💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Vevo Views Have Me Depressed

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

theahsfan

They say talent always wins, but it doesn't, which is sad.

Katy is the most untalented artist you'll ever see, yet the GP love her more than Gaga.. who can actually sing and is incredibly versatile.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

I don't think a lot of you understand that the views bring in awards. It's sad but true. It's why ARTPOP got no VMAS.

As much as I love promotion at the VMAs, the Grammys are the only relevant award show now.

I do want her to attend the VMAs and other award shows though, just for the sake of performance and promotion.

Duella Dvil
13 hours ago, ChrisC said:

I don't think I've ever gotten through BTW, Alejandro or MTN without skipping parts. 

Re-f#ckin-ported!

www.instagram.com/theduella666

bumblebee

Why do we always ignore the look into her audience? For real, though, her crazy popularity in the USA in 2009 was largely fueled by her massive appeal to the students and club-visitors, a rather mature audience, if you ask me. People who used to dance to Poker Face and Bad Romance in the clubs around the release dates of those singles are probably around 26-33 years now. They are not the age part that provides most views nowadays. 

As as for her younger audience, those were the teens and kids who fell in love with her darker artistry and the magic that was the Monster Ball and the message of "I am who I am" in late 2009/ early 2010. They survived the wait for her Born This Way album (which won her some more younger fans) but even if they were around 14-15 at that time they are well into their twenties now. 

Gaga has not broadened her media presence to a younger audience ever since 2010-2011. Neither ARTPOP, nor Cheek to Cheek added the youthful diversity to her fanbase (there are minor exception obviously), so she doesn't have many fans in the 13-19 age area now, hence all the views issues. 

Twitter
13 hours ago, Batwings said:

These other artists may be the most popular at the moment, but Gaga will have the most longevity and remain a legend and an icon. 

This answer! :golfclap:

Thomas P
2 hours ago, theahsfan said:

They say talent always wins, but it doesn't, which is sad.

Katy is the most untalented artist you'll ever see, yet the GP love her more than Gaga.. who can actually sing and is incredibly versatile.

Check the charts :reductive:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Dorothy Gale
15 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Check the charts 

This is definitely Katy's AP moment. Will she be able to rebrand or branch into acting and jazz or another genre successfully? Only time will tell. Pop culture moves so fast nowadays. Heidi Klumstradamus said it best: "one day you're in, the next you're out".

Smother Em Eh
16 hours ago, Batwings said:

These other artists may be the most popular at the moment, but Gaga will have the most longevity and remain a legend and an icon. 

Yesss! And Gaga will be the one who will be known and well appreciated. Much more than Calvin and Katy! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Hades

Just enjoy the music and the videos you like. You can do nothing else about her. At the end of the day look at Robin's Blurred Lines views compared to his latest views. Many similar artists are now struggling harder than Gaga even if they have a video with 1 bil views.

Dorothy Gale
4 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I don't think a lot of you understand that the views bring in awards. It's sad but true. It's why ARTPOP got no VMAS.

Who cares about VMAS nowadays though? They haven't been very credible for awhile and don't produce as many memorable pop culture moments anymore. I care about Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, Golden Globes and maybe a video vanguard award. Other than that a lot of these awards are meaningless. I remember one award show like this gave away one of Britney's award to another artist just because they showed up, and when they posted it on social media the inscription still said Britney Spears. :toofunny: The BBMAs, VMAs and AMAs have become so mediocre and watered down, the GP hardly cares. 

Dorothy Gale
3 minutes ago, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Just enjoy the music and the videos you like. You can do nothing else about her. At the end of the day look at Robin's Blurred Lines views compared to his latest views. Many similar artists are now struggling harder than Gaga even if they have a video with 1 bil views.

Even Meghan Trainor, who had a 2 billion viewed video with AATB has worse views than Gaga now. Pretty poor, considering she debuted in the vevo age. I don't think Gaga needs to get tons of huge videos, but being able to get some videos above 200 million would be nice. 

imwoahvicky
16 hours ago, KleinGa said:

This is VEVO certified

This has two billion views

What does this mean?

NOTHING.

Will we remember these singers years from now? NO. Are they legends? NO. Did they have any impact? NO.

Youtube is just short term gratification (hate: Rebecca or sometimes for entertainment: PSY) but it's just short term. Longterm refers to the impact like this:

29C3648700000578-3131011-image-a-39_1434

(being inducted into the Songwriter's hall of Fame) - one of many examples 

i see where you're coming from but Psy has nothing to do with the USA so it's best to just ignore him :sweat: 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Hades
1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Even Meghan Trainor, who had a 2 billion viewed video with AATB has worse views than Gaga now. Pretty poor, considering she debuted in the vevo age. I don't think Gaga needs to get tons of huge videos, but being able to get some videos above 200 million would be nice. 

I totally get what you say and agree but let's just be happy that she is healthy and making her dreams true (asib etc). After Sonja's fate i believe we should be more down to earth and don't ask much.....

Economy

Because she always releases music videos after the song already peaked :rip: 

Taylor Z

Just go to Madonna's Vevo. the views there will make you feel better about Gagas 🙃 

como estas

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived