Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Katy Perry - Swish Swish ft. Nicki Minaj

manicholic

Featured Posts

Shaney
43 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

How low have our expectations fallen to be calling this a BOP? This is just... :wtf: 

This song is complete trash. It's lyrics read as if jealous twelvies have written them. The beat sounds like it's been thrown together in a couple of minutes by an amateur. 

Honestly, I despise the Witness era. She's got no game this time round. The quality of the music.. it's not even half arsed; that would be complimenting it. 

Seriously.. i'm shocked at how many people are praising it... I don't dislike Katy by any means, but the sis is just plain and simple releasing horrible music. Not even "boppable".

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
1 hour ago, Baduizm said:

This song is....

confusing...

between Katy's lifeless vocals, the mention of expired coupons, shellfish references, the word "bish" and a Nicki Minaj verse??? I'm sorry I can't.

She's talking about Taylor here :emma:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, Relevant said:

She's talking about Taylor here :emma:

lady-gaga-wears-seashell-bikini-to-meet-

Shaney
1 minute ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

CTTR >>>>>>>> Both Swish Swish and Bon Appetit tbh

I like BA the most out of all of them.. 

Dominic

Better than CTTR but not as good as BA. Only Katy could make me like a Nicki verse. It's a bop, can't wait To hear it in clubs.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

LustforLuke
1 minute ago, Bae said:

I like BA the most out of all of them.. 

Same! I actually don't think its that bad of a song!

Wild

I actually have grown to like Katy, however this song is just lacking something. The verses are clunky but I kind of like them, and I really like the pre-chorus but the chorus itself is so meh.. I feel like that has been a major problem with her new music. The chorus's are either bad or indistinguishable.  

PMKKARDASHiAN

I was ready to stan katy this era! You hear me?! Ready! 

Cttr was a let down but the instrumental was flawless

BA was actually a decent song but migos ruined it 

SS is a failed attempt to sound throwback and edgy using literally the queen of features (who I actually like)

Witness should have been released from the start. 

But watch it be yet another collab with yet another black artist so katy can yet again try to seem cool. 

I shoulda stanned katy during TD and Prism but I couldn't get past the stan wars! 

This song is garbage

Batwings

I like the music and the beat. The lyrics and the deep "Dark Horse" voice are cringey. I actually like Nicki's part, and it doesn't feel superfluous like a lot of rap features.

PI Floppedt

Katy has been churning out some really amazing bops this era, but it's sad that it's been badly hampered by poor marketing and things from the past coming back to haunt her and sabotage her career. I genuinely adore Swish Swish - Katy's lyrical sense has never been better and the 90s garage-dance sound really suits her vocals.

I don't actually hate PI

migamiga

What's the sample? It sounds really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. (Nvm realized it's Truffle Butter/What They Say)

In terms of the songs, very lackluster. I get she's trying to do something different but it just doesn't work and feels very try hard

CaliLilMonster

This is slaying me! I love it! The intro is kinda awkward though.

blackpink

This 90s deep house anthem has been on repeat. :music:

I can imagine Naomi Campbell leading a catwalk whilst bumping to this in the early 2000s. 

Archived