Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's nasal voice

merlot

Featured Posts

merlot
8 minutes ago, Hexxx said:

Im glad someone said it. It urks me and I haven't been able to enjoy her performances 

There must be some pressure on her nose

maybe it's her breathing :sweat:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
3 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

Nothing nasal about that performance. Gaga has good mask, and good resonance in her head. She is not nasal on Joanne. In certain live performances Gaga has been nasal, the one above is not one of them, neither is the album "Joanne", or "The Cure".

Exactly. Her speaking voice is nasal but she sings really really well without letting in nasality most of the time. Fame was more nasal -- think Summerboy. Her voice is deeper now, perhaps because she's using her true voice without much editing.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

merlot
5 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

Nothing nasal about that performance. Gaga has good mask, and good resonance in her head. She is not nasal on Joanne. In certain live performances Gaga has been nasal, the one above is not one of them, neither is the album "Joanne", or "The Cure".

lol i think you're wrong but it's okay 

derpmonster

The reason Just Another Day sounds nasal is because she sings the song as if she's talking. It's not her using her regular singing technique; it's speaking but on pitch.

RepentingSinner
Just now, merlot said:

lol i think you're wrong but it's okay 

Nah. :emma:

merlot
2 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

She does not at all. Quite the opposite, on rare occation (in that song) she sounds like she has a stuffed nose.

yeah that's exactly what i mean by nasal :interestinga:

derpmonster
Just now, merlot said:

"on rare occasion" though.

RepentingSinner
Just now, merlot said:

:toofunny:

merlot
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

"on rare occasion" though.

well i hear it a lot :sweat:

Shaney

I love her nasal sound, although it's really not that present on Joanne... idk what you guys are talking about. Her voice within the past two years is hardly as nasally as it used to be.

luckythisway

She does sound nasally on the verses of The Cure and on songs from Joanne it sounds like she's singing from the back part of her throat, idk how to describe it.

CHROMATICA

giskardsb
1 hour ago, merlot said:

that isn't what vocal "nasality" is though.

djBuffoon

Her voice never sounded more nasal than it did on The Fame, "Just Dance" in particular.

It's definitely, beyond question, 100% intentional. Even before she became Gaga, her singing was very full-throated. If she adopts a more nasal, twangy kind of sound ("Million Reason" and "The Cure" are more recent examples), then it's either to match the style of the song or to give her vocals a little more character.

"Diamond Heart" is probably the best example of how dynamic and varied she is as a singer. Her voice starts off weak and almost whispery, then it keeps growing until she's in full-on rockstar mode by the end.

Archived