Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Grammys Use Gaga

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

Gaga has 6 Grammys, but she's far from a Grammy favorite. It's frustrating that she was nominated and lost during BTW and wasn't even nominated for ARTPOP. If Joanne doesn't win anything, or worse isn't nominated I don't think I'll be giving the Grammy awards my time beyond the 2018 Awards. With Taylor and Adele winning AOTY twice this decade and Beyoncé amassing over 20 Grammys, it's inexcusable for Gaga to only have six.

No the Grammys don't owe Gaga anything, but she brings in ratings by performing, and in the case of the Bowie tribute, changing an entire performance so the Grammys can deliver a timely tribute. Many artists wouldn't give up a spot promoting themselves, but Gaga did just that at the last two Grammys. No one else gets treated quite as bad by the Grammys. Adele, Bey and Taylor always have walk away with something, and usually some prestigious categories. Gaga has yet to win ROTY, SOTY or AOTY, and hasn't been on stage to receive an award since 2011. With PI being snubbed, and Joanne possibly being another snub, I don't know if I can support the Grammys if this trend continues of giving Gaga less and less while she gives them more, I won't watch. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grammy's 2018 preview

106913c14294e35v3b2q1cmk9.jpg

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Red

They use all the artists if you think with your logic

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

HOTNebraskaGuy

Lol, she chose to do the DB tribute. The likeliness of them literally making her cancel all her plans to do it is little to none. Not to mention Metallica CHOSE Gaga, the Grammys had no say in it. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Dorothy Gale

Don't get me started on how Gaga delivered a show-stopping Oscar performance in 2015, had one of the most talked about performances in 2016 and still lost to Sam Smith. "Gaga is good for ratings, but don't actually award her!!"

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, Red said:

They use all the artists if you think with your logic

I'm talking about big names that bring in viewers. Adele, Bey and Taylor don't get snubbed or mistreated the same way. 

heygirl

been thinking this for a while, too, and completely agree. but the truth is that gaga, as an artist, is too much for some, and they are those who will call her a legend once she's no longer alive.

and pop culture has always favored beyonce and adele, praising their stuff and don't apply the same biased rules for them as they have for gaga. 

Spoiler

i always cringe when they announce gaga and say "six-time grammy winner". like no. thats not much. and while she should be proud of it, it definitely isn't much at all compared to what others have, whom aren't half as talented as gaga MUSICally. 

be kind guys

TeenIdle

Some amazing artists have none, so let's be grateful for those 6

Just now, TeenIdle said:

Some amazing artists have none, so let's be grateful for those 6

cm.gif

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Gagz

She won as recently as 2015, and hasn't been eligible for anything since then. It's fair to say BTW deserved AOTY, but did you really expect Adele to not win it? And it was no surprise ARTPOP was snubbed. The only thing she's been eligible for since her last win was PI, which barely made any waves, so why would it be nominated?

Also, keep in mind that awards do not equate to success. Before Bowie died, he only had 1 competitive Grammy. Cher only has 1 Grammy and she won it 30 years into her career. The six Grammys she has are already amazing, but, at the end of the day, it's just a number. It doesn't matter.

And, I think there are other artists who are more "used," like Katy Perry who is always nominated and always performs but has never won. 

SlayGagaloo

It's not that difficult to understand though

Beyoncé owned R&B categories for a long time 

And the snake won many for country music 

But Gaga mostly made Dance music, but they stopped nominating pop girls in Best Dance song category, so she had to compete in the main categories which are so hard to win (even Bey won SOY once and that’s about it) 

Over.

Delulu Rogers

I wouldn't say she has been totally snubbed. I mean btw album losing to adele's album was pretty fair game i'd say. ARTPOP definetly didn't pan out to deserve any awards and even Joanne has not been so impactful or influencial to say it'd be a snub if it doesn't win anything. The only snubs I think were the 2016 oscars and PF not winning SOTY. TFM could've win AOTY if she released it as a solo album in America instead of an EP

And like someone else said, people like Katy are used way more. Prism actually should have won something imo. 

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, ChrisC said:

I wouldn't say she has been totally snubbed. I mean btw album losing to adele's album was pretty fair game i'd say. ARTPOP definetly didn't pan out to deserve any awards and even Joanne has not been so impactful or influencial to say it'd be a snub if it doesn't win anything. The only snubs I think were the 2016 oscars and PF not winning SOTY. TFM could've win AOTY if she released it as a solo album in America instead of an EP

Albums need to be impactful or influential to be nominated? Explain Beck winning AOTY with Morning Phase. 

Archived