Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your Dream Era

Kermit

Featured Posts

Gagadonna

Themes: life, spirituality, love and challenges 

Sounds: pop with jazz, folk and disco influences (like Joanne but more Pop) 

Features: Lana Del Rey and Sia 

Producers: RedOne, Stuart Price, Max Martin, Mark Ronson, The xx

Co-writers: Sia, Hillary Lindsey, Elton John. 

Visuals: a fully visual album 

Looks: brown/black hair, natural-looking make-up but with eccentric yet classy outfits. 

Colours: dark red, purple, lavender, silver, white, black 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991

80s/ dark/ Euro/ pop

+R&B like DWUW

visuals: dark with splashes of pastel colors (like The 1975)

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

WildAmerican

I want her to have a long era. Shame Joanne and ARTPOP were so short. Like at least 5 singles again. 

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Highway10 said:

ha Teenage Dream era please :firega:

be more specific, that tour only grossed $60m, ARTRAVE in comparison grossed $83m :poot:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Highway10
8 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

be more specific, that tour only grossed $60m, ARTRAVE in comparison grossed $83m 

I mean with the promotion team and music videos etc

lost in limbo

ARTPOP Act II

Genres: Electropop, trap (guess what song), pop-rock, synthpop, dubstep, industrial, some jazz influences in one or two songs and dancepop.

Collabs: Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar and a random rapper that´s hungry for a collab.

Vibe: Dark-pop, Club-pop

Producers: Madeon, DJWS, Infected Mushroom, Gaga herself, BloodPop, Nick Monson and Fernando Garibay+a couple others.

Fashion:

Spoiler

1st single:

GAGA+PARTYNAUSEOUS+ITPOP+.png

maxresdefault.jpg

2nd single:

wenn21238477.jpg

article-0-175D8FF3000005DC-689_638x898.j

3rd single:

Lady-Gaga-black-hair.jpg

unnamed-file-4704.jpg

4th single:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlffhp6vC0o_2KNhKKmoF

(different kind of wigs, mostly her platinum blonde and black ones)

lady-gaga-hair-dress.jpg

(again, different wigs, mostly the platinum blonde and black ones)

5th single: 

maxresdefault.jpg

article-0-198D8DEF00000578-648_634x356.j

6th single: 

Lady-Gaga-for-Harpers-Bazaar-7.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMm5Y-9ObVKzIex7a5wLz

7th single:

Couldn´t find the image of her wearing the ´´Thriler´´ jacket with her black hair, but yeah, that outfit.

lady-gaga-weraing-micky-mouse-ears-13478

8th single:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWAyokev1D5iY5vVPK5CA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsrDFdef1CX4HaEvg3pEn

I may have exaggerated a little on the singles number, but I think those were the right choices (Partynauseous(feat. Kendrick), TEA, Onion Girl, Sexxx Dreams 2.0 (ft. Rihanna), Temple, Ratchet (feat. Rihanna & Beyoncé), SiRE and Tinnitus), so here it goes.

Tour: ArtExplosion Ball: Pop and Art Tour (her most grossing tour ever, surfacing the Monster Ball) (it would have a storyline like TMB and BTWB, and she would only perfom Act I and II)

Spoiler

Took me literally an hour to write all this, I´m dead.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

HOTNebraskaGuy

60s rock n roll beach vibes, sort of like A-Yo, and super raw, little to no EDM. Maybe some 90s RnB influences (not sure if that would compliment the 60s vibe though). 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

AnnieOne

Rap and hiphop originates from a place of great social injusties and it started out as the black man's rage backed by gun and muscle power.

So she needs to be a bad ass white bitch,  which is why I say "Blond Gaga",  simultaneously aiming at the priviligued white  man's incapacity to create a sustainable society outside of his own comfort zone.

Cant find any era that completely fits but I like the "go faster"- attitude in John Wayne, her shooting from her heels (as opposed to guns), when she annoyed but composed brushes off broken glass from her hat, that she dont care enough to fix her hair or that she for no reason whatsoever dont wear pants that day cause she just doesnt feel like it. At the same time I can see her superimposed over the pathriarchal mindset as a superior love goddess/queen and speaking of  the genre my thoughts go to Nicki Minaj esp in Light my body up and No Frauds. 

But I also find the idea of a more plain Jane Doe kind of appealing, putting the supposed political message where it belongs.

All these attitudes and expressions I like but I cant seem to bridge them...

Can she be all of them?

Blond is the only straight answer I can actually give. But that drives me a little crazy too cause arent we putting her back in the very same box she broke out of to begin with?

Here's a thought. A skinny, blond sexualized Gaga carries the heavy burden of a giant wooden cross on her way to Golgata but frees herself, burns the cross and moves into a Gagalized version of the Playboymansion superimposing herself as a lovegoddess but not to her crew of slave males but to strong individual men being there by choice.

Shine mother****er!

lost in limbo

I may or may not do one for ARTPOP, how the era should´ve been, maybe.

Same for my own Born This Way era.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Smother Em Eh

URBANGA! I want Gaga to go Urban so bad! It will have a unique but relatable message. The whole era will go by a theme. So the visuals and fashion will follow a certain theme instead of being all over the place. 

-It will be a visual album

- The album will win AOTY 

- Will have 2 hit songs that both are at the very top of the charts!

- A collaboration with Chance the Rapper! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Duella Dvil

It's midnight the Friday before the next tracking week begins, all of her social media get black profile photos with the number seven

All names and things get replaced with black boxes like just place holder symbols over words.

As each day goes by leading to the next tracking week, the profile photos are replaced by consequtive numbers in a countdown. To 1

Which is replaced with the word "one". Which is then revealed to be the album title.

The lead single is released. 

