Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Costar in a Buddy Movie

CommonWhiteGirl

Featured Posts

CommonWhiteGirl

After a dramatic negotiation session at the Cannes Film Festival, Netflix has nabbed a film project pairing Grammy winner Rihanna with Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o, in a concept that began as a Twitter sensation. Ava DuVernay (Selma) will direct, and Issa Rae (Insecure) is writing the screenplay.

According to sources, Netflix landed the project in a very aggressive bid, beating out multiple other suitors.

Since then, the buzz has only intensified, with some creating concept art of the “scammer story” they envisioned with Rihanna playing a woman who cons white men, while her brilliant co-conspirator (played by Nyong’o) orchestrates the heists. It’s unclear how faithful Rae will remain to the crowd-sourced concept. (Since this piece was published, reps for Rae told Vanity Fair “the original Twitter users who imagined the concept for this film will be credited and included in some form.”)

lupita-rihanna-and-friends.jpg

Link: http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/22/rihanna-lupita-nyongo-ava-duvernay-movie/ 

What do you hunties think about this collab are you here for it or not? Do you think it'll actually be a thing?  Discuss!

ZiggyZiggs

This isn't a rumor, this was confirmed by the movie's director 

DelusionalGaga

So, was the meme inspired by that idea or did they come up with the movie after they saw the meme? 

The Child

I hope they pay the person who came up with it on TUMBLR and not on twitter :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

weed

Omfg at this actually becoming a thing 

I remember reading the Tumblr post about riri being the scammer so long ago, and now it's happening :golfclap:

This is gonna be the most exciting movie of this year since everything been so boring lately, I'm here 4 it

Archived