Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lady Gaga replaced in Eurovision 2017

DelusionalGaga

Featured Posts

DelusionalGaga

This is only a rumor, so please take this information with a grain of salt.

So today I was browsing in a russian Lady Gaga forum on VK when I saw a few members discussing that Lady Gaga was supposed to perform in the Eurovision finale in Kiev. I did some digging and found an article published on Eurovoix.com a few hours ago. They discribe themselves as '' Europe's most reliable provider of song contest news''. Anyways here are some excerpts from the article. 

According to Igor Tarnopolsky, the manager of Eurovision 2016 winner Jamala, Lady Gaga was selected to perform as the interval act for the final of Eurovision 2017. Mr Tarnopolsky states he had been informed that Lady Gaga was performing by Stuart Barlow the show Producer in April.

Jamala’s manager goes on to add that, Lady Gaga had agreed to participate in the event as the main interval act, but did not demand a fee to perform as part of the show. Instead a rider of between 100,000 and 200,000 USD was required to ensure that she would take part. However according to Mr Tarnopolsky, room in the budget for the fee was not found and Lady Gaga was then dropped as the interval act.

Replacing Lady Gaga in her spot during the final was Ruslana the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2004.

It has not been confirmed by Ruslana or the management of Lady Gaga that the singer was due to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest.

So what do you hunties think? Were we denied an iconic performance because they couldn't collect 200 grands? Is this fake news? Discuss! 

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

Full article:https://eurovoix.com/2017/05/22/esc17-lady-gaga-replaced-ruslana-interval-act/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

An American? In Eurovision? Blasphemy!

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

thierryrreiht
1 minute ago, Karl said:

The winner of last year always performs..

Ruslana the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2004.

DelusionalGaga
Just now, calmar said:

An American? In Eurovision? Blasphemy!

Justin Timberlake performed last year. And  what about Australia participating? 

giphy.gif

calmar
Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

Justin Timberlake performed last year. And  what about Australia participating? 

giphy.gif

Never said Justin showing up wasn't blasphemy :usrs: 

And I think it's really weird Australia's allowed in :huh: Still don't know why they were invited nor why they stayed. I wouldn't mind a worldwide version of Eurovision; it would be more popular than the Miss World competition.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

PerfectIllusion

Such a shame... she could've cured Europe with her love :diane:

DelusionalGaga
1 minute ago, calmar said:

Never said Justin showing up wasn't blasphemy :usrs: 

And I think it's really weird Australia's allowed in :huh: Still don't know why they were invited nor why they stayed. I wouldn't mind a worldwide version of Eurovision; it would be more popular than the Miss World competition.

Yes, but wouldn't America win every time then? I mean they could send Katy Perry, TSwift or Bieber

calmar
Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

Yes, but wouldn't America win every time then? I mean they could send Katy Perry, TSwift or Bieber

Bieber's Canadian. 

There could be a new rule that it would have to be a new artist, or an artist with a certain amount of arbitrarily chosen success, that could be nominated by each country. I dunno. Mundovision would also take forever as up to 196 countries would be participating (since Taiwan and China would not be lumped together.)

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

kvnrp

I could only imagine a big host country like Sweden, Germany, UK or France to pull this off, not Ukraine :duck:

1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

But they would have to perform relatively new songs, they can't just choose one of their catalog.

And AAA-Artists don't mean they automatically win, as some countries tried that and failed hard.

2 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

And AAA-Artists don't mean they automatically win, as some countries tried that and failed hard.

Are you talking about that time we sent Cascada and failed miserably? :emma:

DelusionalGaga
2 minutes ago, calmar said:

Bieber's Canadian. 

Wow, didn't know. Canadians are usually like the nicest people ever :emma:

Archived