society

Trump: Paid Parental Leave

Started by shoful with 23 replies so far

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/18/u-s-could-get-first-paid-family-leave-benefit-under-trump-plan/

"The president’s first detailed budget request on Tuesday will seek funds for the creation of a program to grant mothers and fathers six weeks of paid leave after the birth or adoption of a child, two senior White House budget office officials said.

The proposal for a family leave program was one of the few relatively large ticket items in a budget which is expected to contain sweeping reductions in spending on nondefense measures."

Since you all only focus on the negatives of the administration. I thought I'd enlighten you all:reductive:

1 person likes this

"President Trump’s budget proposal next week will include a new benefit for America’s working parents, one Democrats have long championed and Republicans have long opposed: paid family leave." 

Thank you Democrats. The GOP will not take credit for this even if they pass it. 

6 people like this

Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

"The United States is the only developed country that does not guarantee new mothers or fathers a single day of paid time off. Trump’s proposals would change that, but the six weeks of paid leave would still be much less than other industrialized countries." 

USA always doing the bare minimum and years late :rip: 

9 people like this

Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

He finally did something good and bipartisan! Ivanka has been talking about this a lot so I am glad she got Trump to pass it! 

1 person likes this

GGD Presidential Elections begin July 1

Damage Control seems to be in effect...

I agree, however, 6 weeks is very little. 

CouyILq.jpg

1 person likes this

cultus ad caelos, palutena. dea lucis.

4 minutes ago, Lady Palutena said:

Damage Control seems to be in effect...

I agree, however, 6 weeks is very little. 

CouyILq.jpg

Its better than 0 weeks :trollga:

4 people like this

They don't have paid parental leave in America? :laughga: Your country is f*cked, you couldn't pay me to live there.

10 people like this

I didn't even know Americans didn't get paid maternity/paternity leave! What is the US equivalent of National Insurance? In the U.K. we pay NI to cover things like maternity leave/state benefits/NHS etc 

For we are living in the age of the thing

Just now, shoful said:

Its better than 0 weeks :trollga:

It's still very little compared to most places and feels like a form of Damage Control.

CouyILq.jpg

1 person likes this

cultus ad caelos, palutena. dea lucis.

I'm confused, what happens if you're pregnant, you gave birth, you lose your job? 

don't ban me

Lmao good I guess? We're so far behind in everything, i can't believe it took this long :saladga: and this was 100% the democrats

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, shoful said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/18/u-s-could-get-first-paid-family-leave-benefit-under-trump-plan/

"The president’s first detailed budget request on Tuesday will seek funds for the creation of a program to grant mothers and fathers six weeks of paid leave after the birth or adoption of a child, two senior White House budget office officials said.

The proposal for a family leave program was one of the few relatively large ticket items in a budget which is expected to contain sweeping reductions in spending on nondefense measures."

Since you all only focus on the negatives of the administration. I thought I'd enlighten you all

Tax credits. This won't help those who are lower middle class and won't help the middle class enough to give the actual options for this time off.

Another program to help the upper middle class and upper class. 

2 people like this

Just now, kyanewest said:

I'm confused, what happens if you're pregnant, you gave birth, you lose your job? 

Most companies have some type of maternity leave. Those that don't, have sick says and vacation time. People will save up their vacation time and sick days for maternity leave, or even add a couple of weeks off without pay. If you have just started working somewhere and don't have sick days and vacation time built up, you will have to take those weeks off without pay. 

28 minutes ago, Slayer said:

They don't have paid parental leave in America?  Your country is f*cked, you couldn't pay me to live there.

Nope and we only get 6 weeks. I swear that men have to be making these policies because there's no way in ****ing hell that a woman is ready to go back to work 6 weeks after having a baby. I felt like I needed at least 3 months after my daughter was born 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

48 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Usually it depends on your job. Its not required for your job to give you that time off. So you'd have to use vacation/sick days