💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Record Labels Screwing Madonna Over??

Maleficent

Featured Posts

Maleficent

After listening to some of Madonna's unreleased tracks from Rebel Heart and hearing William Orbit hinting that some of the best MDNA songs were left on the cutting-room floor by the record execs, I wonder if her label is purposefully releasing Madonna's weakest songs in order to make room for younger talents (who will have more time to make billions--whereas Madonna may not have as many good years left for profit). I mean, it is ridiculous to think that songs like Autotune Baby or Queen would be cut by Madonna or the producers working on them. Should Madonna start her own label??? Discuss

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

Queen is literally EVERYTHING. How it didn't make it is beyond me. 

calmar

Do you guys have some quick links to these songs? I'm not enough of a Madonna follower to be up in the know about the sounds of her unreleased tracks.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

LUO YI

She's under Interscope now so I think this could be true.

The night sky tells all

Red

Labels cut everybody's songs, it's not a bias against Madonna

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Chromatislaps

I was thinking of this recently, I heard the William Orbit mix of Love Spent the other day, and I was thinking why did this not make the final cut! Honestly, her music at Warner was so much better, and I feel like the executives gave her more freedom on an artistic level:crossed: Her albums from ROL up to COAD were flawless. Hard Candy was the streak breaker tbh, but I think back when she was living in Europe (before the breakup with Guy Richie) made her music more authentic for some reason.:giveup: All her music from 1997-2005 was very Europop/electro sounding after that she went for the more Urban sound she has now :cryga: 

lxdygxga

I think "best songs" is subjective. MDNA is rather kitsch and somewhat polarising, so it's harder to judge. It felt much more of an attempt to chase trends and stay "hip", than say Rebel Heart, which I can say from my point of view is her strongest work in years. Granted it has some turkeys like Autotune Baby, but on whole, the entire body of work is amazing.

Living for Love, Messiah, Ghosttown, Illuminati, Devil Pray, HeartBreakCity, Joan of Arc - some excellent songs. If there are better ones on the cutting room floor, I'd kill to hear them one day. 

I'd say from what we know of her, I could struggle to see her being wholly dictated to by any label, about the material she releases.

Edge Of Venus
12 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

After listening to some of Madonna's unreleased tracks from Rebel Heart and hearing William Orbit hinting that some of the best MDNA songs were left on the cutting-room floor by the record execs, I wonder if her label is purposefully releasing Madonna's weakest songs in order to make room for younger talents (who will have more time to make billions--whereas Madonna may not have as many good years left for profit). I mean, it is ridiculous to think that songs like Autotune Baby or Queen would be cut by Madonna or the producers working on them. Should Madonna start her own label??? Discuss

No. 

William Orbit explicitly said Madonna was too busy making her movie and her focus at that time was not music and hence why MDNA was a rushed mess.

With Rebel Heart she worked with Avicii who then got severely sick and she had to move on to Diplo to finish her record but everything leaked so she had to rush to finish (mixing, mastering) the album so it ended up being an unpolished mess even though the songs themselves are great. 

Autotune Baby is only a bonus track on some random German edition and Queen sounds like a late 00s song produced by The Dream, so NO thanks.

DeanWinchester
Just now, jvckk said:

Rebel Heart, which I can say from my point of view is her strongest work in years.

Holy **** yes. Thank you. 

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Hades

As a big fan i have to say that her last 2 albums have been a lucklaster. MDNA was a quickly baked album so it was expected to not be acclaimed but Rebel Heart could have been way better. I guess the leaks and the label affected the plan of the album.

Genereally somethig seems off with her lately. I miss the perfection of her albums till Confessions.

Edge Of Venus

She had really bad luck during the Rebel Heart era, first 50+ of her new songs and demos leaked, then she got dragged off the stage by the cape, then all her singles and album flopped, then she wanted to do something cool with Drake but he sabotaged it with his reaction, then her son ran away in the midst of her WW tour. Maybe karma is a bad bitch and she shouldn't have badmouthed Gaga in 2012. 

Hades
1 minute ago, Edge Of Venus said:

She had really bad luck during the Rebel Heart era, first 50+ of her new songs and demos leaked, then she got dragged off the stage by the cape, then all her singles and album flopped, then she wanted to do something cool with Drake but he sabotaged it with his reaction, then her son ran away in the midst of her WW tour. Maybe karma is a bad bitch and she shouldn't have badmouthed Gaga in 2012. 

Then you must have not been living during the EROTICA/SEX BOOK days. She was dragged to the pits of hell. The cape incident or any Gaga drama are nothing compared to what she went through. And she won. 30 years of career not everybody has that.

Ricardo

lol no, Madonna is in a position where she can do whatever she wants, I don't see her as a controlled artist by her label, she has been making poor decisions since Hard Candy and that's up to her not her label, she's being trying to hit the young demographic unsuccessfully, hopefully she moves on with her intents of being "cool" again in the next album

Ricardo
4 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

haha don't give Gaga that much credit, GP hasn't been there for Madonna since American Life, thankfully she still have a massive fan base that makes her tour successful 

Archived