Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does America have no interest in Katy Perry at all?

Bradley

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

Because talent always wins.Ā :bye:

āšÆĶ›

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
15 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Bon Appetit and Swish Swish were #1?

I already talked about BA, one flop single doesnt mean they are over her. SS was releasd like 12 hours ago so I wont even bother.

Ā 

13 minutes ago, gagzus said:

She's has almost tripleĀ the amount of flop singles that Gaga has, so what is your point?Ā 

She has 6 flops. BA, Rise, This Is How We Do, Birthday, Unconditionally and Thinking of You.Ā 

Gaga has: MTN, DWUW, GUY, PI and TC. I'm not counting MR, cuz even tho it flopped worldwide, it managed to enter the top 5 on the biggest music market.

So no, they have equal amount of flops.

YourWhiskyMouth

Pretty much everything has already been said and is spot on. Also, in America, different music has a different level of coolness factor to it and younger people are very aware and conscious of how others perceive them based on their music taste. This effect has only multiplied in the last couple years with memes, streaming and the proliferation ofĀ internet culture in general. It is much cooler to like someone hip and edgy like Bebe Rexha or Migos than established acts that moms know of and like such as Katy Perry.

Katy obviously realized this by her going for an edgier haircut, making her music less bubblegum, featuring rappers (especially Migos) and taking shots at Trump to appeal to the hip, woke young crowd...so far it'sĀ backfiring because it's forcedĀ and I don't ever see her being the cool personĀ to listen to with your friendsĀ in America.

Bradley
8 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I already talked about BA, one flop single doesnt mean they are over her. SS was releasd like 12 hours ago so I wont even bother.

Ā 

She has 6 flops. BA, Rise, This Is How We Do, Birthday, Unconditionally and Thinking of You.Ā 

Gaga has: MTN, DWUW, GUY, PI and TC. I'm not counting MR, cuz even tho it flopped worldwide, it managed to enter the top 5 on the biggest music market.

I'm not a hater. I've defended her when you weren't around. But I'm not going to pretend her songs aren't flopping when they are.

Btw, Perfect Illusion peaked at #15 on Hot 100. Do What U Want at #13 and sold 1.2 million copies in the US getting a platinum certificationĀ without a video.

The Cure isĀ still withinĀ top 50, and has stayed on the US iTunes chart longer than Perry's songs do,Ā without a video.

So Gaga has threeĀ songs which flopped - Marry the Night and G.U.Y. and Perfect Illusion.

Edit: I included Perfect Illusion but not The Cure even if PI peaked and sold better because PI was a lead single and The Cure is not. The Cure is alsoĀ not promoted at all, it doesn't even have a video.

Nick1495

I think it's cause she doesn't give a f**k anymore. She's doing what she wants, Ā not what everyone else wants. You'll see that Witness will probably be her most deviant album to date, probably what Prism should've been.Ā 

yASSsss
39 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

A #1 is a #1. Why are going into details like that?

but why do you keep calling MR a flop,didn't it peak at #4? :oprah:Ā 

a #4 is a #4 afterall :oprah:Ā 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

ctherainbow

Well, if you ask a lot of international members here, America is a flop that can't do anything right, so idk. Ā Maybe Katy is supposed to be slaying and we're just ****ing it up? Ā  Ā Ā :classy:Ā 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

MaryJaneHolland
11 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

but why do you keep calling MR a flop,didn't it peak at #4? Ā 

a #4 is a #4 afterall Ā 

Did you read my previous comment?

Chromatislaps
6 hours ago, PartySick said:

Maybe this is why I'll always hate her :neyde:

Katy wishes she had his talentsĀ :lolly:Ā 

holy scheisse

Is that rely the case? I feel like swish swish could slay lol is it a single or just a promo singleĀ 

jaXXXon
46 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Ā 

On what planet is The Cure a flop? Last I checked, it's a Top 5 radio smash in the UK, Top 10 in Australia and #22 on the Global Singles Chart WITHOUT PROMO OR MUSIC VIDEO.

yASSsss
44 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Did you read my previous comment?

I don't need to.I remember your olderĀ posts calling TCĀ a flop,making fun of it's chart positions etc.

don't try with me.

HyhApe3.gif

Ā 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Shipper

Dr Luke is the actual member of the illuminati and not Katy.Ā 

šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•šŸ“¦šŸ’•

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, yASSsss said:

I don't need to.I remember your olderĀ posts calling TCĀ a flop,making fun of it's chart positions etc.

don't try with me.

HyhApe3.gif

Ā 

I don't remember doing that. :huh: I'm not even ictive on the charts thread

Anyway, I'll stop our discussion here cuz I don't want to get the treatment that you got, a trip to Afbanistan

HyhApe3.gif

Archived