Queen Coco is back to slay

cWk2trC.jpg

the kittykats :giggle: 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
3 minutes ago, Entropy said:

ok. so? hurray for bragging rights, i guess?

That points to success. Omg read the thread, it's asking which album is more successful, and awards amount to success level.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Gagadonna

Joanne: more epic performances, more praise, more solid album, more organized promo, almost no mess. 

Arizona Sky
9 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

ARTPOP was more succesful by a small margin. Higher sales, and singles charted better WW.

Sales have declined by roughly 50% from November 2013 to October 2016. Joanne has sold 530k US; 1.3M WW in its first 7 months whereas ARTPOP has sold 765k US; 2.2M WW to date.

Clearly, if Joanne was released in 2013 it would've sold more.

darkchylde
Just now, Thomas P said:

That points to success. Omg read the thread, it's asking which album is more successful, and awards amount to success level.

ok but i was quoting someone talking about music quality

Dorothy Gale
Just now, BloodyMonster said:

Sales have declined by roughly 50% from November 2013 to October 2016. Joanne has sold 530k US; 1.3M WW in its first 7 months whereas ARTPOP has sold 765k US; 2.2M WW to date.

I thought AP sold 3.5M WW?

Arizona Sky
4 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I thought AP sold 3.5M WW?

Who told you that? Maybe with TEA/SEA

Andrea B

joanne spent more weeks on the billboard chart and i think it has more streams than ARTPOP

Thomas P
19 minutes ago, Entropy said:

ok but i was quoting someone talking about music quality

Oh than nvm cuz Grammys really don't amount to quality

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

RouboRoubo

ARTPOP embodied an energy that will make it a classic, and imho it is and will be more appreciated as time goes by.

(Not to say Joanne isn't a great album, just different states of mind and creation)

HOTNebraskaGuy

With ARTPOP, Gaga was basically only successful because of the hype of her returning after her hip breaking, and a few months after Applause no one seemed to care for her. 

But with Joanne, she literally had to work back from square 1 and build her way up, which is why I think Joanne deserves the title.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

RochestrMonstr

Joanne. 

ARTPOP continued the damaging spiral that had begun during latter half of the BTW era. Applause did well enough, but all the news surrounding the era seemed so negative. Although I love the ARTPOP era, some of it just felt painful to watch. 

Joanne era  (and the two years leading up to it) has been reconstructive. Even if she isnt the world's automatic #1 pop star anymore, her talent now has respect in the music world as a whole. 

Emigrante
2 hours ago, BloodyMonster said:

exactly, I don't get how people can compare those two things.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Miel

Joanne was, like, the final stage of really "cleaning" up her image to the public, after Cheek to Cheek and AHS. Not to say it wasn't genuine, but rather that it came at a good time.

It's so bizarre the commonality of acclaim of her, compared to 2013 (or even 2011). I mean, we've gotten that "I never knew she could sing behind the meat dress" bs now way more than ever.

I think she's finally respected not just as a pop star, but also as a musician in general.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived