Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Opinion of Joanne

LaBlue

Featured Posts

Torsoface

First: I thought it's her second best album

Now: It's her worst

I would trade half of Joanne songs for any TFM/BTW/AP outtake tbh. The only songs I listen are Million Reasons (Andrelli Remix), John Wayne and Dancin' in Circles, occasionally Angel Down (Worktape). 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z

Angel Down: Once again, I first hated it. I hate when you almost can't hear the melody of the verses... In this song and album we got the vocals that everybody hated from Dope. But now I love the song. The outro is so dark I got nightmares during a whole week after hearing the song

The Z

Grigio Girls: Such a good melody, good lyrics and good production, but man, the vocals destroy everything. I still love the song (and I always did) but it would have been so much better with a "better" singing. That's what what I think concerning 90% of the songs from the album though

androiduser

my opinion has stayed the same, I love it and think it's a good album, and  great progress for Gaga musically.

The only difference is I disliked Million Reasons at first, but now it's one of my favorite Gaga songs.

TheBatman

Didn't like it at first because PI was a let down song and video for me, and the first dive bar show performance of the songs didn't do it for me. But eventually I really fell in love with: Diamond Heart   ( such a great song with such a relatable message. There is an aspect of Tori Amos in this song for me?) A-Yo, especially the horns and just the whole general vibe, Joanna song is beautiful and lovely, John Wayne I usually skip but I ADORE the video, and it made me like the song a bit more though I still find it weak and wish it had been re-worked. Hate DIC still, sorry. PI has become an anthem for me, I never skip it now, I actually love it haha. Million Reasons is nothing special to me, but I don't always skip it. Sinner's Prayer is amazing, freaking love that one. The rest are meh to me. 

JesseBabe

When I first heard the album I was disappointed. I found myself going back and listening to her pre-Joanne stuff more than I was actually listening to the new album. I did eventually give it a chance and enjoyed it, but I rarely listen to it at all now. The only song I listen to is DIC, and that's when it comes on shuffle when I'm pre-gamming to go out. 

It was never really my taste, musically, visually, and aesthetic wise this era. I did give it a chance and I don't regret it, but it's just not my style. shrug.gif

30 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Oh my God, the second half of Joanne is so underrated :giveup:

Yesss it has the less pop sounding songs but they are so good, PI, Sinners Prayer, Come To Mama, MR, Angel Down, and Just Another Day are the best on the album :tony:

EdgeofTeeth

The album was extremely jarring on first listen to me and I thought I was gonna dislike it forever, but now I appreciate it for what it is. I can't listen to it all the time, but it knocks hard and I enjoy it when I'm in the mood for it.

DrewSens

My favorite Gaga's album so far!  The whole music and message really touched me since the first listen. We see a different -as always- Gaga, opening her heart and writing more emotional music. Joanne and Grigio Girls made me cry, the lyrics are amazing. All songs have a unique style and the country influences really make the album stand out.

As for the era, it's something I'll always remember. From the surprise announcement of Perfect Illusion and the Super Bowl performance to the release of The Cure and Sonja's death. I really loved Dive Bar Tour and the artworks of the album and JWT are something we hadn't see from her so far. 

Well, that's all! I might sound like a fanboy, but this album has a special room in my heart

GypsyBabe

I've loved it since the beginning. It made me more than just a fan. 

And now I am here on GGD! :kara:

⚯͛

Reality
16 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Yesss it has the less pop sounding songs but they are so good, PI, Sinners Prayer, Come To Mama, MR, Angel Down, and Just Another Day are the best on the album :tony:

Sinner's Prayer isn't really my cup of tea. I would have loved if that had more folk than country influences, but I definitely agree with everything else, especially Come To Mama. That's such a good song!

🃏🖤👹

BabyTellMeYes

I find it ironic that it's such a great album that got forgotten by it's own artist especially with a song called Million Reasons not to quit and she just walks away from the album. Makes no sense to me and unfortunately makes for a less enjoyable listening experience.

Archived