9 minutes ago, Logan said:

Young Biden for President.

CobK-V4XEAAK6rk.jpg

:wtfga::creepflop:

• Like 2

shoful   Paws Up 5,260
shoful
34 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016? (Wendy William gif)

He was in office. Its a conflict of interest. He can run now just not while he was Vice president.Ā 

And I see no lies here:reductive:

• Like 1
"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bebe   Paws Up 12,119
Bebe
16 minutes ago, pie-kun said:

Meh, Biden doesn't really have a lot of room to talk about "not being a great candidate". Ā A lot of younger people only know Biden as Obama'sĀ lovable oaf sidekick, but he has a rather long history of scandals/gaffsĀ and in particular making controversial racial comments.Ā 

Also, I don't really think Biden is more left leaning than Hillary. Obama/Biden/Hillary all have/had very similar positions. They are all "Establishment Democrats" but for whatever reason Hillary is the only one who gets crap for it.

Ehh, I think Biden and Obama would have gotten flack last election in a primary against Bernie. The only reason Hillary got flack for being establishment last time around is because she ran at a time when people were totally sick of establishment politics and both parties had viableĀ populist, anti-establishment candidates. It was the state of American, and really world, politics at the time.

We can see it with Sanders/Trump in the US, from Brexit in the UK, from LePen in France and from the rise in candidates/parties like Pauline Hanson and One Nation in Australia.

I mean, on the Republican side of things, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio who where the only candidates really in the race with Trump both got flack for being career, establishment politicians.

Chuck Schumer has caught a lot of heat for being an Establishment politicianĀ and Minority leader:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/14/chuck-schumer-the-worst-possible-democratic-leader-at-the-worst-possible-time/

https://thinkprogress.org/schumer-millennial-protest-d5805fd7540f

http://www.mediaite.com/online/activists-hold-sit-in-in-chuck-schumers-office-to-protest-dem-party-establishment/

Obama was a newcomer who was framed as being thisĀ progressive and anti-establishment character in 2008 when campaigning. Then when facing re-election he was up against John McCain.Ā He didn't really have any strong, truly progressive or anti-establishment rivals.

It was different this time around, I'd also think Establishment candidates would have a difficult time in 2020 too.

• Like 1

ChaosAngelX69   Paws Up 5,460
ChaosAngelX69

Well, duh. Y'all really stanned only bc she a woman. I got over that real quick.Ā 

xoxoDerpanne   Paws Up 18,909
xoxoDerpanne
55 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

If Joe Biden runs in 2020 I'm sure he'd beat Trump in a landslide.Ā 

If Trump stays in office :green:Ā 

Where once we were putting honey on the cunts, now we're putting the cunts on the honey.

PaperIz   Paws Up 7,164
PaperIz

DidĀ he lie though? She was a TERRIBLE candidate.

• Like 1

SEANGT   Paws Up 1,402
SEANGT

Everyone that could run in 2020 pisses me off lately idk who I'm gonna vote for. Hopefully someone new comes along.Ā 

bujibu   Paws Up 462
bujibu

Like I don't entirely agree with his statement but it's kind of true. The DNC and the most vehement of Hillary's base thought she had it in the bag but underestimated middle America's feelings/goals like those in the coal industry.

She relied way too much on the heavily populated states like California, New York and a few swing states to carry her through andĀ she didn't campaign in vital states close to election dayĀ like Michigan.Ā 

There's a lot of things to blame for her losing/leading to her loss including:
-Sexism
-Comey and those damn emails, mere DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTION, which still have yet to yield any criminal evidence (because if they did the GOP would RACE to charge her)
-Jilted Bernie Bros who couldn't put their anger aside and voted Trump out of spite
-Her relation to Bill and his sordid historyĀ 
-DNC's shady activity toward Bernie, who had the support of Trump swing voters who gravitated toward his message
-Bernie himself to a degree
-PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T FREAKING VOTE

But at the end of the day Hillary and her campaign staff are ultimately the most to blame. They ran her campaign the way they did and underestimated that America would be willing to vote for a complete dolt.

• Like 1

Whispering   Paws Up 13,998
Whispering
2 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

I hope he runs in 2020, he can splinter the establishment vote and help Bernie get the nomination.

If Biden runs in 2020, he will beat Bernie out for the Democratic nomination. Biden could beat out Trump...or Pence...or whoever we end up with. Lol

Whispering
13 hours ago, PaperIz said:

DidĀ he lie though? She was a TERRIBLE candidate.

Your vote went toĀ a TERRIBLE candidate, one that was all tied up with the Putin mess. Look who was sitting at the head table with Flynn, and giving Putin a big standing O!Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Whispering
  • Like 2

Whispering
2 hours ago, Bebe said:

Ehh, I think Biden and Obama would have gotten flack last election in a primary against Bernie. The only reason Hillary got flack for being establishment last time around is because she ran at a time when people were totally sick of establishment politics and both parties had viableĀ populist, anti-establishment candidates. It was the state of American, and really world, politics at the time.

We can see it with Sanders/Trump in the US, from Brexit in the UK, from LePen in France and from the rise in candidates/parties like Pauline Hanson and One Nation in Australia.

I mean, on the Republican side of things, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio who where the only candidates really in the race with Trump both got flack for being career, establishment politicians.

