šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Record Labels Screwing Madonna Over??

Maleficent

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Madonna had her own label (Maverick) but it is no more now, I believe

Also, didn't she the one who hand picked the songs for her album tho?

She is like many big personality are very perfectionist. So I am not sure if blaming the record labels solely are wise. :oprah:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlaqJezus

You know it is Madonna right? Likely at this point, she has most of the creative control. She is really controlling of most things in her career, and always has been from the start. If there are good songs on the cutting room floor, she probably put them there. AND...she is probably not crying into her estimated 1 BILLION dollar fortune...

Like Gaga, let's not put these rich white women into a victim status over something like album sales or album popularity, when you can see that they make 60 million dollars a year on their off years at times. Emotionally hurt they may be, victims of a system that doesn't value you their voice, but in no way are they being harassed into album choices and this other nonsense, and even if they were being told what to release? Who cares, as long as the music gets out eventually, and we get more and more of what we love at no cost to them in the end.

That J

Madonna has TONS of epic unreleased songs. Ā Lots of fans, myself included, long for a full album of some of those. Ā From the Rain tapes, to the ROL/Music sessions....so much! Ā 

"Liquid Love" and "Like A Flower" are two of my faves. Ā The Rebel Heart demos are amazing as you guys have listed. Ā Check out "Wash All Over Me", "Hold Tight demo 3 and 4", the 80s synth style "Beautiful Scars" demo as well. Ā 

Madonna holds her creative control. Ā Her problem is letting some classics fall away for more dance oriented stuff or, as she calls it, her "humor" or "ironic" (lol) tracks like S.E.X./Holy Water, etc. Ā Ā 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Maleficent
2 hours ago, BlaqJezus said:

You know it is Madonna right? Likely at this point, she has most of the creative control. She is really controlling of most things in her career, and always has been from the start. If there are good songs on the cutting room floor, she probably put them there. AND...she is probably not crying into her estimated 1 BILLION dollar fortune...

Like Gaga, let's not put these rich white women into a victim status over something like album sales or album popularity, when you can see that they make 60 million dollars a year on their off years at times. Emotionally hurt they may be, victims of a system that doesn't value you their voice, but in no way are they being harassed into album choices and this other nonsense, and even if they were being told what to release? Who cares, as long as the music gets out eventually, and we get more and more of what we love at no cost to them in the end.

I value what you say. Perhaps I do victimize Madonna unfairly so, because I want to see her succeed in the current market.

mcphee

I can't imagine a world were people in charge of making money would purposely sabotage themselves tbh. :giveup:I think the label are to blame for the music sounding like its trying to hard to be trendy rather than because they want her to bomb...Ā 

Maleficent
Just now, channel said:

I can't imagine a world were people in charge of making money would purposely sabotage themselves tbh. :giveup:I think the label are to blame for the music sounding like its trying to hard to be trendy rather than because they want her to bomb...Ā 

Ā But the sooner she's done with, the more they are able to invest in younger stars that have a whole career ahead of them instead of relatively older stars who may be closer to retirementĀ 

mcphee
Just now, Maleficent said:

Ā But the sooner she's done with, the more they are able to invest in younger stars that have a whole career ahead of them instead of relatively older stars who may be closer to retirementĀ 

I definitely see your point. Madge is a great touring power still though, even if her albums flop she'll be releasing for years to come cause people will go see her. The new girls haven't quite grasped that part yet.

Batwings
32 minutes ago, MonsterJames333 said:

Madonna has TONS of epic unreleased songs. Ā Lots of fans, myself included, long for a full album of some of those. Ā From the Rain tapes, to the ROL/Music sessions....so much! Ā 

"Liquid Love" and "Like A Flower" are two of my faves. Ā The Rebel Heart demos are amazing as you guys have listed. Ā Check out "Wash All Over Me", "Hold Tight demo 3 and 4", the 80s synth style "Beautiful Scars" demo as well. Ā 

Madonna holds her creative control. Ā Her problem is letting some classics fall away for more dance oriented stuff or, as she calls it, her "humor" or "ironic" (lol) tracks like S.E.X./Holy Water, etc. Ā Ā 

"Like a Flower" and "Gone Gone Gone" from the ROL/Music sessions are some of her best work ever. It's a shame they were never officially released.Ā 

Ā 

That J
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

"Like a Flower" and "Gone Gone Gone" from the ROL/Music sessions are some of her best work ever. It's a shame they were never officially released.Ā 

Ā 

YES!! Ā  She's really never screwed up a ballad. Ā Gone Gone Gone is a masterpiece! Ā  Ā Like A Flower makes me WEEP. Ā But it's ok I love it. Ā šŸ˜‰

Batwings
19 minutes ago, MonsterJames333 said:

YES!! Ā  She's really never screwed up a ballad. Ā Gone Gone Gone is a masterpiece! Ā  Ā Like A Flower makes me WEEP. Ā But it's ok I love it. Ā šŸ˜‰

I feel like Madonna needs a longtime fan on her team to help guide her.

"Hey Madge, instead of Spanish Lesson/S.E.X./Superstar, why don't you put Like a Flower on the album?"Ā 

:laughga:

That J
Just now, Batwings said:

I feel like Madonna needs a longtime fan on her team to help guide her.

"Hey Madge, instead of Spanish Lesson/S.E.X./Superstar, why don't you put Like a Flower on the album?"Ā 

SEE!!! Ā We'd be perfect for that job. Ā "M maybe save SEX for a surprise interlude and add Like A Flower. Your vocal is amazing on that track. Ā Truly one of the best in your career. Ā Yes Queen!" Ā  Really kiss her full a$$ ya know. Ā šŸ˜‚

ThisGuyTony

Madonna's image has always been about her being in control and making the decisions in her career.Ā 

I don't wanna say that that perception has changed, so she is still in control,Ā but maybe she didn't feel they were good enough to make the album? I haven't heard he songs so idk.

Idk I'd be upset if the record label is making the decisions about the album tracks she can have.Ā 

That J

And I'm the only person on earth who likes Spanish Lesson. Ā Don't shoot! Ā Lol

Archived