Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

The ALL NEW Charts Discussion Thread

Jase

Featured Posts

Gagamel
1 minute ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

I thought the album sales only count if the price of the tickets includes the ticket + album. So unless she's adding $15 for the album I'm pretty sure Billboard won't count it

that doesn't really make sense because she can just "lower" the ticket prices for the tour for 15$ and then add them back up with the album prices or smth, or simply claim that 15$ of the ticket price is the album idk

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga Monster
2 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

omg

coming for a huge tour again

&&&&&&& a lot of albums sales thanks to tickets sold

Her tour didn't even go on sale yet and she is already adding dates:toofunny::toofunny: The tour tickets go on sale this Monday 

GGD Presidential Elections

BLACKOUTbritney
Just now, Gagamel said:

that doesn't really make sense because she can just "lower" the ticket prices for the tour for 15$ and then add them back up with the album prices or smth, or simply claim that 15$ of the ticket price is the album idk

I just remember reading something about a rule of them not counting bundles as album sales as of recently because of Metallica. Idk but I guess if this thing works to make sales look better every artist will probably do it as of their next album

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

I thought the album sales only count if the price of the tickets includes the ticket + album. So unless she's adding $15 for the album I'm pretty sure Billboard won't count it

BB counted The Chainsmokers' bundle without any *

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

OOPS22

Back again GGD. 

giphy.gif?response_id=591fa76eefc9bc8215

Shocked to see Iggy still so low on iTunes. What the heck?!

Spoiler

No surprise that Katy hasn't reached the top 10 though. :ladyhaha:

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

BLACKOUTbritney
5 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

BB counted The Chainsmokers' bundle without any *

I didn't know that I thought their sales didn't include tour bundles. They should at least release the numbers so we can see what they sold without bundles. I guess everyone will probably start doing this with their albums tho

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

I didn't know that I thought their sales didn't include tour bundles. They should at least release the numbers so we can see what they sold without bundles. I guess everyone will probably start doing this with their albums tho

Yeah, these days, what artists need to do:

1 - release quick singles with as much features as you can for maximum streaming potential

2 - release an album but bundle it with your tour because tours are the only way to really earn $

3 - release a new track and add it to the album as a re-release to add even more to your sales

The standard strategy of releasing a strong cohesive body of work is not so effective anymore because of streaming.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

pedrohemg

Do the fans have the option to buy only the ticket without the album? If not, I think Billboard won't count it. They refused to count the 1M copies of ANTI Samsung bought because it doesn't represent actual sales although Samsung distributed them to their customers.

emig09
19 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Do the fans have the option to buy only the ticket without the album? If not, I think Billboard won't count it. They refused to count the 1M copies of ANTI Samsung bought because it doesn't represent actual sales although Samsung distributed them to their customers.

Madonna did it with MDNA and she debuted at #1

gay engineer

DeanWinchester

Less than 700k streams to reach 100m

Stream it, fats! We need that Diamond Certification

tumblr_msnqq3r3Og1sg119yo1_500.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

pedrohemg
1 minute ago, emig09 said:

Madonna did it with MDNA and she debuted at #1

Well, it was in 2012. Billboard is constantly changing their rules.

JustAnotherDay

15 new/bands with the one guy who passed songs above Gaga :neyde:

was NickARTPOP

nathantj594

This new thread sucks. I shouldn't have to sift through Katy's **** to get my Gaga Chart info. Is The Cure gonna comeback or is it dying?

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

This new thread sucks. I shouldn't have to sift through Katy's **** to get my Gaga Chart info. Is The Cure gonna comeback or is it dying?

read the front page before complaining

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustaMonster
4 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

There are going to be updates on the front page of the thread everyday so you dont have to dig through it.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

• Zilla unfeatured and featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • Zilla locked and unpinned this topic

Archived