Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Marry The Night flop?

Perfect ionist

Featured Posts

Perfect ionist

As we all know MTN flopped but it's probably in my opinion the most well written song by her .

Im just wondering why did it flop really bad?

I love the song she mentioned it was suppose to be a lead Single for Born This Way but was chosen against 1. BTW 2. Judas 3. TEOG 4. You and I. 

WHY DO YOU GUYS FREAKING HATE THE SCREAMS WHY? I LOVED THE SCREAMS

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Girrr

Couple of reasons: the most common excuse being overexposed to the GP. After a hype-filled era and four previous singles in the span of less than a year, it's possible people were tired of her. I personally think the music video was far too long for people to sit through, and thus it didn't really push the song. There's a general consensus that if it were the lead, though, it would have slayed. 

PMKKARDASHiAN

Because gaga was incredibly overexposed

Because gaga had a very tempestuous album cycle

It was the 5th single

The video could be considered too long

People were over gaga at this point

It would have happened with any song she released at that point

androiduser

considering it was the 5th single, I wouldn't call it a flop, it has underperformed for such a great song, but wouldn't call it a major flop

freebit

She was overexposed, but IDK, I think if something is going to be a hit and people respond to it, there's really nothing that can stop it. I think it's possible that while we love it, most people weren't feeling it quite the way we were. 

Saint Hollywood

After 4 successful singles, I'm not surprised that Marry The Night flopped :madge:

Then again, the GP has crappy taste :madge:

androiduser
2 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

After 4 successful singles, I'm not surprised that Marry The Night flopped :madge:

Then again, the GP has crappy taste :madge:

So they had good taste during the first 4 singles, then they started having bad taste for the 5th single, then good taste again for Applause, bad taste for ARTPOP, good taste again for C2C, bad again for Perfect Illusion, good again for Million Reasons and the Superbowl and so on and so on... wow

Saint Hollywood
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

So they had good taste during the first 4 singles, then they started having bad taste for the 5th single, then good taste again for Applause, bad taste for ARTPOP, good taste again for C2C, bad again for Perfect Illusion, good again for Million Reasons and the Superbowl and so on and so on... wow

:poot:

Star

Did you really have to remind me of the bad time?

dhCZQJg.gif

River

Because the song is too noisy especially at the end. like when the song ends I always felt so relief that there is finally silence..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Fernster7

Most casual listeners would never understand what the **** she was trying to say with those lyrics.

It really is not a catchy song and the ending of the song is full of "screaming" and we know the GP don't like that.

The video was super long and for a non Gaga fan super boring too.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

MEDONER

Because it sucks, not single material in any way, and it's just as bad as an album opener.

KooKoo
2 minutes ago, MEDONER said:

Because it sucks, not single material in any way, and it's just as bad as an album opener.

giphy.gif

Dreaming is free

Archived