💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What are your fave 'old' songs?

YaaaasGaga

Featured Posts

YaaaasGaga

Started this thread because I usually prefer listening to old music over the majority of new music that comes out, and I love discovering new 'old' songs and artists that I haven't previously encountered :lolly: 

So if anyone on here is the same, this is the thread for you to discover new old jams too :lolly:

So I was wondering, what are your favourite 'old' bops that you think not many people know about? And by old, I'm going to say anything pre-1997 (Because anything that's less than 20 years old isn't really THAT old tbh...) :whitney:

Comment with your faves!

These are a few of my faves, so enjoy :diane:

kvnrp

Some of my faves lately :diane:

Daft Punk will always have a soft spot in my heart :diane:

2017s summer bop tbh :lana:

I love "old music" :diane: My list is too long so I'll post just my Top 3

(Not sure if My Heart Will Go On counts cause it's exactly from 1997 lol)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I honestly believe Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever created. The lyrics, composition, vocals, and meaning are just perfect, it's hauntingly beautiful :giveup:

PunkTheFunk

How old are we talking? :poot: I'm a sucker for everything from 1940s show tunes to The Beach Boys to ABBA to 80s Madonna to TLC  :poot:

YaaaasGaga
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

How old are we talking? :poot: I'm a sucker for everything from 1940s show tunes to The Beach Boys to ABBA to 80s Madonna to TLC  :poot:

As old as you like, as long as it was before 1997 (older than 20 years) :lolly:

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, YaaaasGaga said:

As old as you like, as long as it was before 1997 (older than 20 years) :lolly:

I'll go back to 1960 with this flawless album by Julie London :poot:

calmar

But to be restrict myself to 20th century popular music, working backwards from 1996 , here are a few from my main playlist:

Spoiler

1996: Feuer im Blut - Mireille Mathieu; Wannabe - Spice Girls
1995: Macarena - Los Del Rio; A Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shake
1994: What the Cowgirls Do - Vince Gill
1992: Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus; Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? -  Rockapella; Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Pants offa Santa - Elmo Shropshire; What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
1991: I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred; Der Pariser Tango - Mireille Mathieu; Enter Sandman - Metallica 
1990: Can't Touch This - MC Hammer; Vogue - Madonna; Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory; Istanbul - They Might Be Giants
1989: We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel; Like a Prayer - Madonna; Express Yourself - Madonna; If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
1988: Why Should I Worry? - Billy Joel; Kokomo - The Beach Boys
1987: Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley; Bad - Michael Jackson; Rag Doll - Aerosmith; The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson; Beethoven (I Love to Listen to) - Eurythmics; Love in the First Degree - Bananarama
1986: Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles; Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins; Venus - Shocking Blue (covered by Bananarama), When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics; Papa Don't Preach - Madonna; Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung; Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
1985: Blue Paradise - Mireille Mathieu, Would I Lie to You? - Eurythmics, Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder, The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News
1984: Footloose - Kenny Loggins; Material Girl - Madonna; We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister; Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go - Wham!; She Bop - Cindy Lauper; Like a Virgin - Madonna; You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive; Take On Me - A-ha
1983: Synchronicity I -  The Police; Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves; 99 Luftballons - Nena; Sweet Dreams -  Eurythmics
1982: Mickey - Toni Basil; Thriller - Michael Jackson; Billie Jean - Michael Jackson; Beat It - Michael Jackson; Eye of the Tiger - Survivor; Africa - Toto
1981: Making Your Mind Up - Bucks Fizz; Tainted Love - Soft Cell; Don't You Want Me - The Human League
1980: Call Me - Blondie; Celebration - Kool and the Gang; The Tide is High - Blondie; Back in Black - ACDC; 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
1979: Moskau - Dschinghis Khan; Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan; What I Like About You - The Romantics; Pop Muzik - M; Hot Stuff - Donna Summer; I Was Made for Loving You - KISS; Funky Town - Lipps Inc; My Sharona - The Knack
1978: Copacabana - Barry Manilow; Surrender - Cheap Trick; Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose - Teddy Pendergrass; Rasputin - Boney M.; I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor; Bicycle Race - Queen; Y.M.C.A. - The Village People; One Way or Another - Blondie; September - Earth, Wind and Fire; Don't Stop Me Now - Queen; Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Elmo and Patsy
1977: Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac; Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees; We Are the Champions - Queen; We Will Rock You - Queen; Keep it Comin', Love - KC & The Sunshine Band; Ma Baker - Boney M.; and of course the soundtrack to Star Wars
1976: Shake Your Booty - KC & The Sunshine Band; I Wish - Stevie Wonder; Disco Inferno - The Trammps
1975: Get Down Tonight - KC & The Sunshine Band; That's the Way (I Like It) - KC & The Sunshine Band; Walk This Way - Aerosmith; Mamma Mia - ABBA, Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS
1974: Rebel Rebel - David Bowie; Waterloo - ABBA; The Bitch is Back - Elton John; and the soundtrack to the Rocky Horror Picture Show
1973: Candle in the Wind - Elton John
1972: Prisencolinensinainciusol - Adriano Celentano; Crocodile Rock - Elton John; Burning Love - Elvis Presley; Suffragette City - David Bowie; the Grease soundtrack
1971: Life on Mars? - David Bowie; Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner
1970: Iron Man - Black Sabbath
1969: It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers; Space Oddity - David Bowie
1968: Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf; Build Me Up, Buttercup - The Foundations
1967: Theme from Mission: Impossible - Lalo Schifrin; Penny Lane - The Beatles; Respect - Aretha Franklin; Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin; Bend Me, Shape Me - The American Breed 
1966: Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers; Big Spender - Shirley Bassey; These Boots are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra; Monday, Monday - The Mamas & The Papas; Wouldn't it Be Nice - The Beach Boys; Wild Thing - The Troggs; Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles; Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful; Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys; I'm a Believer - The Monkees
1965: California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas; It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones; Stop! In the Name of Love - The Supremes; Help Me, Rhonda - The Beach Boys; Poupée de Cire, Poupée de Son - France Gall; Do You Believe in Magic? - The Lovin' Spoonful; Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys; Turn! Turn! Turn! - The Byrds
1964: Viva las Vegas - Elvis Presley; I Get Around - The Beach Boys; Romeo and Juliet - The Reflections; Bread and Butter - The Newbeats; Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann; Downtown - Petula Clark; My Girl - The Temptations; Fun, Fun, Fun - The Beach Boys; The Name Game - Shirley Ellis
1963: Little Douce Coupe - Beach Boys; She Loves You - The Beatles; Love Potion #9 - The Searchers; My Boyfriend's Back - The Angels; Wipe Out - The Surfaris; It's My Party - Leslie Gore; Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash; Twist and Shout - the Beatles; Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys; Yakety Sax theme - Homer Randolph
1962: Ya Ya Twist - Petula Clark; Do You Love Me? - The Contours; Monster Mash - Boris Pickett
1961: Who Put the Bomp? - Barry Mann
1960: Stuck on You - Elvis Presley; Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini - Brian Hyland
1959: Milord - Édith Piaf
1958: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee; Lollipop - The Chordettes; Witch Doctor - Ross Bagdasarian; Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry; Fever - Peggy Lee; Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley; Chantilly Lace - Jiles Richardson; La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
1957: At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors; Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley; Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms; Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
1956: Day-O - Harry Belafonte; Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis Presley; Hound Dog - Elvis Presley; Why Do Fools Fall in Love? - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers
1955: L'Accordéoniste - Édith Piaf; Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
1954: La Goualante du Pauvre Jean - Édith Piaf; Rock Around the Clock - Billy Haley and his Comets; Shake, Rattle, and Roll - Big Joe Turner; Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
1950: Get Happy - Judy Garland
1949: I Don't Care - Judy Garland; Diamond's are a Girl's Best Friend - Carol Channing
1946: Jump in the Line - Aldwyn Roberts
1944: The Trolley Song - Judy Garland
1943: The Joint is Really Jumpin' - Judy Garland
1941: Chica Chica Boom Chic - Carmen Miranda
1940: Mamãe Eu Quero - Carmen Miranda
1939: In the Mood - Glenn Miller Band
1936: Sing, Sing, Sing - Louis Prima; Cuban Pete - Joseph Norman
1935: Blue Moon - Connee Boswell
1929: Puttin' on the Ritz - Fred Astaire
1921: California, Here I Come - Al Jolson
1902: The Entertainer - Scott Joplin
1901: The Invercargill March - Alex Lithgow 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

