Vevo Views Have Me Depressed

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

KleinGa

This is VEVO certified

This has two billion views

What does this mean?

NOTHING.

Will we remember these singers years from now? NO. Are they legends? NO. Did they have any impact? NO.

Youtube is just short term gratification (hate: Rebecca or sometimes for entertainment: PSY) but it's just short term. Longterm refers to the impact like this:

29C3648700000578-3131011-image-a-39_1434

(being inducted into the Songwriter's hall of Fame) - one of many examples 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic

Our fav is irrelevant.

But shocker, so is everyone elses. The trends are not in our favor atm, so wait.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

dit
3 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

afjgvkjs :deadbanana: omg I love you loool 

junolxf

You guys chose to drag Gaga TODAY? Wow, that's kind of sad. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, junolxf said:

You guys chose to drag Gaga TODAY? Wow, that's kind of sad. 

What's today? 

Maria Brink
26 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I'm defeated. I can't believe that How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris will reach one billion views before any Gaga video. Katy's video views had me shook. I know YouTube isn't everything, but I don't understand why Gaga struggles to even get Vevo certified in an age where that certification means nothing. I know it shouldn't mean anything, but views are how many people watch the video, it makes it a waste for Gaga to pour her heart and soul into something for lackluster reception. Why is she struggling? Does she need collabs? It seems everyone and their grandma has a video with one billion views, I'm confused.

Okay... In my opinion, this entire thread completely goes beyond what Gaga stands for... Lady Gaga has proven she is an artist. Sure, it is her job and career to put out material for the public and her fans to enjoy. But I don't think Gaga creates her videos for a billion views or to go viral. She makes it because its something she is passionate about. Videos and music are types of art. She has made it more than clear she loves art and makes music because it is her passion. To say that she's wasting her time making videos because of "poor reception" is reaching to places that don't exist in Gaga's world. 

The issue with stan culture is literally that we all focus on numbers. If the views on Gaga's videos are causing you such sadness and stress, maybe you should learn to stop caring about the numbers and enjoy what she gives us or go stan a mainstream pop girl who can't do half the things our queen can do. She has made her impact, she has made her millions and now she is just doing what she loves... LET HER LIVE.  

Thank you.

calmar
7 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

What's today? 

Sonja Durham, the woman with stage four cancer who inspired the song "Grigio Girls", just died. 

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, gagasrat said:

Okay... In my opinion, this entire thread completely goes beyond what Gaga stands for... Lady Gaga has proven she is an artist. Sure, it is her job and career to put out material for the public and her fans to enjoy. But I don't think Gaga creates her videos for a billion views or to go viral. She makes it because its something she is passionate about. Videos and music are types of art. She has made it more than clear she loves art and makes music because it is her passion. To say that she's wasting her time making videos because of "poor reception" is reaching to places that don't exist in Gaga's world. 

The issue with stan culture is literally that we all focus on numbers. If the views on Gaga's videos are causing you such sadness and stress, maybe you should learn to stop caring about the numbers and enjoy what she gives us or go stan a mainstream pop girl who can't do half the things our queen can do. She has made her impact, she has made her millions and now she is just doing what she loves... LET HER LIVE.  

Thank you.

I know Gaga is an artist and she doesn't create a video with the sole intent and purpose of going viral, but it still is disheartening to see her efforts receive less views. All About That Bass has two million while G.U.Y has 120 million combined? It's frustrating to see her recent videos struggle to reach milestones that are easily attainable by lesser artists. It makes it bittersweet. She's an artist with so much freedom, yet it doesn't reach the majority of the gp. 

Dorothy Gale
Just now, calmar said:

Sonja Durham, the woman with stage four cancer who inspired the song "Grigio Girls", just died. 

Oh, I read about that. Sorry, didn't mean to disrespect Gaga in this time, and never do with any of my threads. I'm never trying to do that with my meltdowns. 

Maria Brink
1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I know Gaga is an artist and she doesn't create a video with the sole intent and purpose of going viral, but it still is disheartening to see her efforts receive less views. All About That Bass has two million while G.U.Y has 120 million combined? It's frustrating to see her recent videos struggle to reach milestones that are easily attainable by lesser artists. It makes it bittersweet. She's an artist with so much freedom, yet it doesn't reach the majority of the gp. 

I know! And I get that... People don't appreciate music and art like they used to. 

calmar
26 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

This has two billion views

What does this mean?

NOTHING.

To Psy's credit, he's incredibly hardworking and has had longevity in his native country of South Korea; Gangnam Style was not expected to become a worldwide phenomenon and many people treat him as if that's the only thing he's ever done, while it was actually a song off of his sixth album.

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

Whispering
13 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

What's today? 

Gaga just lost her best friend to cancer. VEVO views are not anything to be depressed about. 

Gaga has her health, her family, her many talents, a mansion in CA, a sold out world tour coming up, a movie and soundtrack coming out, a career she loves, and fans she loves that love her...all by the time she turned thirty. VEVO views mean NOTHING! 

giskardsb

Its clear that "stanning" is unhealthy for you. You need to figure out how to break from it for your own mental health. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived