💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

FORBES: Things Really Aren't Going Well For Katy Perry This Time Around

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

badboymonsterx

I don't feel bad for her tbh lol. She's rich as hell. Everyone gets criticized these days and Katy ain't exactly the pick of the pack when it comes to singing. She'll still do ok with Witness so who cares. Next 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What About Us

I hope she comes out alright.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

Pharamon

I dont feel bad for her... Why would I? She's still living her life as a rich popstar and she has everything she wants...? Time to grow up

bloody g

This is so bad... Pop divas are going extinct, we cannot let a single one of them flop anymore. This is not a competition anymore, this is survival :ohno:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Perfect ionist
6 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

well damn this truly is her ARTPOP era innit. but worse

What if next she makes an album with a different genre of music. My mind would be blown alway if it did happen and her image is much more simple.

My Enigma Heart

Next thing you know she'll be singing duets with Tony Bennett. :madge:

Batwings

Here's a theory I'm going to throw out there in regards to this fanbase and Katy Perry:

I don't think it's so much that a lot of people on GGD legitimately hate Katy. It has more to do with the fact that throughout their careers, it's seemed like Katy and Gaga have inadvertently always found themselves in competition with one another with Katy always seeming to come out on top with sales, streaming, charts, and general overall popularity. This is really the first time we've seen Katy stumble to quite this extent, and I think a few Gaga fans probably feel a bit of vindication in that.

That being said, it's pretty obvious that the media is starting to treat Katy the same way they treated Gaga during the ARTPOP era, and I really hope that Gaga fans aren't as malicious about it as other fanbases were when Gaga was the subject of the media's ire. 

doppelganger

Initially thought that Witness is her ARTPOP but it seems more and more like Glitter. Some similarities:

1. The media is savage on Katy (I don't remember ARTPOP being this bad)

2. A single that peaked high (CTTR: 4, Loverboy: 2) but still considered a flop

3. Katy's museum "art piece" is just as cringeworthy as Mariah handing ice cream at TRL

4. Both Katy and Mariah had astronomical success up to the point, and didn't know how to handle their first flop. I think Katy is more emotionally stable though.

DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, Batwings said:

This is really the first time we've seen Katy stumble to quite this extent, and I think a few Gaga fans probably feel a bit of vindication in that.

I'll be up front, this is definitely what I feel now since I could not fathom how somebody unable to sing and dance well is earning so much so easily compared to Gaga who has to do more effort to reach half the success she is being given. I don't want Katy to be over. I like her two latest singles. But I don't want mediocrity to be awarded either.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Batwings
40 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I'll be up front, this is definitely what I feel now since I could not fathom how somebody unable to sing and dance well is earning so much so easily compared to Gaga who has to do more effort to reach half the success she is being given. I don't want Katy to be over. I like her two latest singles. But I don't want mediocrity to be awarded either.

Part of me (:derpga:) feels like the Super Bowl performances really reinforced this, not just to Gaga fans, but perhaps to the general public as well. Gaga's performance was memorable for being a spectacular, thoughtful show with stellar vocals and meaningful messages where Katy's was memorable for... the left shark... 

Katie14
Just now, Batwings said:

Part of me (:derpga:) feels like the Super Bowl performances really reinforced this, not just to Gaga fans, but perhaps to the general public as well. Gaga's performance was memorable for being a spectacular, thoughtful show with stellar vocals and meaningful messages where Katy's was memorable for... the left shark... 

Exactly. Even if Katy was more popular in the moment, Gaga will be remembered positively and will go down as a legend in years to come. 

shame
12 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I feel like image plays such a big role. Katy is conventionally pretty; is seen as a sex symbol hence is popular among the GP. Her image and music is easy to sell since she caters to a wider demographic. Gaga is more of a flamboyant gay icon who is not very relatable with her fashion, music (at times) and persona. She gears towards the outliers which is far from a bad thing imo.

angels forever, forever angels

Archived