Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Stanning Unhealthy?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

I feel like living vicariously through a popstar is not healthy. It can be an emotional roller coaster, and in the words of Katy Perry "I can't get off this ride!" I don't know how to be a fan of someone in a healthy way and not let criticism towards them feel like an attack on me. Advice?

WildAmerican

If it consumes your life, and if it's the only thing you look forward to/think about during the day then yeah, it is. 

sarahb

Eh, some people live vicariously through their favourite sports teams. As long as you still have your own life and other interests you should be fine. 

River

The stan wars shows that it's not healthy..

I'm not a stan, I just like Gaga and like to hang up here because it's the most normal pop forum..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Taylor Z

The first thing to do is find some hobbies!

Ever rode a horse?

Grew a tomato plant?

If I lived in the city I'd so go to charity events and help out with a bunch of organizations, Like animals shelters. 

I was like that too, when I was younger. I was just escaping high school, and people I didn't really like. 

You're such a cool person, and I see you in a lot of threads too ❤

como estas

giskardsb

Stanning with the intent of supporting an artist, buying their albums, etc, is not necessarily bad and is helpful to artists, as long as it's not all consuming.

Stanning to the point of not being able to enjoy an artist because of obsession over chart or sales numbers, or engaging in arguments with other pop fans, or wishing death threats on twitter, or obsessing over an artist 24/7 and basically living your life through them, is not healthy.

People seem to forget that Eminems "Stan", where the term came from, is about a fan with a psychological obsession and is no-way a good thing.

The way out of obsession with a pop star is to start living your own life.  Find your own dreams and work towards them, build your own life, learn new skills, do your own art, and you will be too busy to be worried about defending a pop star on twitter or obsessing over the ups and downs of their career.  By all means enjoy the work of artists and even follow some of them closely, but don't let being a fan of that artist define your life.  You have  your own life to live.

tellemhone

If it's all you do then that's a problem.

:air: :air: :air:

Vodka

I honestly think it just depends on how intense and invested you are when it comes to following ur fave. Like just acknowledge to yourself that life still goes on separately from them and you should be fine. 

On another note, it's real difficult to just play the waiting game, even more so when one of ur faves is about to release an album, speculated dates for its release and just ahhhhh. 

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

GypsyBabe

I've always been a fangirl. Whether its been Gaga, Harry Potter, Buffy, The X-Files, Stevie Nicks, Game of Thrones. If I love it, then I have blogs about it, I draw about it, and I write about it. But you just cant let it consume you. I know when I am getting bad when I cant do a simple thing without checking my phone. Then I take a step back because I am a grown ass girl who is trying to get into grad school and have a life and stuff. Otherwise I would let it consume me and love every second of it.  :ladyhaha:

I'll tell you what is unhealthy. Twitter, twitter is really unhealthy. I'm in the northern part of my twenties, and I never got into twitter and didn't even have one until the past year or so. People are psycho on there. "Stan Twitter" is unhealthy. Everyone fighting and saying horrible things about each other and their "faves." Half the stats about artists aren't even correct. I kind of thought that the dragging was funny at first, now I am just mortified. I can't be the only one who feels this way? 

Spoiler

Or maybe I am just too elderly now, being over 25, and I just don't get it. :stalkga:

⚯͛

Archived