YaaaasGaga
1 minute ago, calmar said:

But to be restrict myself to 20th century popular music, working backwards from 1996 , here are a few from my main playlist:

Hide contents

1996: Feuer im Blut - Mireille Mathieu; Wannabe - Spice Girls
1995: Macarena - Los Del Rio; A Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shake
1994: What the Cowgirls Do - Vince Gill
1992: Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus; Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? -  Rockapella; Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Pants offa Santa - Elmo Shropshire; What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
1991: I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred; Der Pariser Tango - Mireille Mathieu; Enter Sandman - Metallica 
1990: Can't Touch This - MC Hammer; Vogue - Madonna; Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory; Istanbul - They Might Be Giants
1989: We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel; Like a Prayer - Madonna; Express Yourself - Madonna; If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
1988: Why Should I Worry? - Billy Joel; Kokomo - The Beach Boys
1987: Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley; Bad - Michael Jackson; Rag Doll - Aerosmith; The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson; Beethoven (I Love to Listen to) - Eurythmics; Love in the First Degree - Bananarama
1986: Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles; Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins; Venus - Shocking Blue (covered by Bananarama), When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics; Papa Don't Preach - Madonna; Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung; Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
1985: Blue Paradise - Mireille Mathieu, Would I Lie to You? - Eurythmics, Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder, The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News
1984: Footloose - Kenny Loggins; Material Girl - Madonna; We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister; Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go - Wham!; She Bop - Cindy Lauper; Like a Virgin - Madonna; You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive; Take On Me - A-ha
1983: Synchronicity I -  The Police; Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves; 99 Luftballons - Nena; Sweet Dreams -  Eurythmics
1982: Mickey - Toni Basil; Thriller - Michael Jackson; Billie Jean - Michael Jackson; Beat It - Michael Jackson; Eye of the Tiger - Survivor; Africa - Toto
1981: Making Your Mind Up - Bucks Fizz; Tainted Love - Soft Cell; Don't You Want Me - The Human League
1980: Call Me - Blondie; Celebration - Kool and the Gang; The Tide is High - Blondie; Back in Black - ACDC; 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
1979: Moskau - Dschinghis Khan; Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan; What I Like About You - The Romantics; Pop Muzik - M; Hot Stuff - Donna Summer; I Was Made for Loving You - KISS; Funky Town - Lipps Inc; My Sharona - The Knack
1978: Copacabana - Barry Manilow; Surrender - Cheap Trick; Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose - Teddy Pendergrass; Rasputin - Boney M.; I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor; Bicycle Race - Queen; Y.M.C.A. - The Village People; One Way or Another - Blondie; September - Earth, Wind and Fire; Don't Stop Me Now - Queen; Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Elmo and Patsy
1977: Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac; Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees; We Are the Champions - Queen; We Will Rock You - Queen; Keep it Comin', Love - KC & The Sunshine Band; Ma Baker - Boney M.; and of course the soundtrack to Star Wars
1976: Shake Your Booty - KC & The Sunshine Band; I Wish - Stevie Wonder; Disco Inferno - The Trammps
1975: Get Down Tonight - KC & The Sunshine Band; That's the Way (I Like It) - KC & The Sunshine Band; Walk This Way - Aerosmith; Mamma Mia - ABBA, Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS
1974: Rebel Rebel - David Bowie; Waterloo - ABBA; The Bitch is Back - Elton John; and the soundtrack to the Rocky Horror Picture Show
1973: Candle in the Wind - Elton John
1972: Prisencolinensinainciusol - Adriano Celentano; Crocodile Rock - Elton John; Burning Love - Elvis Presley; Suffragette City - David Bowie; the Grease soundtrack
1971: Life on Mars? - David Bowie; Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner
1970: Iron Man - Black Sabbath
1969: It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers; Space Oddity - David Bowie
1968: Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf; Build Me Up, Buttercup - The Foundations
1967: Theme from Mission: Impossible - Lalo Schifrin; Penny Lane - The Beatles; Respect - Aretha Franklin; Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin; Bend Me, Shape Me - The American Breed 
1966: Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers; Big Spender - Shirley Bassey; These Boots are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra; Monday, Monday - The Mamas & The Papas; Wouldn't it Be Nice - The Beach Boys; Wild Thing - The Troggs; Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles; Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful; Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys; I'm a Believer - The Monkees
1965: California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas; It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones; Stop! In the Name of Love - The Supremes; Help Me, Rhonda - The Beach Boys; Poupée de Cire, Poupée de Son - France Gall; Do You Believe in Magic? - The Lovin' Spoonful; Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys; Turn! Turn! Turn! - The Byrds
1964: Viva las Vegas - Elvis Presley; I Get Around - The Beach Boys; Romeo and Juliet - The Reflections; Bread and Butter - The Newbeats; Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann; Downtown - Petula Clark; My Girl - The Temptations; Fun, Fun, Fun - The Beach Boys; The Name Game - Shirley Ellis
1963: Little Douce Coupe - Beach Boys; She Loves You - The Beatles; Love Potion #9 - The Searchers; My Boyfriend's Back - The Angels; Wipe Out - The Surfaris; It's My Party - Leslie Gore; Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash; Twist and Shout - the Beatles; Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys; Yakety Sax theme - Homer Randolph
1962: Ya Ya Twist - Petula Clark; Do You Love Me? - The Contours; Monster Mash - Boris Pickett
1961: Who Put the Bomp? - Barry Mann
1960: Stuck on You - Elvis Presley; Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini - Brian Hyland
1959: Milord - Édith Piaf
1958: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee; Lollipop - The Chordettes; Witch Doctor - Ross Bagdasarian; Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry; Fever - Peggy Lee; Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley; Chantilly Lace - Jiles Richardson; La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
1957: At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors; Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley; Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms; Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
1956: Day-O - Harry Belafonte; Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis Presley; Hound Dog - Elvis Presley; Why Do Fools Fall in Love? - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers
1955: L'Accordéoniste - Édith Piaf; Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
1954: La Goualante du Pauvre Jean - Édith Piaf; Rock Around the Clock - Billy Haley and his Comets; Shake, Rattle, and Roll - Big Joe Turner; Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
1950: Get Happy - Judy Garland
1949: I Don't Care - Judy Garland; Diamond's are a Girl's Best Friend - Carol Channing
1946: Jump in the Line - Aldwyn Roberts
1944: The Trolley Song - Judy Garland
1943: The Joint is Really Jumpin' - Judy Garland
1941: Chica Chica Boom Chic - Carmen Miranda
1940: Mamãe Eu Quero - Carmen Miranda
1939: In the Mood - Glenn Miller Band
1936: Sing, Sing, Sing - Louis Prima; Cuban Pete - Joseph Norman
1935: Blue Moon - Connee Boswell
1929: Puttin' on the Ritz - Fred Astaire
1921: California, Here I Come - Al Jolson
1902: The Entertainer - Scott Joplin
1901: The Invercargill March - Alex Lithgow 

Wow, you really went all out :giveup:

Some great choices in there btw!

juju

Here, have my Spotify playlist of #throwbacks :lolly: 

(oldies are songs from before I was born, so songs prior to 1990)

❤ x ❤

Archived