💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Should Ditch Spotify/Streaming

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

I hate streaming with a burning passion and don't use it. Albums that have been blockbusters in recent years have been 25, 1989 and Lemonade. What do they have in common? They were taken off streaming. "But Gaga isn't as successful! It won't work for her Dorothy!!" While that may be, Björk is another artist who took her album Vulnicura off Spotify and it outsold Glory and Lotus. Pretty impressive for a niche act like Björk. Spotify needs to be dismantled, And Gaga should ditch it, her album sales and vevo views would get a nice boost. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johncayse
3 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I hate streaming with a burning passion and don't use it. Albums that have been blockbusters in recent years have been 25, 1989 and Lemonade. What do they have in common? They were taken off streaming. "But Gaga isn't as successful! It won't work for her Dorothy!!" While that may be, Björk is another artist who took her album Vulnicura off Spotify and it outsold Glory and Lotus. Pretty impressive for a niche act like Björk. Spotify needs to be dismantled, And Gaga should ditch it, her album sales and vevo views would get a nice boost. 

So your hate is with spotify, because taylor album was streamed on AM and Lemonade on Tidal

androiduser

don't think she would benefit from this... especially if it's done only because it's not a big platform for her, sounds petty

whether youhate it or not it's the future. fighting the future doesn't do an artist very well

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Jed said:

whether youhate it or not it's the future. fighting the future doesn't do an artist very well

Vinyl was the future, CDs were the future and digital sales were all the future. Streaming is just the present. 

You can't start an argument for Gaga ditching streaming with "I hate streaming..." 

FentyGa

Well a **** tonne of people use streaming, you may hate it with a passion, but so many people don't, so it's selfish of you to say that because you hate streaming, Gaga should stop it. 

1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Vinyl was the future, CDs were the future and digital sales were all the future. Streaming is just the present. 

new laptops cant play cds and record players are very expensive. itunes is also being phased out. so yeah thanks for reinforcing that she HAS to stick with streaming

calmar

Streaming has allowed me to have access to brand new artists at the touch of a button, to consolidate all of the songs I've enjoyed over my lifetime in a single place, and enjoy them how I choose. Even if you have a free account, it essentially turns into something like a radio, with occasional advertisements; and if some artists delay their releases to streaming platforms upon project release it still is preferable. So I'll continue to use it and those reasons are a large part in why the platform has become so popular.

My guess is that streaming is eclipsing physical copy purchases just like Netflix overtook Blockbuster and how ordering things online is eclipsing making a phone call. It's simply what technology is allowing people to be able to do, and being conservative and holding on to prior release mechanisms is, in the western world and its capitalistic economic system, a surefire way to get behind. I don't see people trying desperately to survive off of only pre-talkie films or cassette tapes. They were products of their time. And yeah, sure, maybe something will come along which replaces streaming. But that's not at all an argument against not being in the moment. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Dorothy Gale
4 minutes ago, Jed said:

But Adele, Taylor and Bey's Tidal exclusive album seem to disprove this. People consume music in a myriad of different ways and on different platforms. 

KyliesChild
Just now, Dorothy Gale said:

But Adele, Taylor and Bey's Tidal exclusive album seem to disprove this. People consume music in a myriad of different ways and on different platforms. 

You're comparing artists with immense hype from their fanbases and the GP to a highly polarizing artist who depends on streaming to get a hit single. 

Slayer
5 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Next it'll be implanted brain chips that play music just by thinking it. :excited2:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

You're comparing artists with immense hype from their fanbases and the GP to a highly polarizing artist who depends on streaming to get a hit single. 

But Björk even sold more than huge stars like Britney with her album? If she has a sales boost, Gaga will also have a sales boost. 

Archived