💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which Gaga MV do you feel the most Emotionally Connected To?

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

derpmonster

It has to be Born This Way for me (helped me deal with my differentness and come out), with Marry The Night coming in a close second. Applause is cool and I feel captures a lot of things but I'm not emotionally connected to it as much.

The Fame/Monster era music videos are really cool but they're iconic pop videos, not emotional personality defining manifestos (yes, I had to do that).

Spoiler

My fav is actually The Cure lyric video pls and thanks 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vodka

Intuitively, I'd have to go with Applause. I feel like if my mind were photographed some frames, Applause would align itself the most similar. 

I think it just sort of stems from the fact that the video helps promote the concept of self worth more easily than her other videos, and bc of the chorus too. Like not for me to be boastful or anything in that sense, it's just I like how it celebrates the concept of knowing what you're worth.

We all know Gaga is real expressive and theatrical when it comes to sharing herself through her videos, and I love the brand of theatricality behind Applause. We're used to her celebrating what it is to be bold, but I like how introspective this video is, when it comes to portraying what it is to be triumphant with yourself. 

Some peeps could argue that MTN does the same thing, but I just love how much more cerebral Applause can be in reminding someone of their worth, whereas MTN does the same thing, in a more external sense. 

I guess it's also bc I like Applause's playful approach more when it comes to sizing up who it is you are.

-APPLAUSE-lady-gaga-35303966-500-287.gif

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

xoxoGeorge

Definitely I'm emotionally connected to The Cure and DWUW, my favorites from gaga's videography. 

:stalkga:

Marry The Night, my real fav :diane:

wahkeenasitka
58 minutes ago, Vodka said:

We all know Gaga is real expressive and theatrical when it comes to sharing herself through her videos, and I love the brand of theatricality behind Applause. We're used to her celebrating what it is to be bold, but I like how introspective this video is, when it comes to portraying what it is to be triumphant with yourself. 

Some peeps could argue that MTN does the same thing, but I just love how much more cerebral Applause can be in reminding someone of their worth, whereas MTN does the same thing, in a more external sense. 

-APPLAUSE-lady-gaga-35303966-500-287.gif

interesting analysis. thank you for sharing that!

Vodka
Just now, wahkeenasitka said:

interesting analysis. thank you for sharing that!

Oh heyo sure, np! 

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

MaryJaneHolland

Paparazzi

That was the first time I saw her and it was love at first sight :cryga:

duckworth

The Cure :reductive:

Oh wait.. there's no such thing. :cryga: Just kidding, it's definitely MTN.

Panchecco

I've always seen Telephone as the moment I realized I was obsessed with Gaga but probably Poker Face because it's the first time I ever saw or listened Gaga

Archived