💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Vevo Views Have Me Depressed

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

I'm defeated. I can't believe that How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris will reach one billion views before any Gaga video. Katy's video views had me shook. I know YouTube isn't everything, but I don't understand why Gaga struggles to even get Vevo certified in an age where that certification means nothing. I know it shouldn't mean anything, but views are how many people watch the video, it makes it a waste for Gaga to pour her heart and soul into something for lackluster reception. Why is she struggling? Does she need collabs? It seems everyone and their grandma has a video with one billion views, I'm confused.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iCpro

I thought you said your previous meltdown would be your last :oprah:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Dorothy Gale
Just now, iCpro said:

I thought you said your previous meltdown would be your last :oprah:

(God Willing) 

edgy

Why? It's not like they should mean anything to Gaga and most certainly not you at the end of the day.

Batwings

These other artists may be the most popular at the moment, but Gaga will have the most longevity and remain a legend and an icon. 

dit

Gaga hasn't been relevant in that aspect for years now unfortunately. It is what it is at this point. Let's just celebrate the views we do get now. It could be worse. I mean at least her pure sales make up for her ridiculously low VEVO views in a way.

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Logan said:

YouTube views don't equate to longevity.

Just now, Batwings said:

These other artists may be the most popular at the moment, but Gaga will have the most longevity and remain a legend and an icon. 

Throw more facts at me daddy!

giphy.gif

ZephyrInTheSky

I feel like Gaga is a "niche" artist. Shes kinda known for being a gay icon and that can put you in a box and maybe affect how many people listen to you (and ultimately affect your numbers). Rihanna doesn't have that image or title so everyone pretty much listens to her but people like Madonna, Cher, Britney, etc only gay guys and girls listen to them and support them pretty much lol

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Albertodift said:

Gaga hasn't been relevant in that aspect for years now unfortunately. It is what it is at this point. Let's just celebrate the views we do get now. It could be worse. I mean at least her pure sales make up for her ridiculously low VEVO views in a way.

I heard that Joanne was the only album to sell 500,000 in the US and not be certified as whatever. Streaming and Vevo is just frustrating as hell, it's important in today's climate. 

Dorothy Gale
Just now, DAR said:

I feel like Gaga is a "niche" artist. Shes kinda known for being a gay icon and that can put you in a box and maybe affect how many people listen to you (and ultimately affect your numbers). Rihanna doesn't have that image or title so everyone pretty much listens to her but people like Madonna, Cher, Britney, etc only gay guys and girls listen to them and support them pretty much lol

Yeah, straights rule the charts. As we know gays pay for their music, straights stream. Before gays had reign over charts, but now the few dedicated music buying gays can't compete with the streaming masses. 

dit
Just now, Dorothy Gale said:

I heard that Joanne was the only album to sell 500,000 in the US and not be certified as whatever. Streaming and Vevo is just frustrating as hell, it's important in today's climate. 

It absolutely is and good MVs are super important as well since it is good for your legacy to have a string of amazing mvs so that when ppl in the future want to look back at your discography they look at great mvs. Videos are usually the first thing ppl discover with an artist and they help legacies. Unfortunately Gaga has been struggling with her visuals since the BTW era and it has only gone down hill. What can we do though lol? It's up to Gaga and her team...

JustaMonster
2 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

It absolutely is and good MVs are super important as well since it is good for your legacy to have a string of amazing mvs so that when ppl in the future want to look back at your discography they look at great mvs. Videos are usually the first thing ppl discover with an artist and they help legacies. Unfortunately Gaga has been struggling with her visuals since the BTW era and it has only gone down hill. What can we do though lol? It's up to Gaga and her team...

Im still hoping for an amazing MV for The Cure :pray: 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Delulu Rogers

Once again it's all Gaga's doing! Not the gp or fans fault. Were the PI and MR music videos anything unique or special to gain that many views? Were the songs even  popular? Was PI even promoted? Gaga can easily get 1 billion views with a killer song with proper promo that has interesting visuals that are not released months after the single but she chooses not to. Not to mention she likes to make lengthy videos that nobody has the time for. I don't think I've ever gotten through BTW, Alejandro or MTN without skipping parts. 

Also I could easily have seen DWUW becoming her first 1 billion views video if it had a short, sexy MV with Xtina. The audio has like 55 million so the good song factor was already there

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived