💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Katy Perry Using N-Word

Saint Hollywood

Featured Posts

drinkmytears
15 minutes ago, buddh1sm said:

i agree, lets not cheer on her downfall. B U T at the same time...lets not defend racists 

i really hate it when people coddle a white person over saying racists terms. she's a grown ass woman she knew it was wrong. 

I don't know if you're being entirely fair 

She grew up very sheltered, and was taught that other religions or homosexuals were sinners and would go to hell. I can't assume she was preached that other races were bad, but I'm sure there were some racist undertones in her unbringing. Then when she was very young , in her early 20s, she was catupulted to international fame.

Is it right she said the N word? No. However it sounds like she said it in 2013. 2013 was still a pretty different time to now, before the BLM movement and before the 2016 election. Yes there's always been issues of racism, however not everything was as heated as it has been for the past couple years. 

I know many white people, even very liberal ones, who have used the N word in song. In middle/high school it was actually pretty popular to use. Katy isn't a middle schooler, but like I said did she ever really have the chance to be totally young and careless? 

She probably said it jokingly or in song, and no it's not right, but to label her a racist I think is a little unfair. She's probably learned better and no longer uses it. Yes she should apologize, but she's so busy that she probably doesn't even know this minor controversy has been brought up on Twitter. 

Katy was a huge support for Hillary, and for the most part has preached love and acceptance throughout her career. Yes she's done some "problematic" things, this being one of them, but everyone should keep in mind their past and everything they've ever said. Nobody is perfect, let's fight our real enemies not allies who have messed up. 

Katy got BLM shirts as Christmas gifts for her friends...she doesn't seem like a racist to me

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh so now we have to give the excuse of being raised in a sheltered enviroment? um no, she is a grown woman in The Age of Information and works in the industry with black people. no excuses. @drinkmytears

drinkmytears
4 minutes ago, buddh1sm said:

oh so now we have to give the excuse of being raised in a sheltered enviroment? um no, she is a grown woman in The Age of Information and works in the industry with black people. no excuses. @drinkmytears

If you think like that I'm so sorry. Someone's upbringing does actually have an impact on them. It sounds like she said it years ago and has probably learned better since then. 

I used that word when I was like 12 because I heard many people around me use it. Not with an "ER" ending but an "a" ending. People would use it whe rapping along or as a joke. I learned shortly after how disgusting it sounded and stopped using it. Am I a racist for life because of that? No. 

Just like I know lots of people who once said "that's gay" of jokingly called their friends gay/fag/queer/dyke etc because they didn't think at the time. I wouldn't label those people homophobic for the whole rest of their life.

you learn better, stop using it, and move on. For you to write Katy off forever is really closed minded.

There are real racists out there. The President, the KKK, those who refuse to acknowledge thousands of murdered black youth. Go argue with them, not about a pop star on a forum. Katy has fought for many causes and she isn't perfect, but tearing down allies is part of why this battle isn't won.

@drinkmytears i was raised in Memphis, TN & northern MS (the south. where MLK was shot..). i will NEVER excuse someone for saying the N word. it is not just a word, it is a tool of oppression. and i'm so sorry you don't understand that. 

drinkmytears
1 minute ago, buddh1sm said:

@drinkmytears i was raised in Memphis, TN & northern MS (the south. where MLK was shot..). i will NEVER excuse someone for saying the N word. it is not just a word, it is a tool of oppression. and i'm so sorry you don't understand that. 

So if someone makes a mistake, they are written off for the entire rest of their life? Even if they educate themselves? Even if they become an activist? 

I truly feel sorry that you live like that. I believe in forgiveness, doing better, and improving on oneself. 

If you think every last person on earth who has ever used a slur is a bad person, you wouldn't have many allies left! 

Snejana

I was feeling kinda bad for her bc of all the backlash over that stupid Obama joke but now lmao im living for it, this puta deserves to be dragged to hell and back. She was a grown woman when she called that guy the n word, and also she's has plenty of access to information. K*ty most certainly had the chance to educate herself on this issue, shes dumb and hope the GP drops her 

drinkmytears

I'm also not saying this guy is lying, but you're coming down awfully hard on her for something that we don't even have any proof of.

Kayla
2 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

If you think like that I'm so sorry. Someone's upbringing does actually have an impact on them. It sounds like she said it years ago and has probably learned better since then. 

I used that word when I was like 12 because I heard many people around me use it. Not with an "ER" ending but an "a" ending. People would use it whe rapping along or as a joke. I learned shortly after how disgusting it sounded and stopped using it. Am I a racist for life because of that? No. 

Just like I know lots of people who once said "that's gay" of jokingly called their friends gay/fag/queer/dyke etc because they didn't think at the time. I wouldn't label those people homophobic for the whole rest of their life.

you learn better, stop using it, and move on. For you to write Katy off forever is really closed minded.

There are real racists out there. The President, the KKK, those who refuse to acknowledge thousands of murdered black youth. Go argue with them, not about a pop star on a forum. Katy has fought for many causes and she isn't perfect, but tearing down allies is part of why this battle isn't won.

This is absolutely true. When I started high school I do remember using "*****," "that's gay," and "so retarded," without really thinking it was a huge issue. As I grew up I learned I was out of line, and saying those things the way I was is really unacceptable. 

I agree with @buddh1sm that being raised sheltered is NOT an excuse - Katy is a grown ass woman, but I also think we need to be understanding of stupid mistakes. 

I'm not saying Katy should get off easy - she should be made fully aware how messed up it is - I just think we need to give people a chance to learn and say "Yeah, that was ****ed up, I'm sorry," before we go digging their graves.

drinkmytears
7 minutes ago, Kayla said:

This is absolutely true. When I started high school I do remember using "*****," "that's gay," and "so retarded," without really thinking it was a huge issue. As I grew up I learned I was out of line, and saying those things the way I was is really unacceptable. 

I agree with @buddh1sm that being raised sheltered is NOT an excuse - Katy is a grown ass woman, but I also think we need to be understanding of stupid mistakes. 

I'm not saying Katy should get off easy - she should be made fully aware how messed up it is - I just think we need to give people a chance to learn and say "Yeah, that was ****ed up, I'm sorry," before we go digging their graves.

Exactly. 

And even though Katy has never explicitly apologized for this incident, she has supported BLM and the presidential candidate who was also much more aware of the racial injustices in the country. There's no point fighting the ally.

Kayla
22 hours ago, SKANK said:

Why ya'll acting brand new.gif

Katy's sense of humor has been the same since day one, when she jokingly encouraged a man to kill himself because he was effeminate in "Ur So Gay."

Katy's existence in our culture speaks to our need to have music that isn't serious, so stop taking everything she says and does so seriously. 

If she wanted to just be the not-serious-celebrity, the fun-loving goofball or whatever, fine. But homegirl tours with a Presidential candidate, gets honored by the Human Rights Campaign, tries to be an inspirational figure to her fans, etc. She keeps trying to be taken seriously.

The fact is she follows trends, flat out. She didn't start being "artsy" until that was more trendy, didn't start being an LGBT activist and inspirationally-geared performer until that became a thing, and now that being "woke" is what's cool she's acting like that too. 

In reality, we SHOULDN'T take everything she says and does so seriously, you're right about that. And really, I feel bad for the girl because I don't think she really knows what kind of artist she wants to be. 

16 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

"mzbatista24Racist unfollowing you now 👿 so disappointed 😔"

"realkountrygirlgena Racist trash!"

"geneen123_Racist?"

"groovylolitaxo You're dusty bitch racist hoe"

Nnnnnn. What kind of kii:air:

People are going waaaaaayyyy too far, imo. What Katy did is a "bitch, what?" offense, not a "you racist bitch!" offense. Let the punishment fit the crime! :giggle:

3 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

This reminds me of when Taylor was exposed and everyone started coming out with stories.

The GP has turned on Katy.

I've been wondering about Taylor lately. It seems like she's more or less laying low until her media backlash blows over. She'll probably release an album in a year or two and everyone will love her again. :sleep: But I don't think Katy has the business knowledge to pull something like that off. 

LePetitGAGABLover
4 minutes ago, Kayla said:

People are going waaaaaayyyy too far, imo. What Katy did is a "bitch, what?" offense, not a "you racist bitch!" offense. Let the

I agree. Like, posting offensive comments is like trying to fight terrorism with terrosim: useless.

StrawberryBlond

I was sceptical at first but now I think it could be true. These tweets are from 2013 and 2015 but to bring them up again after all this time is telling. This guy made them back when the public was loving Katy, so it's not like he just decided to be negative now for the hell of it because everyone else is. To bring up something so old suggests there's truth there.

If it is indeed true, she should be ashamed of herself. She was old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. She's grown up in LA which is full of black people. She's worked with black people. If she can keep up to date on what's popular, she should also be aware of what's appropriate and inappropriate to say racially. All I can think of right now is that Kris Jenner gif where she walks up to these black men and says "Welcome to the the hood!" The ignorance of some grown women astounds me.

