💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Artists You Knew Before They Went Big

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

Which artists did you know existed before they went mainstream?

23.gif

I can think of a few:

Gaga: I'd heard the name 'Lady Ga Ga' as early as May/June 2008 and started to hear her on the radio that summer. 

lady-gaga-z100-blackberry-all-access-lou

Adele: I remember having "Chasing Pavements" and "Hometown Glory" on my mp3 player in 2008, back when Adole was an indie act and "Hello" was a song by Lionel Richie

CSCQ6kFWsAAziOq.jpg

Selena Gomez: From this 2006 episode of The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, which aired a few months before Justin Bieber was born.

c68856964de3decf3d1be31defa98992.jpg

Madonna: In my previous life I was a waitress at the Café Reductif in New York City. In 1981 Madonna stopped by and ordered a tea bag served on a slice of whole grain bread.

MADONNA+HEADSHOT+AND+INFORMATION+SHEET.j

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagagoogoose
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Madonna: In my previous life I was a waitress at the Café Reductif in New York City.

:sharon:

What About Us

For me, it was Gaga, Adele and Demi Lovato. I first heard of Gagz back in 2007 when she was still underground. I first heard Adele in 2008 as well and I personally spoke with Demi on the phone back in 2008 too when she wasn't as big as she is now.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

Irrelevant
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Madonna: In my previous life I was a waitress at the Café Reductif in New York City. In 1981 Madonna stopped by and ordered a tea bag served on a slice of whole grain bread.

:air:

êŽ‘ì•ŒëĄœ 걞얎가 알아 ë„€ home ground

Sorcerer

Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez: Back when I was a kid, I was watching mini-Poot and Selena in the show of the most iconic bottom dinosaur called Barney.

demi-lovato-barney.jpg30FFF57C00000578-0-image-a-35_1454957845

junolxf

Lorde. I had a "indie" music blog and a lot of people began to talk about her. It was crazy how "Royals" blew up. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

badgirlmeat

Lorde. I heard Royals when nobody knew about it (yet)

Also Sia (kind of bc she was famous in Australia), I heard her music back in 2009

EDIT: Also Adele :poot:

đŸ€ 

Korok

I knew about Lana before BTD dropped. I remember listening to "axl rose husband". 

Bette Davis

Adele - I remember buying her first album in 2008 in some shitty Target after getting Hometown Glory as a free promotional single off of iTunes with one of those coupon things that they used to have at Starbucks. It's still my favorite Adele song :saira: It's too bad her last album was so boring and uninspired. I've lost interest.

Sia - I became a fan in 2008 after hearing Breathe Me. I remember seeing her CDs for sale in Starbucks and loving the cover of Some People Have Real Problems where she had drawn all over her face. I love her earlier indie music, but unfortunately her new music is annoying as hell to me. She sounds like Tommy Pickles now :madge:

Lady Gaga - I remember discovering her in fall 2008. She was sort of starting to happen and I was SOOOO here for it, but I didn't want to admit it, even to myself. I usually go through that cycle with new pop girls for some reason. I remember showing her to my friends trying to play it cool like "this music is stupid LOL but it's so catchy so I can't help it LOL let's just play it anyway LOL", but internally I was screaming "YAAAASSSS!!!2!+! POP WILL NEVA BE LOW BROW YAAAAASSS!!;#-#!"

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Irrelevant

For me it was Melanie Martinez, I listened to her before she went big :poot:

êŽ‘ì•ŒëĄœ 걞얎가 알아 ë„€ home ground

KURUSHITOVSKA

Being a GaGa fan before she went #1 with Just Dance and Poker Face was so cool. I also knew Sia before Titanium...

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

Joga
4 minutes ago, Relevant said:

Same

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

2020Covid19IsOurs

I know Haroon

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

badgirlmeat
8 minutes ago, Relevant said:

Me too, I loved Dollhouse when nobody knew about it, such a bop

0b8ac77a8ff35c252.gif

But she had been at The Voice already so I don't know if it counts :poot:

đŸ€ 

holy scheisse

Kesha like a handful of months b4 blowing (her speakers:lolly:) up