💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

nicki is off beat?

Sam Dey

Featured Posts

Sam Dey

is it me or is nicki off beat at 3:21?? After my first listen this was something I immediately noticed 

tumblr_niqn6uY5TG1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Spoiler

tbh the whole nicki verse bothers me cause it's so bad :sweat: it's like she's not even trying anymore

Sky del Blue

That's what happens when you put too many words in a verse and no one can understand you

moonpig8400

Kind of, I quite like it tho ! it gives it an "offbeat" tension / excitement 

I think maybe it was either intentional OR accidental and they liked it so left it 

HausofLenis
14 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

Leave the rapping to 90s beats to Azealia 

this.

Bebe

It's jarring to me, but only because she is referencing so much of Biggie's verse that I expect the same flow. 

I keep expecting

"A star's a star, da ha da ha
They never thought the swish god would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight cause I rhyme tight,
Time to get paid, blow up like the world trade."

But it's such a sharp difference that it messes with me.

I mean.. Juicy is such an iconic song, Biggie is such an iconic artist and he has such a distinctive flow that you already have an expectation of where the verse is going to go. It goes so totally left field and then the music pauses and it just feels so out of place, you know? I've heard Juicy so many times I know how it's supposed to end, I expect a certain ending and my brain is wired to release endorphins when it reaches that satisfying conclusion that I expect - when it doesn't do that it just feels wrong.

darkchylde

the whole song is off beat imo (not shade) cause i feel like verses never hit when they're supposed to. not sure if anyone else feels the same

Radio Ga Ga
1 hour ago, Entropy said:

the whole song is off beat imo (not shade) cause i feel like verses never hit when they're supposed to. not sure if anyone else feels the same

Know that you said it, I'm feeling it too!!!

In some parts, I feel like the beat is a few milliseconds later than it's suppose to be

SychosSoChic

And yet the rap and instrumental are still the best parts :tony:

Truffle Butter, her more basic yet older and funner big sister :tony:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived