 

Now: *bows down to Diamond Heart and Million Reasons as two of the best songs she's released* Tied for my favorite Gaga album.

DrewSens
13 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

The era was beautiful and really full of interest. Like @Gagadonna said, we had iconic performances on big shows.

SpookyKid

I loved it and I still do, my secong fav Gaga album behind BTW

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

35 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Sinner's Prayer isn't really my cup of tea. I would have loved if that had more folk than country influences, but I definitely agree with everything else, especially Come To Mama. That's such a good song!

I agree sinners prayer would have been better if it was the version she performed at the Dive bar, and yes come to mama is an underrated masterpiece just like Just Another Day

DrewSens
3 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

I agree sinners prayer would have been better if it was the version she performed at the Dive bar, and yes come to mama is an underrated masterpiece just like Just Another Day

It sounded way much darker at the DB Tour, really cannot understand why the album track wasn't that good

2 minutes ago, DrewSens said:

It sounded way much darker at the DB Tour, really cannot understand why the album track wasn't that good

Yes I love the Dive Bar Tour Version so much the intro was just her voice and the guitar but as soon as that sencond verse hit and the instrumental came through :diane: it was perfect 

Archived