Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Opinion of Joanne

LaBlue

Featured Posts

The Z

Perfect Illusion: I loooooooooved the teaser, but when I listened to the song I got sooooo disapointed. She really needed autotune for this one, it would have sounded better in my opinion. And this opinion didn't change even though it has grown a little bit on me

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

When I first heard it, I was in shock. I loved it, and it was definitely up there with Born This Way as my favorite album from her—and it still is. 

Now, I still truly love and appreciate the album. I love the direction she was going in, and I think her work with Ronson is pretty spectacular. Some songs were more difficult for me to digest though, like Sinner's Prayer. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it, and I'm still not the biggest fan of the song, but I definitely appreciate it. 

The only thing that I would have criticism on is I think it should have in fact been a bit more "folk". I'm listening to Harry Styles' new album for the first time right now, and I'm honestly in love with it. I'm loving the folk direction that he took it, and I think Joanne could have used more of that. 

I know it may be a controversial, but even though I love, love the pop elements of this album (I mean, PI is one of her best songs), I almost wish the album had more folk elements or more huge-band production elements, like Come To Mama.

🃏🖤👹

The Z

Million Reasons: I hated the title. But when I heard it I instantly loved it and wanted it to be a single (same for A-YO though). I still love it the same.

FreeAsMyHair13

Loved it when I first heard it, even though I thought it was a little bit all over the place sound/genre-wise.

I still feel like the songs after sinner's prayer belong on another album but I love them so it doesn't really bother me that it doesn't necessarily flow. 

It's her best album since BTW in my opinion. Come at me! :gaycat:

The Z

Sinner's Prayer: I always loved the studio version even though I first hated her live version at the DBT. That's I've been waiting for her to do for so long

Reality
1 minute ago, kevindjibouti said:

Perfect Illusion: I loooooooooved the teaser, but when I listened to the song I got sooooo disapointed. She really needed autotune for this one, it would have sounded better in my opinion. And this opinion didn't change even though it has grown a little bit on me

Really? That's an interesting take on it. I feel like the harshness and the rawness of her voice give it more character, both sonically and metaphorically. Sonically, we know she has a great voice and Perfect Illusion certainly pushes it to its limits, but I feel like that adds a certain quality and character to the song that would have been lost if she had autotune. Metaphorically speaking, the fact that it's so raspy and raw gives the song more energy and really conveys the message of anger and frustration that the song has. 

🃏🖤👹

MaryJaneHolland
3 minutes ago, Beyond said:

I asked about your opinion about it,not songs you listen from it.Please be detailed about your opinion.Thanks :)

Read between the lines :rip:

I listen to 5 out of 13 tracks. Doesn't that say enough? :air:

Well, honestly, it's a good, but her worst album, in my opinion. It feels really rushed to me and not cohesive. I listened to the whole album a week ago and God know when was the previous time :air: Maybe last year. I just can't sit through the whole thing. I like the first 6 tracks, but then it gets dull. Also, the visuals really affected my opinion on the album. The era was great tho. It brought her some big gigs and did quite decently on the charts.

I feel like there was a wrong choice of singles. Songs that should've been plan B became singles, while songs which had the potential to be hits (JW, DIC, AYO) were paid dust. A-Yo would've been a perfect lead single. It captures the country thing she was going for the era and it's such an earworm.

I'm not mad about it tho. One day, in like 20 years from now, when I'll look back on her catalog, I'll be glad she made an album different from her other ones. Analog, stripped back and country-rock inspired. 

:) 

The Z

Come To Mama: I hate that kind of sound so much, so I hated the song when I first heard it, but now I love it so much! I still hate the songs with these vibes though

Magneto

It definitely grew on me. At first I was mainly disappointed by the era (fashion, performances etc) which in turn affected my opinion about the music. The era surely took it's time, but thanks to some bigger events later in the era I started to appreciate the music more. For me a good video or performance can really change my perspective on a song and makes me enjoy it so much more.

Free my mind

The Z
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Really? That's an interesting take on it. I feel like the harshness and the rawness of her voice give it more character, both sonically and metaphorically. Sonically, we know she has a great voice and Perfect Illusion certainly pushes it to its limits, but I feel like that adds a certain quality and character to the song that would have been lost if she had autotune. Metaphorically speaking, the fact that it's so raspy and raw gives the song more energy and really conveys the message of anger and frustration that the song has. 

100% true, but it's a whole, for me. I would have loved it with an autotuned voice and some more electronic production. I just can't with the drums and the whole instrumental actually. I would have loved it so much more even though it couldn't have had these angry vibes this way. But it's just my opinion :)

Reality
1 minute ago, Chrastapher said:

Y'all paying dust to the last half of Joanne (which is the better half) :poot:

Oh my God, the second half of Joanne is so underrated :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

The Z

Hey Girl: I first hated it. I found it to slow and I hated (I still do) Florence's voice. For me it should have been better as a solo song, or maybe in collaboration with another artist. Anyway, I'm fond of this song now. It sounds so orgasmic!

Archived