💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does America have no interest in Katy Perry at all?

Bradley

Featured Posts

yASSsss
8 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't remember doing that. :huh: I'm not even ictive on the charts thread

Anyway, I'll stop our discussion here cuz I don't want to get the treatment that you got, a trip to Afbanistan

HyhApe3.gif

that was a weak drag but A for the effort.

bye.

NlupF6x47jRvi.gif

OT: America is over Katy's fake 'woke' persona. She went from headlining Superbowl to selling cherry pies on the streets and even that couldn't help her song on the charts.says a lot about her declining star power

NlupF6x47jRvi.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moonpig8400

From my perspective here in the UK her latest songs seem a bit more casual and chillaxed like a Drake track or something -- I had no idea of a flop! 

I don't actually know what her chart placements are here, but I've seen her music video for Chained To The Rhythm (which at first I found quite boring and banal lol!) played quite a lot on TV, and I just saw Bon Apetit played! 

Until I saw threads like these about her I would've never have known she was "flopping". 

But are low chart placements what constitutes a flop? 

Because many songs can have not-so-high chart placements, but still FEEL quite ubiquitous, edgy, and POPULAR with the kids. Like I don't think a lot of Nicki Minaj's songs chart THAT high here in the UK (except for Superbass) but she always feels current, contemporary, and I always here of her songs played on TV. Same with Drake. Or Lana Del Rey. 

Compared with GAGA when ARTPOP came out -- I DEFINITELY *FELT* the SLIP and it was shocking! And her album was number 1 still ! Because ARTPOP was SUPPOSED to be an EPIC GRAND ERA as we expected it of her!

I guess it's all relative/comparative. I always liked Katy but she never made extraordinary work to my ears, just fun pop, so if she's less high in the charts with this new album I'm not shocked or jarred as I was with Gaga cos again Gaga was always like a comet on fire coming down to earth with all these grand performances. 

Same with Rihanna she seems very casual / doesn't really care and doing whatever lol. 

But Rihanna's and Katy's latest works seem to have the chillaxed/ambient/urban vibe & production. 

So they sit in a certain space in popular culture where they might be lower down the charts but edgy enough to feel extremely 'relevant'. In a way because of this they feel like the cool tracks that only the kids know about while the mainstream buy Taylor Swift or something lol !!!!!

I'm just wondering if this translates to anyone in the US ???? Or if in the US it actually feels like a flop???

Lady Palutena

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Katy nor her label cannot seriously churn out the same sound and content and expect to smash each time. That's not the way the music industry works. Times change, sound changes, and people change. If Katy cannot change her sound, or her vision in a way that she can benefit from then she's doomed to be left behind.

CouyILq.jpg

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

PartySick
3 hours ago, Derpplause said:

Katy wishes she had his talents :lolly: 

Doesn't everyone? :flutter: Imho Gaga's the only one that comes close and if anyone should hold the title of "female MJ", it's her :firega:

...or Beyonce since she's a lot like Michael as well :huh:

🖤

Thomas P
5 hours ago, Bradley said:

Does that mean Adele's next album will flop?

I really hope so. I love Adele but she doesn't need another one of the world's best selling albums in her discography. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Doesn't everyone?  Imho Gaga's the only one that comes close and if anyone should hold the title of "female MJ", it's her 

...or Beyonce since she's a lot like Michael as well

Gaga's the female Bowie or Elton. 

Beyonce has been sort of solidified as the female Michael.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Arcanum

America does show attention to Katy Perry. And she is still successful.. I mean she is still charting, her songs are played at radio, she has her moments in huge TV shows.  It's just that she is not *that* successful as she was back in the day. That makes her do strange gimmicks cause she is determined for no.1 hits. 

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Chromatislaps
37 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Doesn't everyone? :flutter: Imho Gaga's the only one that comes close and if anyone should hold the title of "female MJ", it's her :firega:

...or Beyonce since she's a lot like Michael as well :huh:

nah both don't have the over the top crazy crowds like at the bad Tour/Dangerous Tour... yes they have screaming messes at the front...but MJ's crowds were something else :giveup: 

Zombie
2 hours ago, Lady Palutena said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Katy nor her label cannot seriously churn out the same sound and content and expect to smash each time. That's not the way the music industry works. Times change, sound changes, and people change. If Katy cannot change her sound, or her vision in a way that she can benefit from then she's doomed to be left behind.

CouyILq.jpg

she CLEARLY is changing her sound, at least with SSB and BA

LaLuna

Why is it such a big deal though? It's basically impossible to stay on top forever. Why is that so hard to understand? 

More importantly, why does this cult site cares so damn much what happens to Katy's career :saladga:

Delulu Rogers

Everyone is entitled to their flops, and that doesn't mean she is over or that America has written her off. It's a combination of her music not being interesting enough to attract attention and male artists dominating the industry ATM. Up until 2015, it was all females that were popular and now that seems to have shifted in the second half of the decade which is totally fine. The industry is always changing and as a result singers may or may not adapt well to the new interests of the GP

Fish
11 hours ago, Bradley said:

Applause and Do What U Want and ARTPOP all sold millions of copies though. G.U.Y. only flopped because Gaga didn't even bother to promote it. She went on tour immediately.

So ARTPOP was adored by a huge segment of the audience.

GUY is a bad song. truth/ 

OOPS22

She lacks something very crucial. The GP is starting to WITNESS her lack of.....

Spoiler

Talent. :trollga:

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

Archived