Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's nasal voice

merlot

Featured Posts

Xaylan

I noticed. She did it in this:

But at a Coachella, she sang it in her normal voice, and it sounds so much better 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cold heartedpop
26 minutes ago, Xaylan said:

I noticed. She did it in this:

But at a Coachella, she sang it in her normal voice, and it sounds so much better 

In the studio version too it's very high pitch nasal and then when she does it live it's s lower tone idk how to explain it lol

xoxo Feels so good!

Togekiss
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think Joanne is "nasally" because she's fighting back tears. I think it's supposed to sound like she's crying and we all get nasally when we cry. 

I remember her saying in an interview that Mark made her keep the first take of the verses, too. It's intentionally more naturally emotional than most of her recordings, and her technique is less "perfected"

bring on that pecan pie

MEDONER
13 hours ago, JosephH said:

Yes, I have especially heard it on Joanne! Yes, it bugs me. Her voice didn't used to be like that earlier in her career though. Her voice is still wonderful though! 

This, I don't know why people say her voice improved so much when there never was anything to improve to begin with :saladga: She's been serving godly vocals since way before The Fame, Captivated/Electric Kiss performance (2005) is a perfect example.

heygirl

it's a technique she implements in some of her music to add a certain 'edge' (idk the proper wording here lol) to her music. 

Our girl knows how to sing and the gp knows it too by now, and i think adding the slight nasal sound, is a nice change from time to time, cause look at someone like Ariana Grande (not saying she sings nasally). she never changes her cutesy Disney-like voice, no matter what it is she sings. 

BASICALLY:  i'm here for variation. 

be kind guys

Archived