Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
question

Why does America have no interest in Katy Perry at all?

Featured Posts

PartySick   Paws Up 32,511
PartySick
26 minutes ago, Bradley said:

'the female MJ'

Maybe this is why I'll always hate her :neyde:

Spoiler

:ladyhaha:

The U.S. is a mess when it comes to musical taste so I wouldn't be too worried when your fave "flops" here :laughga: Katy's doing fine, right? :shrug: She may not be topping the charts but she's making music that her fans love and making a living off of that music. That's success imo :poot:

  • Like 7
1, 5, 10, lay a million WP's on you fools

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rescued   Paws Up 3,704
Rescued

Because she has released 3 singles in less than three months. You can smell the money hungry desperation :interestinga: 

It's not cute and she's getting what her basic ass deserves :interestinga:

  • Like 5
Oh, I'm just visiting-

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Panchecco   Paws Up 13,498
Panchecco
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Applause and Do What U Want and ARTPOP all sold millions of copies though. G.U.Y. only flopped because Gaga didn't even bother to promote it. She went on tour immediately.

So ARTPOP was adored by a huge segment of the audience.

yes I wasn't saying that it flopped, I never seriously considered that album/era a flop (in terms of copies/tickets sold) 

but I think at that point people were over the crazy "over the top" Gaga... I mean they liked her and her music but they didn't care that much about her "Gaga act", in fact as soon as she toned herself down and collaborated with Tony and made Joanne, a lot of people started paying attention to her for how "normal" she looked and how good her voice was 

I guess Katy can't really rely on her voice and make a "stripped down" Era and win people's attention back so even though Witness is different maybe the GP thinks it's not as "interesting" as her other popular records :shrug:

Edited by Panchecco
  • Like 1
www.facebook.com/PancheccoArt/

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORBIT   Paws Up 1,863
ORBIT
15 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Jennifer Lopez scored her #1 hit On the Floor at the age of 42.

Beyonce also charted pretty well with BEYONCE and Lemonade at the ages of 33 and 35, respectively.

Cher topped the Billboard Hot 100 with Believe in 22.

 

  • Like 1
xoxo, Ivy.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquarius   Paws Up 3,801
Aquarius

To be honest, I don't think this happens only in the US, it's happening in my country as well, which is like tiny compared to USA but whatever.

One of my classmates was like 'I heard the new Lady Gaga song, she's so different now, I like the song a lot, she always changes her genre, it's refreshing.' And then he went on (without my prompt) to talk about Bon Appetit & Katy, he said that 'Chained to the Rhythm was still okay, but the apple song :toofunny: is ****, and she shouldn't have cut her hair, she looks awful like this'

So, I feel that people are just not feeling her new music/sound like they used to.

Dreamer

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley   Paws Up 17,973
Bradley
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Maybe this is why I'll always hate her :neyde:

  Hide contents

:ladyhaha:

The U.S. is a mess when it comes to musical taste so I wouldn't be too worried when your fave "flops" here :laughga: Katy's doing fine, right? :shrug: She may not be topping the charts but she's making music that her fans love and making a living off of that music. That's success imo :poot:

I mean two songs out of the top 100 on the US iTunes? Seems a little extreme, doesn't it?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley   Paws Up 17,973
Bradley
Just now, Miss Gaga said:

Cher topped the Billboard Hot 100 with Believe in 22.

 

And?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Panchecco   Paws Up 13,498
Panchecco
46 minutes ago, Rescued said:

Because she has released 3 singles in less than three months. You can smell the money hungry desperation :interestinga: 

It's not cute and she's getting what her basic ass deserves :interestinga:

random people don't care about those things

artists release singles all the time (look at how many Nicki had in the last 3/4 months)

Edited by Panchecco
  • Like 1
www.facebook.com/PancheccoArt/

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley   Paws Up 17,973
Bradley
2 minutes ago, Zakariah said:

To be honest, I don't think this happens only in the US, it's happening in my country as well, which is like tiny compared to USA but whatever.

One of my classmates was like 'I heard the new Lady Gaga song, she's so different now, I like the song a lot, she always changes her genre, it's refreshing.' And then he went on (without my prompt) to talk about Bon Appetit & Katy, he said that 'Chained to the Rhythm was still okay, but the apple song :toofunny: is ****, and she shouldn't have cut her hair, she looks awful like this'

So, I feel that people are just not feeling her new music/sound like they used to.

Did they talk about John Wayne and The Cure? :sis:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquarius   Paws Up 3,801
Aquarius
Just now, Bradley said:

Did they talk about John Wayne and The Cure? :sis:

They said The Cure was very good, but no sign of JW tho :poot: 

Dreamer

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rescued   Paws Up 3,704
Rescued
Just now, Panchecco said:

random people don't care about those things

artist release singles all the time (look at how many Nicki had in the last 3/4 months)

God is punishing her for being a basic money hungry mess :giggle:

  • Like 2
Oh, I'm just visiting-

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley   Paws Up 17,973
Bradley
Just now, Zakariah said:

They said The Cure was very good, but no sign of JW tho :poot: 

Can Gaga just release a music video for The Cure already? It's so loved by the public and it charts well in fact it just returned to top 50 on Hot 100 this week. :saladga:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquarius   Paws Up 3,801
Aquarius
Just now, Bradley said:

Can Gaga just release a music video for The Cure already? It's so loved by the public and it charts well in fact it just returned to top 50 on Hot 100 this week. :saladga:

Ikr! It actually catapulted to #18 on my country's iTunes today, it was outside Top 50 just yesterday I think

Dreamer

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick   Paws Up 32,511
PartySick
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I mean two songs out of the top 100 on the US iTunes? Seems a little extreme, doesn't it?

Idk, I'm a MusicNotTheBlingster :poot: I know nothing about the charts :poot:

  • Like 2
1, 5, 10, lay a million WP's on you fools

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
kvnrp   Paws Up 20,773
kvnrp

For the same reasons Europeans have no interest in Gaga anymore :lolly:

  • Like 2
VOTE: RuPaul / Born Naked Megarate

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×