💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was GGD like in 2013-14?

POP2

Featured Posts

MakeItRealLoud

I guess I'll add to what @Haroon said!!

*Ugh Im sorry guys but literally I am beyond late to this party* I've been here since 08-09 and this is my first post. Disgusting to say the least , but hope yall can forgive me.

So the ARTPOP era was everything here but I agree it was definitely messy. Everything for me had a dark cloud when the hip injury incurred, meltdowns followed shortly after...

-SwineFest was the beginning...but OMG SWINEFEST

-The Burqa leak was major

-The Applause VS. Roar was ugly ( Literally katy gets everything coming at her rn *oops* )

-The meltdown of Burqa not being the first single, Gaga stated it was the single she truly wanted.

-Gaga stating Venus was coming out when Venus constellations were aligning with the stars. MeditationGa/ HighGa /

-The meltdown from no Venus video

-The lack of DWUW video

-the record label meltdown

ARTRAVE was the only thing keeping Gaga alive this era.

Oops do I have the right timeframe? lol

-All in All is was very FUN and COLORFUL-

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pablo
1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

you are the first person I see that remember the adult section, I was in there too, lovely times, remember Jase and there was a girl, she was crazy and everyone hate her and she always posted a green emoji, also I remember Brandon (I believe that was his name) probably the first "straight" guy ever on GGD 

KlwXK2D.gif

@Jase please refresh my memory 

I only had like 2 months on the adult section because I turned 18 and then they moved sites :grr:

I wasn't very active back then but I remember this guy talked about how he would never bully anyone but he bullied people on ggd ALL the time so a user made his quote their signature :laughga: 

Don't visit my profile

Bambino

Imo better than now. Maybe a bit messier than now but better. There was a community and members communicated with each other. There was also posts activity. Now I feel like there's only activity and a competition of who gets more likes/first post.

Haroon
10 hours ago, Lukas said:

@Haroon was just learning about homosexuality which myself and other members taught him 

#CHATTYANG2K13

LOOOOOOOOL :air: my life had no meaning without the chat room and the people in it :giveup:

9 hours ago, MakeItRealLoud said:

I guess I'll add to what @Haroon said!!

*Ugh Im sorry guys but literally I am beyond late to this party* I've been here since 08-09 and this is my first post. Disgusting to say the least , but hope yall can forgive me.

Welcome to the forum! :sara: If you ever need anything or have any questions please feel free to message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :happy: 

and i oop
12 hours ago, GrigioBoys said:

I'm a relatively new member, being a member for just over one year, I never got to experience the 2013-2014 GGD negativity. :excited2: So tell me, what was it like? Why did so many people leave the forum? Was Gaga actually on GGD for awhile? :gaycat:

Spill it hunties:hor:

12 hours ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

omg I was just gonna make a similar thread but was gonna ask how it was back in the earlier days (2009-2012)

Search gagadaily.com on here. http://web.archive.org This website is amazing! 

blackpink

I would love to know too, I was just about to make a thread haha

Wasn't there a thread from a member of Gaga's team saying she doesn't come on GGD anymore? :rip: I remember someone telling me that. 

Katie14
12 hours ago, Jay.P said:

People left because of the update (mid 2014?) but slowly started coming back

I could never understand how people could just leave because the website changed.

Katie14

I was here since 2011 and I honestly don't understand why a lot if fans seem to think GGD was "better" earlier on. I think its more of a case of nostalgia and maybe getting older.

This site always had the same vibe to me and I have enjoyed spending time on here through the years. Of course there is superficiality and rudeness sometimes, but overall I have found most of the users here to be incredibly creative, funny, entertaining, insightful & kind. Comparing this site to others....Popjustice.... Is like night and day. I was judged hardcore on that site and I felt like I was posting on eggshells. I feel like I can actually be myself here. 

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, LadyGagaIsBest said:

the amount of snapshots in 2013 :air:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Modern Ecstacy
1 hour ago, LadyGagaIsBest said:

OMG YES! I used to use this website a long time ago but then I lost it. Thank you so much!

I think I joined mid '12. I remember that back then I did enjoy the chat function. C2C was an amazing era but most people here didn't seem to enjoy it. There was some GGD update around 14-15 that upset many people. Many quit that day. People were generally more negative back then, but I also think GGD was more active back then.

Dorothy Gale

It was rough. 2013 and 2014 were bad years, and meltdowns were rampant. Things turned around a bit in 2015 with some new projects and hope for Gaga's next album. I just remember a lot of people were really negative about ARTPOP, and compared it to every album out there. 

Archived