Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

DWUW song Appreciation

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

AHHH I absolutely love this song. I love the Instrumentals, Vocals, and Message/Theme. In my opinion, it is one of Gaga's best songs! It is such a shame it didn't become the massive hit it was intended to be. It's such a kick ass song. And it would've even been even better if we got the music video though. :( 

Gaga should do more songs like this, but with a different sound. 

What are your thoughts on DWUW? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Fernster7

Before the delusionals come here let me say that R. Kelly's version of this song is the best ones and he makes it sound like a ****ing jam.:giveup:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Smother Em Eh
4 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Before the delusionals come here let me say that R. Kelly's version of this song is the best ones and he makes it sound like a ****ing jam.:giveup:

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I liked the other versions, but R Kelly's stood out to me the most in which I enjoyed. 

RochestrMonstr

I loved this song since first listen! Although once Venus was released, I loved that even more. 

DWUW is a great song though. It's a shame that the video never came out. I'm fine with its chart performance: It spent 10 weeks in the US top 20, and made the top 10 in other markets. Not bad at all. 

Fernster7
32 minutes ago, JosephH said:

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I liked the other versions, but R Kelly's stood out to me the most in which I enjoyed. 

His voice suits the track better than Christina's and Gaga's version makes the song feel like it has no variations at all.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

NIghtmareElm

Could have been a hit!!! The song is one of her best.  It's sleazy but the underling message makes it more dramatic than dirty.  The video looked dirty af but her team should have took that risk to release it.  

RochestrMonstr
Just now, Fernster7 said:

His voice suits the track better than Christina's and Gaga's version makes the song feel like it has no variations at all.

I agree with this! While I do love the power of the two women's voices, Chirstinas verse is too similar to Gaga's. R. Kelly completely switches the song up! 

RochestrMonstr
Just now, JoeysWorldTour said:

Could have been a hit!!! The song is one of her best.  It's sleazy but the underling message makes it more dramatic than dirty.  The video looked dirty af but her team should have took that risk to release it.  

It was a pretty big hit though.

Joga

Still a boppeth, R Kelly's version is sexy. My favorite on the album.. :whitney:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

FadMadonsterStan

My all time favorite gaga song, TEOG coming in second. Dwuw is such a good song, I loved the 80s feel of the song and rnb vibes everything was flawless

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Fernster7
37 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I agree with this! While I do love the power of the two women's voices, Chirstinas verse is too similar to Gaga's. R. Kelly completely switches the song up! 

Yeah, it feels too monotonous. Although I must say that every version of the song is still super good. Gaga did that. 

The video situation is really unfortunate because it wasn't hit in my country because of it. :(

YourWhiskyMouth

Let's take a moment to appreciate the talented, brilliant, incredible live performances that we were blessed with because of the iconic Do What U Want.. :diane:

FadMadonsterStan
Just now, YourWhiskyMouth said:

Let's take a moment to appreciate the talented, brilliant, incredible live performances that we were blessed with because of the iconic Do What U Want.. :diane:

I can't :giveup: the first one is just omg

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Smother Em Eh
12 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Truly iconic. :tony:

Here for more RnbGa. :gaycat: 

Yessss same! 

Archived