On 30/04/2017 at 8:40 PM, Red said:

Since when April 30th is the International Katy Perry Roasting Day and nobody warned me?

I was thinking the same thing! April-May have the following special days: April Fools, Easter, May Day, the MET Gala and for the UK, 2 bank holidays. But now I'll always think of April 30th as the day that Katy Perry's GP support officially stumbled.

4 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

I don't know if you're being entirely fair 

She grew up very sheltered, and was taught that other religions or homosexuals were sinners and would go to hell. I can't assume she was preached that other races were bad, but I'm sure there were some racist undertones in her unbringing. Then when she was very young , in her early 20s, she was catupulted to international fame.

Is it right she said the N word? No. However it sounds like she said it in 2013. 2013 was still a pretty different time to now, before the BLM movement and before the 2016 election. Yes there's always been issues of racism, however not everything was as heated as it has been for the past couple years. 

I know many white people, even very liberal ones, who have used the N word in song. In middle/high school it was actually pretty popular to use. Katy isn't a middle schooler, but like I said did she ever really have the chance to be totally young and careless? 

She probably said it jokingly or in song, and no it's not right, but to label her a racist I think is a little unfair. She's probably learned better and no longer uses it. Yes she should apologize, but she's so busy that she probably doesn't even know this minor controversy has been brought up on Twitter. 

Katy was a huge support for Hillary, and for the most part has preached love and acceptance throughout her career. Yes she's done some "problematic" things, this being one of them, but everyone should keep in mind their past and everything they've ever said. Nobody is perfect, let's fight our real enemies not allies who have messed up. 

Katy got BLM shirts as Christmas gifts for her friends...she doesn't seem like a racist to me

I think you give her a bit too much credit here. I grew up in an area with very few black people and even now there's still not that many. Up until about 3 years ago, I could count how many black people I'd ever seen in reality on 2 hands. In addition, my dad is the classic baby boomer who's always struggled to move with the times when it comes to acceptable racial terms. I didn't have any black friends because there wasn't any to have and in my huge high school, I think only 3 black people attended in the 6 years I was there and they were related. Almost everything I learned about black people didn't come from experience, it came from the media. And yet...I would never have dreamed of using the n-word or any kind of racial slur. I knew that certain terms were only ok when said within a certain community. I knew about cultural gaps and appropriate things to say. Katy is way too old to be doing this stuff or using her upbringing as an excuse. Tyra Banks once invited some people onto her show to talk to them about race and there was this one white guy who was very close-minded towards blacks and stereotyped them terribly. Tyra said to him that even though she doesn't know what he sees in his community to make him think this way, he has no excuse not to be educated on the true perception of black people because he has a tv, the internet and is at college. She said that to use your upbringing as an excuse just doesn't wash anymore. Media connections inform us on the stuff we don't see in our day-to-day lives. After a point, we choose to latch on to certain ideas, we aren't just consuming them without wanting to. She said this back in 2009, by the way, so what's she's saying was definitely going through people's minds in 2013. You speak of 2013 as if it was decades ago. We weren't that ignorant a mere 3 years ago.

1 hour ago, Kayla said:

Don't you think she's too old to be making mistakes like that, though? As I said above, I had no experience of black people in person when I was growing up and yet, I was never racist towards them or thought racial slurs were normal or acceptable. I guess it depends on your social group and what their intentions were. I mean, in the UK, where there's a lot of middle eastern, Indian, Muslim, etc. communities, the term 'Paki' has always been a loaded word. I don't hear it as much now but it's still around. Even if you were referring to someone who you knew was Pakistani and even if you meant it as nothing more than a shorthand for the word, it was wrong to say it. I thought everyone knew that. But some people did say it without meaning any harm in it but it always made me uncomfortable. There was even a Pakistani man who moved here who literally entitled his corner shop 'The Paki Shop' because that's what the locals called it. I mean, I don't know why he would want to reclaim such a term but he took it as a term of endearment and knew not everyone meant anything bad by it. Kinda in the same way that some people can say "chinky" when they're talking about buying a Chinese takeout but they don't actually mean anything bad by it.

But yeah, I've always thought it's best to just avoid saying any term that isn't technical regardless of your intention, just to be on the safe side. To think some people are still using these terms that we know are wrong and think it's ok and even funny is so alien to me.

Dorothy Gale

What reason does this guy have to fabricate this story though? It's not out of the realm of possibility at all that she said this. If you're doubting this just because you like Katy... :toofunny:

If someone came out and said Gaga had called them a slur I'd be distraught as a fan. 

Archived