💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Marry The Night flop?

Perfect ionist

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI

Marry The Night had some FarmVille deal on the start of the BTW era and MTW was actually used as a promo single first. MTN didn't had a momentum it deserved. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shmal96
7 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Most casual listeners would never understand what the **** she was trying to say with those lyrics.

It really is not a catchy song and the ending of the song is full of "screaming" and we know the GP don't like that.

The video was super long and for a non Gaga fan super boring too.

Yeah all of this. It's a song+music video made for her fans; to a casual listener they won't know wtf she's trying to say/the message. 

Red Velvet

It wasn't a underperformed single, it was actually a moderate hit in USA, when you get to the Top 40, you will know that you have a moderate hit. Those are the same reasons for Venus, Hair, Perfect Illusion and Do What U Want. I hate when Gaga have those screams in the end, that is why it wasn't a Top 10 hit, and also the video , that is why it did not crack the Top 5.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

ThisGuyTony

It was released at the end of the year and overshadowed by Christmas music on radio, ITunes, etc.

9XVDFsw.gif

WildAmerican

It went Gold in the US (PI....) and Silver in the UK (MR......) which is something the Joana hasn't done yet.

LaLuna

I was the 5th single, I guess people had had enough by then. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

I have no idea I just know that I rewatched the whole video cause it is THAT good. I love it so much and it ages so goddamn beautifully.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Probglum

In addition to what other members have said, she also waited too long to release it as a single too. Also, Marry The Night replaced Scheisse as she single (which was chosen by fans)

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

FentyGa
16 hours ago, River said:

Because the song is too noisy especially at the end. like when the song ends I always felt so relief that there is finally silence..

The last minute is the best bit of the entire BTW albumhuh.gif

Spoiler

Other than Americano

FentyGa
16 hours ago, Fernster7 said:

Most casual listeners would never understand what the **** she was trying to say with those lyrics.

It really is not a catchy song and the ending of the song is full of "screaming" and we know the GP don't like that.

Not just a non Gaga fan 
giphy.gif?response_id=591f2ddef5ba517c52

The Child
16 hours ago, Fernster7 said:

That's false so many people around me actually watched the whole video and they weren't even fans to begin with.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived