💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Monsters complain about Gaga filming experience on set

Noah X

Featured Posts

Nicole

They were notified exactly when they were entitled to when they bought the $6 ticket. Yes, getting one slice of pizza sucks but it's not worth crying over. Paid extras are just that - paid extras. Acting is their job and thus are entitled to worker benefits just like you would be at your workplace, even if it is a few extra slices of pizza.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

LOL cry me a river, some people are just so spoiled.

Nobody said they will be served F&B, it's pretty much like a show, you paid for it and you got to see the filming  and participate in person. The rest you should take care of yourself. They are generous enough to actually provides a bottle of water. They can always ignore you altogether being extras. Like, who did they think they are? Jennifer Lawrence? Uber food some pizza or something if you're hungry. Tisk tisk tisk

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I bet the people who wrote these were SO hangry at time of writing and that is why they are furious :sweat:

9 hours ago, Kenon Sings said:

"Can we get at least more than one bottle of water? Or a cup of free coffe when it's COLD! Is so unfair to get only a hot dog or piece of pizza with a bottle of water or soda, and when u ask this people for one more bottle of water they blatantly say NO WE CAN'T! bitch we are doing you a favor, on top of that we are paying instead of getting paid ,we aren't getting **** from this ,so how about be more considerate,kind and human and also don't make us wait for so long and keep changing the damn schedule is so fuxking rude and disrespectful!!!"

"have you ever been on a set? Let me tell you, when you have to PAY to be there (never happens) you better be treated better than those who are getting paid. There are PAID extras who get food and beverages that are WAY better than what we get. They don't take it seriously either. Being Gaga fans, I see the business side and how smart this was but Monsters should be treated better considering they need us but they're making us pay. They made us wait 6 hours before giving us anything to eat, some of us traveled to be a part of this, and you can buy food but why does everyone else get food paid by production and we get 1 hot dog or 1 slice of pizza and 1 bottle? We are actually a part of the movie and the crew, better yet we are paying for this. Money goes to the BTW Foundation but this isn't exactly fair. It's not cool. It's not terrible but it's not cool."

Katie14

I went to the snl filming and now that I think about it, we didn't get fed until 6 hours after we were there, we couldn't go to the bathroom exactly when we wanted to, and the male security were pretty mean/rude. The women were nice though. But those were such little things and i wasn't bothered at all. Okay, the male security made me upset but only because they were telling us not everyone would get let in (which wasn't true). I was just so happy to be there and it makes me sad that some fans didn't appreciate this opportunity when others would have killed for their spot.

It people are bored, uncomfortable, hungary, ECT they can leave. Nobody is forcing them to stick around. I never expected being an extra to be a physically comfortable or 100% entertaining experience. I expected a lot of waiting around, to be Hungary at times, and to be used as needed. Extras are not the priority.

migamiga
16 hours ago, Katie14 said:

How was the experience? Can you or anyone else who went write up something like I did a few days ago after I was at the SNL filming? 

I think there were a couple threads where people posted about their experience. I went to the 5/3 taping at the Greek. I honestly wasn't expecting much I was just happy to be in the same room/space as Gaga. I heard some stories about the previous night- how they start filming til around 10ish (call time at 7pm), Gaga didn't even film any scenes but came out to say hi and thank you, and the filming not ending til pretty late. 

I got there around 6ish since I was afraid they would start filming late like the previous night. There was a huge line outside the venue- I was so shocked. It moved pretty quickly though. Everyone was given a wristband with a number (which was later used to draw raffle prizes). Before we entered we were give a locked pouch to hold our phones. If we wanted to use it we had to go in this small barricaded area to use it. Upon entry, we were given a meal ticket (one hot dog and a water) which we could use before 9pm. We were greeted by a "guide" who informed us loosely what was happening that day (a lot of gaga scenes, meal ticket, seating arrangement, etc). Then we were taken to our seats and I would say maybe an hour or hour an a half later Bradley came out. Not long after that we saw Gaga and she said hi and thanked us all.

Filming began not long after that. They filmed the same scene the entire night but did multiple takes with different angles, different cameras, etc. There were some longer breaks in between takes. To give us an incentive to stay longer, they did raffle drawings for prizes ($50 giftcards for things like Starbucks, Joanne merch, BTWF merch, Love Bravery collection, saving tour tickets for the last drawing). Towards the end (I would say midnight). The band on stage started freestyling and jamming with Bradley. Then gaga came out and modestly sang background vocals. After they performed a song, everyone looked at gaga to perform. I don't remember this too much right now but I wanna say she sang with Bradley in front for another song and then after that she shyly ran to the piano and started playing. At that point EVERYONE rushed to the front of the stage. She sang MR and then You and I and it was amazing :giveup:. I even made eye contact with her a couple times :giveup: It was also cool cause people didnt have their phones in front of their faces. We were all just singing and creaming ourselves. 

I left not long after that (I think they said gaga was done filming or whatever) but I was so impressed with the whole experience. I felt like everyone went above and beyond to accommodate us when we were just a bunch of extras. They didn't have to feed us, give away prizes, have gaga sing to us, etc. I was so grateful for the entire experience which is why I'm so baffled that people complained but hey :madge:

Katie14
21 minutes ago, F AM E said:

I think there were a couple threads where people posted about their experience. I went to the 5/3 taping at the Greek. I honestly wasn't expecting much I was just happy to be in the same room/space as Gaga. I heard some stories about the previous night- how they start filming til around 10ish (call time at 7pm), Gaga didn't even film any scenes but came out to say hi and thank you, and the filming not ending til pretty late. 

I got there around 6ish since I was afraid they would start filming late like the previous night. There was a huge line outside the venue- I was so shocked. It moved pretty quickly though. Everyone was given a wristband with a number (which was later used to draw raffle prizes). Before we entered we were give a locked pouch to hold our phones. If we wanted to use it we had to go in this small barricaded area to use it. Upon entry, we were given a meal ticket (one hot dog and a water) which we could use before 9pm. We were greeted by a "guide" who informed us loosely what was happening that day (a lot of gaga scenes, meal ticket, seating arrangement, etc). Then we were taken to our seats and I would say maybe an hour or hour an a half later Bradley came out. Not long after that we saw Gaga and she said hi and thanked us all.

Filming began not long after that. They filmed the same scene the entire night but did multiple takes with different angles, different cameras, etc. There were some longer breaks in between takes. To give us an incentive to stay longer, they did raffle drawings for prizes ($50 giftcards for things like Starbucks, Joanne merch, BTWF merch, Love Bravery collection, saving tour tickets for the last drawing). Towards the end (I would say midnight). The band on stage started freestyling and jamming with Bradley. Then gaga came out and modestly sang background vocals. After they performed a song, everyone looked at gaga to perform. I don't remember this too much right now but I wanna say she sang with Bradley in front for another song and then after that she shyly ran to the piano and started playing. At that point EVERYONE rushed to the front of the stage. She sang MR and then You and I and it was amazing :giveup:. I even made eye contact with her a couple times :giveup: It was also cool cause people didnt have their phones in front of their faces. We were all just singing and creaming ourselves. 

I left not long after that (I think they said gaga was done filming or whatever) but I was so impressed with the whole experience. I felt like everyone went above and beyond to accommodate us when we were just a bunch of extras. They didn't have to feed us, give away prizes, have gaga sing to us, etc. I was so grateful for the entire experience which is why I'm so baffled that people complained but hey :madge:

That sounds amazing!!! How many extras were there and what scene was filmed?

monsterdino

Ugh to be honest the gays in LA and NYC are so priviliged and annoying, they are basically free to be gay unlike some other countries and like some of us don't even get to see our favourite artists perform in our country, and yet they get to see their favourite artist everyday infront of hotel and get picture with her and on top of that get to see many festivals (like Coachella) and get to gigs like ASIB filming where u pay only few bucks to see Lady Gaga perform INFRONT of you AND have a little chat with her at the end. I can only wish to experience that, they're so disrespectful and don't know how lucky they actually are.

NIghtmareElm

Stupid brats.  Be thankful you are on a Hollywood set.  Guess what? The entertainment business isn't fair.  Deal with it.

Dorothy Gale

They need to toughen up. They said they needed coffee because it was too cold? Isn't this being filmed in California? :toofunny: And pizza? Come on now. It's one thing to expect water, but you're literally getting a mini-concert from Gaga for $6 and will be featured in a film with a theatrical release. It's hardly a tough job. If you drove 6 hours for this I could understand, but that's a lot of driving for this type of gig. I live too far, but even as a Gaga stan I don't think I could justify more than a 2 hour drive to see something like this. 

Whispering
21 hours ago, River said:

They need to complain to the production team not to Gaga, she's just another worker for this movie..

Those bitches saw her for 5$ and asking for more.. bring a ****ing bottle of water from home you cheap people.. I always have bottle with me when I'm going out! a little bit of responsibility is not going to kill them..

This! And a protein bar, or a package of peanut butter crackers...something! 

Blueskye

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and you were invited to be a part of it if you wanted to be. No one is forcing you to be there. You don't deserve to be treated greater than those who are actually there doing their job when you essentially are there just for the experience. What kind of self entitled nonsense. 

Katie14
37 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

They need to toughen up. They said they needed coffee because it was too cold? Isn't this being filmed in California? :toofunny: And pizza? Come on now. It's one thing to expect water, but you're literally getting a mini-concert from Gaga for $6 and will be featured in a film with a theatrical release. It's hardly a tough job. If you drove 6 hours for this I could understand, but that's a lot of driving for this type of gig. I live too far, but even as a Gaga stan I don't think I could justify more than a 2 hour drive to see something like this. 

I traveled 5 hours :toofunny: The desperation to see Gaga is real haha. 

Buddy

They could have left any time they wanted lmao

Girl when I was there they gave us giant bags of free chips (and we could have as many bags as we want), they did raffles for free Gaga merch and Coachella tickets (like 100 or so items), provided us with free water all day, fed us lunch boxes (sandwich, chips, cookies), and we could leave whenever we wanted. All we had to do was STAND for a couple of hours, literally

Archived