Lady Gaga - Heal Me (Snippet)

Celestica

Featured Posts

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z
2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

It's a 30 second snippet, mainly vocals and you are already saying it's a new, fresh, never heard before sound...c'mon try to be objective. 

She basically sing one part just like the "So baby tell me yes" and the other it's a short phrase in falsetto...how could you make out the song at all?

Man I said, that the snippet sounded fresh and new, not the whole song!!!

blackcoffee

Interesting! I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

As for comparisons to The Cure and DWUW...I can't hear those similarities at all, except maybe in her high voice singing.

The production is nothing like those two songs, based on the snippet. This "Heal Me" song is sparse, vocally driven, pure R&B. TC is trendy, Chainsmokers-esque electro dance pop and DWUW is heavy electro R&B...this songs seems way more sparse and pure, thank goodness.

The country rock songs I heard her do at the first filming in Indio were amazing and this sounds interesting too, so we are in for a treat of a soundtrack. 

Katie14

I think one of the big themes of this will be sticking to who you are vs selling out. There is a fine line between transforming to maintain or gain relevancy and completely changing your style and aeistetic just to appease the masses. Instead of Bradley fading because of age, maybe he will fade because he is too stubborn to change. I also think Allie will experience the dark side of fame and realize that what she was striving for was not at all what she wanted or expected. 

GypsyBabe

I love it! :giveup: 

I know that it's only a tiny snippet, but like The Cure, I think that it sounds both fresh yet old/timely. It has a nostalgic quality to it, kind of the pre-Britney pop music from when I was little. 

I don't think that this sound will sound "dated" per se because it's kind of an interesting interpretation of an old sound already so it has a chance to be super successful. 

Personally, I love this sound on her. 

⚯͛

Emigrante
5 hours ago, Jed said:

cos it sounds like The Cure, which sounds like Sorry, which came out in 2015.
Really? The Queen of negativity is gonna come at me about this?

it doesn't

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Aussie

The Cure, Heal Me....JesusGa?

As a side note, i do hope Joanne gets re-released with more R&B/Soul songs such as The Cure and this. I think as an album going through old and new Americana it would be great to have the African-American sounds added to it for a part 2 of sorts. This would conclude the story beautifully IMO.

Let's see...

xoxo Craig
10 minutes ago, ACT2 said:

is this for asib? 

or just like the cure?

This is for ASIB 

End Racism Now

FreeAsMyHair13
22 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I think one of the big themes of this will be sticking to who you are vs selling out. There is a fine line between transforming to maintain or gain relevancy and completely changing your style and aeistetic just to appease the masses. Instead of Bradley fading because of age, maybe he will fade because he is too stubborn to change. I also think Allie will experience the dark side of fame and realize that what she was striving for was not at all what she wanted or expected. 

This is what I've been thinking too!

Although I think it might focus more on the idea of Ally selling out and perhaps losing her artistic integrity and roots when she transition she to pop. Also, I'm guessing Bradley's character will get jealous of her success/call her a sellout and their relationship will suffer and she'll more than likely develop a drug habit or something (movie trope).

Omg I've written the whole movie guys, hand me the oscar now :derpga: :ladyhaha:

Princess Stache

I REALLY hope that the ASIB soundtrack gets 50 Shades soundtrack treatment.  I'm scalped by this one snippet, and it's more than we ever got in anticipation for Joanne.

Archived