💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

SPIN : "Katy Perry is turning failure into a spectacle"

Monsterious

Featured Posts

PopBitch

I'm not usually interested in Katy's music, but this is the most intrigued I've been.  It's kind of an off-the-wall album it seems like from what we've heard so far, and her voice isn't as grating.  I think maybe this album could be a great album when you put the songs all together, just not a great singles album.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Words can't express how I feel

prometheus-my-reaction-when-i-let-go-a-s

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bujibu

Honestly, I hope the album tanks, only because I hope it spurs her in another direction. She can play guitar, so why not incorporate that into some more songs? Idk if she or her label is worried about her looking like Swift but God use all of your God given talents. Because if she's experiencing this now, and does the same thing for her next cycle, it'll be even worse. 

Like get better songwriters to help write better, meaningful lyrics, go for producers that have a long history in the industry spanning decades that have experience working with and bridging eras of music. Pop music is so inundated with similar sounding music and she's only adding to the cacophony. Say what you will about Miley but her thematic change seems to be helping her.

SHOOKGA

LEAVE KATY ALONE

her music is good and we should appreciate it.

Not very born this way of you 😫

StrawberryBlond
On 19/05/2017 at 8:49 PM, bujibu said:

Honestly, I hope the album tanks, only because I hope it spurs her in another direction. She can play guitar, so why not incorporate that into some more songs? Idk if she or her label is worried about her looking like Swift but God use all of your God given talents. Because if she's experiencing this now, and does the same thing for her next cycle, it'll be even worse. 

Like get better songwriters to help write better, meaningful lyrics, go for producers that have a long history in the industry spanning decades that have experience working with and bridging eras of music. Pop music is so inundated with similar sounding music and she's only adding to the cacophony. Say what you will about Miley but her thematic change seems to be helping her.

I think the same. A flop will inform her and her team that this style of music and image was a bad idea and she needs a new, different reinvention. And yes, using her guitar skills to make ballads is the obvious solution but the problem is, the public have never been all that accepting of her ballads. Yes, The One That Got Away and Wide Awake were hits but only because they came at the tail end of a highly successful era. As we saw with lesser successful eras, like One Of The Boys and Prism, a ballad at any point in the game causes a downfall. But even the exceptions could only go so far, hit-wise. None of Katy's ballads have ever gone to #1 in America. In fact, they were the only songs that didn't go to #1 during Teenage Dream. It's funny because I've commonly heard people saying that they do like her ballads but if that's the case, why aren't they buying them? And as for her vocals, well, the joke is that she can only sing when standing completely still, which is why only ballads work for her but the thing is, I've heard some truly terrible vocals from her ballads as well. Unconditionally is the prime suspect for that. Most of her ballads involve pushing her voice to places it can't go and it's doing her a big disservice. Her voice suits quiet little indie tunes, not big belting tunes. But I honestly think ballads are where she wants to go, maybe even her old pop rock style as well. But I have the feeling that her label won't let her, believing it won't sell. At the end of the day, Katy Perry is her stage name and Katy Perry is a brand. And Capitol have decided it's a distinctly poppy, trendy brand, hence the lack of any truly deep songs that aren't generic.

River

I don't like when a review is not reviewing the song..

At least tell her why the song is bad, be a professional and explain the negative points of this song..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

EdgeofTeeth

Bandwagon hate is so annoying, the media can hate all they want but Katy is serving her best music right now. I've never been able to stand her but I'm actually pretty excited for Witness.

NORMANDIE

We should stop spreading negativity on this site, even if it is towards other performers. 

Personally, I find offensive when someone is trying to express themselves through art and the world is focusing on how much money they make of it. 

This words come from a loving place. :hug:

Fiona Apple

Katy Perry is the only interesting thing in 2017's pop music

moonpig8400

I'm shocked she's apparently flopping i see her new songs bon appetite and chained to the rhythm on the TV all the time here in the UK. Is the media randomly pushing/propagating a flop narrative ? 

moonpig8400
Just now, moonpig8400 said:

I'm shocked she's apparently flopping i see her new songs bon appetite and chained to the rhythm on the TV all the time here in the UK. Is the media randomly pushing/propagating a flop narrative ? 

What are her sales and charts ??

Archived