The sound, it's a call back to Eurythmic/Annie Lennox style vocals with instrumentation that is a modernized version of Depeche mode. 

It has a dark, evil feeling visual that has some kind of introspection about the feeling of losing her freedom to Fame but the ending shows Gaga discovering light. The final frame in three slides reveals the album's release date.

2 months later a fall release at prime tracking. Directly at the end of the Grammy period.

She does a performance circuit on shows like Ellen and Good Morning America. Her demeanor is strong, she wears a lot of pantsuits, her hair is always up. Androgynous black glitter smokey glam.

She reveals very little about the album but she always ends each interview with some kind of distorted teaser.

The week before the album releaae there is an announcement on her social media, a listening party at a theatre in Hollywood. Where big movie premieres usually are. With this announcement the album cover is Released. And the second single.

It's powerful, her vocals shine but it's a dance hit at it's core. Lots of social subtext veiled with playful lyrics.

Movie theaters all over the world have the word "one" in black and white like those cool cardboard diorama display things. We start getting album commercials throughout that week featuring 3 visuals from the visual album project. Released to major theatres on the date of album release.

It's heavily influenced by Bowie and 80s BritishAlt Pop. The visuals are personal and relateable to every human. The over all message is one of togetherness and unity but it starts out as Gaga's character trying to establish Independence and domination but realizes that instead she doesn't want a selfish form of one, she wants a selfless form of one, where one is all it goes from a hive mind horror feeling to a beautiful stirring feel good thing.

It's a lot yin and yang, a lot of social comparison and a LOT of stirring imagery. The structure is similar to how Lemonade is done but there are established character interactions. There is a narrative and a plot beyond it just being an album. The two music videos that were Released we're from two opposite ends of the film so there was a huge difference in visuals, consider the differences between Alejandro and Million Reasons. That kind of stark. But the songs flow from one another keeping the social narrative going.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

blackcoffee

I've been thinking about this all morning and it's seriously hard to pick one. I have a ton of dream eras in my mind, mostly around the sound and vibes of the music.

Right now, my dream era would be total, full-on 70s inspired glam rock, soft rock album that's classic and yet still modern enough. Something like Harry Styles' new album but even better and more Gaga. Like if you took David Bowie, Elton John, Queen, and Fleetwood Mac and put it all together (especially Fleetwood Mac, they're my favorite band). She's always flirted with these sounds and looks, and it's something she's been inspired by since the TF, so just go fully into it. Truly a genre she just shines in when she's done bits of it in the past. 

I would also love a whole era of funky pop, rock, R&B, and disco. Think along the lines of stuff like Daft Punk's recent work and collabs and Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker's "Daffodils". That song is so amazing and I'm dying to hear her on a track like that. I just remember how amazing she was at the Stevie Wonder tribute and I know she would KILL on an album full of funk.

I think it would be awesome if she pulled an Amy Winehouse and made an album of jazz-infused pop and R&B. Her jazz vocals are her best vocals. Think Back To Black meets the R&B sounds of someone like Lianne La Havas (she's amazing) and Michael Kiwanuka.

Also, a true singer-songwriter era, like her Tapestry, with some classic collaborations. 

Someone else mentioned 60s and I'm right there with you! Something that sounds like summer days on the beach here in California. I am still so sad she didn't sing Father John Misty's "Real Love Baby" as intended because that sound would be perfect! I would also love an era like that to be like half sunshiney pop and half psychedelic rock-pop, like full on collaboration with Kevin Parker and Tame Impala. I need Gaga-Tame Impala to have asap haha. 

Someone else here mentioned Eurthymics and Depeche Mode like synthpop new wave and I am SO here for that too!

FentyGa

ARTPOP but this way:
Aura released as a single June 3rd 2013.
TV promos, VMAs, music video being Paparazzi part 3, all promo.
Album released October 15th 2013 (as to not be overshadowed with Xmas music in November/ December)
Applause released as the sophomore single with a video October 17th 2013.
AMA performance, TV, etc.
Venus released as the 3rd single with a video release January 10th 2014 
Grammys performance, TV promo.
Do What U Want (Ft. Christina Aguilera) released as the 4th single + a great legendary video April 20th 2014. Saved until the 4th single as to not release all of the single worthy songs at the beginning.
Gypsy released as the final single with a video on July 3rd 2014.

Earthling
7 hours ago, AnnieOne said:

Rap and hiphop originates from a place of great social injusties and it started out as the black man's rage backed by gun and muscle power.

So she needs to be a bad ass white bitch,  which is why I say "Blond Gaga",  simultaneously aiming at the priviligued white  man's incapacity to create a sustainable society outside of his own comfort zone.

Cant find any era that completely fits but I like the "go faster"- attitude in John Wayne, her shooting from her heels (as opposed to guns), when she annoyed but composed brushes off broken glass from her hat, that she dont care enough to fix her hair or that she for no reason whatsoever dont wear pants that day cause she just doesnt feel like it. At the same time I can see her superimposed over the pathriarchal mindset as a superior love goddess/queen and speaking of  the genre my thoughts go to Nicki Minaj esp in Light my body up and No Frauds. 

But I also find the idea of a more plain Jane Doe kind of appealing, putting the supposed political message where it belongs.

All these attitudes and expressions I like but I cant seem to bridge them...

Can she be all of them?

Blond is the only straight answer I can actually give. But that drives me a little crazy too cause arent we putting her back in the very same box she broke out of to begin with?

Here's a thought. A skinny, blond sexualized Gaga carries the heavy burden of a giant wooden cross on her way to Golgata but frees herself, burns the cross and moves into a Gagalized version of the Playboymansion superimposing herself as a lovegoddess but not to her crew of slave males but to strong individual men being there by choice.

Yaaas :pray:

You should be a member of the Haus

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Archived