Chuck Schumer has caught a lot of heat for being an Establishment politicianĀ and Minority leader:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/14/chuck-schumer-the-worst-possible-democratic-leader-at-the-worst-possible-time/

https://thinkprogress.org/schumer-millennial-protest-d5805fd7540f

http://www.mediaite.com/online/activists-hold-sit-in-in-chuck-schumers-office-to-protest-dem-party-establishment/

Obama was a newcomer who was framed as being thisĀ progressive and anti-establishment character in 2008 when campaigning. Then when facing re-election he was up against John McCain.Ā He didn't really have any strong, truly progressive or anti-establishment rivals.

It was different this time around, I'd also think Establishment candidates would have a difficult time in 2020 too.

Re-election was against Romney, who was a businessman, with a minimal amount of political experience. Except for being a one term governor, RomneyĀ was a sane, capableĀ "Trump". LolĀ 

Obama wasn't ant-establishment, but he was seen as progressive in many ways...but really was pretty moderate. It was more about his attitude and personality, his charisma than his policies, tbh.Ā 

Ā 

Look how the "anti-establishment" is turning out so far. Three fourths of the government jobs are still left unfilled. The state department is completely understaffed. Voters don't see anything getting done, but they do see a White House in complete disarray. Depending on what happens in the next couple of years, the American people may be ready to get back to someone experienced and prepared again. When theĀ "why not" is this disastrous, voters will more than likely pull back to the steady and what they have known before.Ā 

• Like 1

Whispering
3 hours ago, gagagoogoose said:

THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016? (Wendy William gif)

His son had just died of brain cancer. He was in a deep state of grief and felt that he needed to spend more time, not less, with his grieving family.Ā 

• Like 2

RAMROD   Paws Up 21,978
RAMROD

He didn't lie though, there should be female president some time, but it shouldn't be Hillary.

Also, I don't like her campaign the last time, some of her supporter doing it cos just the fact she is a woman. While some other did it out of desperation against that is behemoth called Trump and his cronies. It was catch 22 kind of election last year tbh.

On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink!

Bebe   Paws Up 12,119
Bebe
36 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Re-election was against Romney, who was a businessman, with a minimal amount of political experience. Except for being a one term governor, RomneyĀ was a sane, capableĀ "Trump". LolĀ 

Obama wasn't ant-establishment, but he was seen as progressive in many ways...but really was pretty moderate. It was more about his attitude and personality, his charisma than his policies, tbh.Ā 

Ā 

Look how the "anti-establishment" is turning out so far. Three fourths of the government jobs are still left unfilled. The state department is completely understaffed. Voters don't see anything getting done, but they do see a White House in complete disarray. Depending on what happens in the next couple of years, the American people may be ready to get back to someone experienced and prepared again. When theĀ "why not" is this disastrous, voters will more than likely pull back to the steady and what they have known before.Ā 

"Re-election was against Romney" true I got mixed up. He was hardly an anti-establishment candidate though - he took big money, he had his super pacs, he'd been in politics since 1994.

"Obama wasn't ant-establishment, but he was seen as progressive in many ways" No he wasn't anti-establishment at allĀ but that's how he was seen in the 2008 election:Ā https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/us/politics/obama-cleared-way-for-todays-outsider-candidates.html

"Look how the "anti-establishment" is turning out so far." I've never thought Trump was the right choice :laughga:Ā I don't think many anti-establishment progressives thoughtĀ so either. Even the alt-right that propelled him into office did so believing he would 'drain the swamp' and so on - breaking promises he made to them hasn't made them feel like those issues are no longer important, it's just made them angrier.

Anti-establishment =/= inexperienced.Ā Bernie SandersĀ is America's longest-serving independent politician in Congress, he is basically a career politician. Issues such as money in politics are still major issues for people though, look the recent controversy over Obama taking money from Wall Street. That was a controversy for progressives.

On the right, even despite Trump breaking his promises and failing to 'drain the swamp' anti-establishment feelings run high. I mean - all you need to do is look at the 'Fake News' comments directed at the establishment media. Wrong or right, the feelings are there. His support among Republican voters is still at 86% far higher than Establishment Republican leaders in Congress:
Ā http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-among-republicans-trump-more-popular-1487793074-htmlstory.htmlĀ 

Trump isn't makingĀ establishment politicians popular. Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in the country right now. Anti-Establishment Democrats still have their major issues with the Establishment Democrats and anti-establishment Republicans still have their issues.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/23/bernie-sanders-has-become-the-most-popular-politician-in-america-with-no-help-from-the-inside/

There have also been a couple of wins from progressive anti-establishment candidates lately:Ā 

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/Rhynhart-rode-anti-establishment-wave-to-top-of-controllers-race-.html

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/528774227/enthusiastic-democrats-lead-anti-establishment-da-candidate-to-victory

These sentiments have been building for years, and recent successes from Bernie and Trump (regardless of whether you think they are good or bad) has only energised their respective bases and created more belief and confidence that they can actually win.

Hopefully the U.S doesn't vote for someone as grossly incompetentĀ as Donald Trump, but he was hardly the first choice for anti-establishment progressives and anti-establishment republicans not only support Trump overwhelmingly, but their biggest gripes with him is when he betrays his populist and anti-establishment promises.

People hate Trump because he is stupid, incompetent and bigoted. They don't hate him because he is a Washington outsider.

Edited by Bebe