💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I definitely think The Cure is about Sonja

Gohan

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
4 hours ago, Dylan Matthews said:

I think there's definitely some lyricism that alludes to The Cure being about Sonja because although you'd caress and take care of your significant other Gaga seems to have done activities routinely with Sonja thus she'll always have something to remind her of Sonja. 

I'll undress you, 'cause you're tired
Cover you as you desire
When you fall asleep inside my arms
May not have the fancy things
But I'll give you everything
You could ever want, it's in my arms

/

So we'll turn on a bachelorette
Dye Ashley's hair red
And then we'll have our sixth
Spice girl in this bitch

On “Grigio Girls", Gaga sings about lifting up the spirits of broken-hearted women [Sonja] whilst “The Cure" differentiates from it because it entails what activities she's referring to.

“Let me take care if it, babe" she says, and some people drink alcoholic drinks to forget about their surroundings and to moderate their angst [pinot grigio].

Funny you mention this because the first time I heard the cure, my best friend and I called it "I wanna be with you 2.0" because we interpreted it to be about the very special bond that monsters/gaga share. Now I definitely do think it's not only about us but Sonja as well. My heart truly does break for gaga because I think the hardest part for her was that she couldn't fix it. It wasn't a matter of "take this pill and you'll be cured". I think the best thing we can do right now is give gaga space to process everything but at the same time letting her know that we're here for her. She's always been the "glue" that holds us together so now it's our turn to be there for her. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Reality

The song definitely has multiple meanings, and I do believe that this is one of them. Hearing it again, it does seem to oddly have a certain saddness to it. I'm sure these past few months have been very rough on Gaga, her family, and especially Sonja. 

This only makes me appreciate the song more.

🃏🖤👹

Slayer

Yeah, I've always thought it was about Sonja. And after Sonja's tragic passing, I think Gaga released this as a single as a gift to Sonja. 

It truly breaks my heart. I just hate that there is so much death and misery in the world. Love really is the only thing that can cure our souls during something as terrible as terminal cancer. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived