Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Grammys Use Gaga

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Thomas P said:

No Hun Katy has constantly been used by the Grammys. 

True, I don't even like her, but they should stop nominating her if they aren't going to give her anything. Diane Warren at the Oscars teas. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTNebraskaGuy
12 minutes ago, evgenigerm2 said:

I think in an interview, the band said that the awards' team told them they have an interesting collaboration idea 

I remember an interview where they had to choose some one to collaborate with, it was never a "choose Gaga or you can't perform" 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

And ASIB will perform worse than Burlesque at the box office. 

giphy.gif

Duh :ladyhaha:

PanPikus
26 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I don't think TEOG was submitted. I think Judas and You And I were the only songs they submitted. 

Exactly. When TEOG had the biggest chance of all BTW singles to win :neyde: I don't understand why they didn't submit it... They submited DITD even it wasn't single, but they couldn't submit TEOG?... :madge: Sometimes I hate Interscope so much :fthis:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

StrawberryBlond

I agree somewhat. But there are artists who have been used more. Look up Grammy Awards on Wikipedia and then go down to the "most nominations without winning" category. Nicki Minaj must feel more than a bit put out that they've asked her to perform and keep nominating her hits but don't actually give her anything and Katy's definitely feeling that. At least the academy had the good grace to stop nominating Brian McKnight once he secured the record for most nominations without winning. When an artist starts becoming a running joke, maybe it's time to stop. I could totally see Katy pulling an AP and not getting any nominations for Witness at this rate and that might be the end of her Grammy chances forevermore unless she can diversify. The academy is known for using the most popular artists of the moment for ratings by making them perform and giving them a lot of nominations and then they have the audacity to give them nothing after getting their hopes up.

Yes, Gaga needs way more Grammys but 6 is very good for a popstar. One more and she's tied with Madonna, two more and she's beaten her and she'll definitely beat her in nominations in the future. Gaga has a lot more Grammys than the average pop female. Even pop powerhouse vocalists like Ariana can't get a Grammy. Even a pop legend like Britney only has one. She's one of the most respected popstars, that's for sure. 

46 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Albums need to be impactful or influential to be nominated? Explain Beck winning AOTY with Morning Phase. 

I complained about this a lot back when Fearless won but I'm over it now. They should put "Best" as part of the award title but we know that's what they mean. It's usually given to the album with the best critical reception, not necessarily the one with the most sales. Although, sometimes, they do seem to favour the sales option. They've certainly done that the last 2 years running.

bloody g

I've never been pissed with the Grammys in regards of Gaga. I don't think ARTPOP or TIHTY deserved wins. However, I'm confident Joanne will snatch at least 2 grammys.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

I've never been pissed with the Grammys in regards of Gaga. I don't think ARTPOP or TIHTY deserved wins. However, I'm confident Joanne will snatch at least 2 grammys.

They didn't have to completely shut her out. :madge: 

InsideOutright

The Grammys already lost most of their credibility when the Chainsmokers won one before Katy. I know we like to poke fun at how Katy can't win one, but she deserved one at least twice as much as them.

Twitter
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Million Reasons should win or Grammys cancelled indeed.

Fixed! :gaycat:

sipthistea

Gaga doesn't need any awards to prove she's an upcoming legend. 

Ronk
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I could totally see Katy pulling an AP and not getting any nominations for Witness at this rate and that might be the end of her Grammy chances forevermore unless she can diversify.

I really think the public has grown tired of her, or at least her brand of pop music.   Diversification is the key, such as Gaga doing Jazz, show music, metal, and country.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Perfect ionist
6 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Gaga has 6 Grammys, but she's far from a Grammy favorite. It's frustrating that she was nominated and lost during BTW and wasn't even nominated for ARTPOP. If Joanne doesn't win anything, or worse isn't nominated I don't think I'll be giving the Grammy awards my time beyond the 2018 Awards. With Taylor and Adele winning AOTY twice this decade and Beyoncé amassing over 20 Grammys, it's inexcusable for Gaga to only have six.

No the Grammys don't owe Gaga anything, but she brings in ratings by performing, and in the case of the Bowie tribute, changing an entire performance so the Grammys can deliver a timely tribute. Many artists wouldn't give up a spot promoting themselves, but Gaga did just that at the last two Grammys. No one else gets treated quite as bad by the Grammys. Adele, Bey and Taylor always have walk away with something, and usually some prestigious categories. Gaga has yet to win ROTY, SOTY or AOTY, and hasn't been on stage to receive an award since 2011. With PI being snubbed, and Joanne possibly being another snub, I don't know if I can support the Grammys if this trend continues of giving Gaga less and less while she gives them more, I won't watch. 

And don't forget Katy Perry:sharon:

Never won a grammy only been nominated

15jocart

I don't think they "use" her. Nobody is forcing her to perform there, she could say no.

Also, they aren't going to give performers preference when it comes to doling out the awards...

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

DeanWinchester
7 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Gaga has 6 Grammys, but she's far from a Grammy favorite.

They awarded her the Jane Ortner award not two years ago :interestinga:

EDIT: it was actually just last year

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived