💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I definitely think The Cure is about Sonja

Gohan

Featured Posts

Gohan

Oh my god, I actually just heard the song for the first time today and I'm still crying as I'm writing this... :( 

Imagine having someone that you love so much in your life, they have an almost incurable disease but you still won't give up trying to heal them even if they say they're okay.

''I'll fix you with my love'' :( Rest in peace, Sonja. You were truly an inspiration to all of us, a fighter, a hero. A loving human being, a caring friend and lover. You'll live forever in our memories and hearts as a proof that true love does exist.

Love you, beautiful soul

C-GiBA5UAAAulW1.jpg

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

littlepotter

Yes! I just thought of this too. So amazing. RIP Sonja :(

chaeri pls

Dirtyicecreamz

The song makes so much sense now:

"If I can't find the cure" because she knew there wasn't one... it's so devastating. It'll teach fans to think twice before discrediting lyrics to a song they know nothing about. 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

KyliesChild

I think there's definitely some lyricism that alludes to The Cure being about Sonja because although you'd caress and take care of your significant other Gaga seems to have done activities routinely with Sonja thus she'll always have something to remind her of Sonja. 

I'll undress you, 'cause you're tired
Cover you as you desire
When you fall asleep inside my arms
May not have the fancy things
But I'll give you everything
You could ever want, it's in my arms

/

So we'll turn on a bachelorette
Dye Ashley's hair red
And then we'll have our sixth
Spice girl in this bitch

On “Grigio Girls", Gaga sings about lifting up the spirits of broken-hearted women [Sonja] whilst “The Cure" differentiates from it because it entails what activities she's referring to.

“Let me take care if it, babe" she says, and some people drink alcoholic drinks to forget about their surroundings and to moderate their angst [pinot grigio].

Swan Heart

With a cruel disease like this, there's a point where the only cure you can have is love, positivity and bravery. It all clicks too well.

Rest in peace, angel. A true worrier. The last few months must have been so painful, she's in a better place now.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

CannaeDrive

You're right, it is. Makes so much sense: the lyrics, the timing, her letting the song speaks for itself, etc.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

What About Us

It really does make sense now that I think of this. I have two family members with cancer and to be honest, all I can show them is love because that's all I have to offer them. My mom has liver cancer and she found out if she doesn't get a liver transplant, she might only have a year to live. :( R.I.P. Sonja.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

7 minutes ago, HeavyMetalKnee said:

It really does make sense now that I think of this. I have two family members with cancer and to be honest, all I can show them is love because that's all I have to offer them. My mom has liver cancer and she found out if she doesn't get a liver transplant, she might only have a year to live. :( R.I.P. Sonja.

Bless you. I'm so sorry for your mother. Hope you're okay as well. 

Maleficent

"And if you say your okay", in my experience people who are truly suffering pretend to be more okay than they are, so I read this as Sonja telling Gaga's she's feeling fine, but Gaga sees that she actually does hurt and will "heal [Sonja] anyway" 

PerfectIllusion

Yes that might be one of the meanings, Gagas songs usually have many 

artRaver

When I first initially heard the song, yeah, I thought it about Sonja.. but I always thought of it from her husband's point of view not necessarily Gaga's. 

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

TropicOfCANCER

People keep saying this but I disagree. From what we know, it's almost certain this song was written with the intention of being used for ASIB, but was ultimately not chosen. I'm suspecting that the song is an allusion to Bradley coopers character's alcoholism.

What About Us
56 minutes ago, Reed said:

Bless you. I'm so sorry for your mother. Hope you're okay as well. 

I'm slightly distraught over it, but I guess I'll be fine. It's just been a long journey for me.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

Archived